First 23456 Last

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9w8
    Socionics
    INTj

Quote Originally Posted by Angry Ayrab View Post
    Or you could just run jump or push that much harder... if your poor like me that is.
    What you can't think of a way of getting the vibe cheaper?

Isn't it time for a colourful metaphor?

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    7w8
    Socionics
    ENTj

Quote Originally Posted by oberon View Post
    Running intervals is far and away the most effective (and most taxing) workout I've ever done.
    Yeah, true that.
    ENTj 7-3-8 sx/sp

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1

oh and sprinting raises test levels...naturally of course

higher test levels = less fat + more muscle

in general ^
    "Honest differences are often a healthy sign of progress. "

"You must not lose faith in humanity. Humanity is an ocean; if a few drops of the ocean are dirty, the ocean does not become dirty."

"An eye for an eye makes the whole world blind."

Mahatma Gandhi

Enneagram: 9w1

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    INFp

The set point of a persons shape is what makes diet and exercise fluctuate you know.

Your body is biologically and genetically determined to weigh within a certain weight range. When you go below your body's natural set point, your metabolism will react and start to slow down to try and conserve energy. Your body will start to sense it's in a state of semi-starvation and will try to use the few calories it receives more effectively. Just as your metabolism will slow down when you go under your body's set point, it will also increase if you go above it. The body will try to fight against the weight gain by increasing the metabolism and raising the body's temperature to try and burn off the unwanted calories.

Set points vary for each individual person. That is why it's not a good idea to go by the weight charts that you see in medical books or hanging in your doctor's office. For instance, a woman at a height of 5'5" with a small frame may have a set point range between 120-130 lbs, but another woman with the same frame may have a set point range between 130-140 lbs. Their set points may be different, but that is the weight range where their bodies will fight to maintain.

The more you try to go below your body's set point range, the harder your body will fight to retain it's natural weight. Engaging in a healthy eating and exercise routine, will allow your body to go to the weight it wants and needs to be at.

Basically the set point of a person is the homeostasis status quo set by the hypothalamus.

Of course there is a fine line here, when your body learns a new set point after years of being a certain shape, this is then maintained and hard to adjust. Having been 84-100kg myself since forever I know how foods affect a person according to metabolic type. I've been 75kg for a few years, all it took was clearing my lymphatic system and eating foods that are healthy for my body. I'm still exercise aversive which is something I have to start more of because muscles do burn the calories only to demand you eat more food.

Wasn't so much crazy high-calorie burning ideas as set point theory, but then crazy high-calorie ideas can't be good for you because they are crazy to maintain.
    I feel tired just by thinking about it.

Tabata 20 seconds on 10 seconds off times 8. Total 4 minutes. The video is squats but you can sprint/walk etc. It's wise to warm up 5 min and cool down another 5.

It's not the calories you burn while exercising it's the extra calories you burn after. And to do that you want to ramp up your metabolism using tabata and/or HITT.

[YOUTUBE="eDh1Cspl0jI"] Tabata Squats[/YOUTUBE]

MBTI
    ENTJ

Damn. That looks...hard.
    "Only an irrational dumbass, would burn Jews." - Jaguar

"please give concise answers in plain English" - request from Provoker

Quote Originally Posted by Kangirl View Post
    Damn. That looks...hard.
    The important part is undulating the effort. Work up to it.

MBTI
    crak
    Enneagram
    sax
    Socionics
    adhd

run.
    for as long and hard as you can as much as you can.
    this is what i do. i have a treadmil that tells me how many cals i burn and in 1.5hours or so worth of running -take breaks where you drink water and stretch to rebuild energy- i can burn around 700cals. the fat disappears evenly from all over your body, so if there are any sections you want ot focus on - just keep running, itll disapear soon. it builds muscle at the same time but you may want to work out lightly and regualarly because muscle burns fat during rest.

Striving for balance Little Linguist's Avatar
    MBTI
    xNFP

Quote Originally Posted by Synapse View Post
    The set point of a persons shape is what makes diet and exercise fluctuate you know.

Your body is biologically and genetically determined to weigh within a certain weight range. When you go below your body's natural set point, your metabolism will react and start to slow down to try and conserve energy. Your body will start to sense it's in a state of semi-starvation and will try to use the few calories it receives more effectively. Just as your metabolism will slow down when you go under your body's set point, it will also increase if you go above it. The body will try to fight against the weight gain by increasing the metabolism and raising the body's temperature to try and burn off the unwanted calories.

Set points vary for each individual person. That is why it's not a good idea to go by the weight charts that you see in medical books or hanging in your doctor's office. For instance, a woman at a height of 5'5" with a small frame may have a set point range between 120-130 lbs, but another woman with the same frame may have a set point range between 130-140 lbs. Their set points may be different, but that is the weight range where their bodies will fight to maintain.

The more you try to go below your body's set point range, the harder your body will fight to retain it's natural weight. Engaging in a healthy eating and exercise routine, will allow your body to go to the weight it wants and needs to be at.

Basically the set point of a person is the homeostasis status quo set by the hypothalamus.

Of course there is a fine line here, when your body learns a new set point after years of being a certain shape, this is then maintained and hard to adjust. Having been 84-100kg myself since forever I know how foods affect a person according to metabolic type. I've been 75kg for a few years, all it took was clearing my lymphatic system and eating foods that are healthy for my body. I'm still exercise aversive which is something I have to start more of because muscles do burn the calories only to demand you eat more food.

Wasn't so much crazy high-calorie burning ideas as set point theory, but then crazy high-calorie ideas can't be good for you because they are crazy to maintain.
    I feel tired just by thinking about it.
    Just out of curiosity how do you clear your lymphatic system?
    If you are interested in language, words, linguistics, or foreign languages, check out my blog and read, post, and/or share.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    INFp

Quote Originally Posted by Little Linguist View Post
    Just out of curiosity how do you clear your lymphatic system?
    I went to a nutritionist who identified I have a poor lymphatic circulation and liver function which I got sorted by detox while learning to eat healthier foods along with.

The lymph glands have eight functions:
    Neutralising toxins and poisons
    Returning water from tissues to the blood.
    Returning leaked protein to the blood
    Transporting fats in the body
    Transporting hormones by the Lymph System
    Destructs foreign bacteria
    Produces antibodies and
    Makes up the largest content of fluid in the body, carries more waste than blood.