User Tag List

12 Last

MBTI
    INTP

Post Where do you buy your vitamins and supplements?

I am thinking about taking a few things during the winter and am wondering where others buy their vitamins and supplements from. What are your favorite brands? Any particular brands to avoid? What places have the best deals?

Also, what vitamins or supplements do you take yourself?

Don't act like you don't know Halla.

Tempbanned
    Enneagram
    8w9

Where do you buy your vitamins and supplements?
    The same place where I get all my pharmaceutical needs taken care of... on the corner from ricky.

Quote Originally Posted by Alwar View Post
    Also, what vitamins or supplements do you take yourself?
    Omega 3
    Vitamin C + D
    Magnesium

Thinking about adding B12 to the family.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5

Beeyoutiful.com is known for their SuperMom/SuperDad multivitamins that are tailored to females/males (no offspring required. No idea why it's called "Mom/Dad" ) They are supposed to be really, really good. I've been taking the SuperMom stuff for awhile now and it certainly helps you feel healthier and more energetic. I also get pro-biotics ("Tummy Tuneup") from Beeyoutiful.

"They" say that everyone should be taking vit D these days, at least 1,000 mg/day. I take about 5,000 mg a day and my levels still aren't where they should be. I just get my D at Wal-mart, haha.

If you're thinking of taking vitamins, you can't go wrong with Vit D, Vit C, magnesium, and pro-biotics. (I take all these and more. *ahem* )

"The two most important forms of intelligence are the ability to read other people and the ability to understand oneself." -Bruce Pandolfini

"Feathers filled the small room. Our laughter kept the feathers in the air. I thought about birds. Could they fly is there wasn't someone, somewhere, laughing?"
    Jonathan Safran Foer (Extremely Loud and Incredibly Close)

MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    9w8 sp/sx

I used to take vitamins, then I got to reading up on them and didn't like the idea of "synthetic" vs. natural source.

Puritans Pride seems to test out well compared to the content/contamination identified in some brands. Nature Made does well, Vitaminne Shoppe is sometimes questionable.

Noticing there are places on the planet where people only have two sources of food. 'Reindeer' and something else can't remember...who live to a ripe age in harsh conditions and many cases. They don't take vitamins..

I don't take the governments recommendations seriously, especially their food pyramid.

6 to 11 servings of cereal, grain, pasta per day? Who in the hell has time to eat that?

So I don't encourage and/or discourage others from taking vitamins. I might again someday, but suspect if one is eating well in the first place.

Don't need them?

MBTI
    INTP

Holland & Barrett mostly. I take:

Vit D3 (most always low on this),
    Magnesium (sleep and female hormone levels),
    Fish oil (general health),
    Glucosamine (joints),
    a Multi-Vit,
    Ephedra (yeah, yeah), and
    L-Tyrosine (has been shown to even mood during the stress of dieting, life, etc.)

I'm about to add extra Potassium, and Calcium. That's on top of eating lots of vegetables too.

I know little to nothing about what the good brands are.

MBTI
    ENTP

Boots

and somtimes healthfood shops...

I take a fairly high amount of vitimin C and some b vitimins but I have health issues.

You need to be really careful with vitimins, you cna over does and do the opposite, poping lots of calcium can cause damage to bones... ie do the opposite. So don't over do it.

Why do you think you need vitimins? If you diet lacks variety fix that., sleep well and drink clear fliuds...

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by tinkerbell View Post
    Why do you think you need vitimins? If you diet lacks variety fix that., sleep well and drink clear fliuds...
    I lost my supplier of fresh off the farm pastured meat and dairy, otherwise I think my diet is pretty balanced.

MBTI
    ENTP

fair enough, but be careful not to over do them