• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Where do you buy your vitamins and supplements?

Alwar

The Architect
MBTI Type
INTP
I am thinking about taking a few things during the winter and am wondering where others buy their vitamins and supplements from. What are your favorite brands? Any particular brands to avoid? What places have the best deals?

Also, what vitamins or supplements do you take yourself?

Don't act like you don't know Halla. :devil:

Patriot

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Beeyoutiful.com is known for their SuperMom/SuperDad multivitamins that are tailored to females/males (no offspring required. No idea why it's called "Mom/Dad" :huh: ) They are supposed to be really, really good. I've been taking the SuperMom stuff for awhile now and it certainly helps you feel healthier and more energetic. I also get pro-biotics ("Tummy Tuneup") from Beeyoutiful.

"They" say that everyone should be taking vit D these days, at least 1,000 mg/day. I take about 5,000 mg a day and my levels still aren't where they should be. I just get my D at Wal-mart, haha.

If you're thinking of taking vitamins, you can't go wrong with Vit D, Vit C, magnesium, and pro-biotics. (I take all these and more. *ahem* :blush: )

sLiPpY

MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I used to take vitamins, then I got to reading up on them and didn't like the idea of "synthetic" vs. natural source.

Puritans Pride seems to test out well compared to the content/contamination identified in some brands. Nature Made does well, Vitaminne Shoppe is sometimes questionable.

Noticing there are places on the planet where people only have two sources of food. 'Reindeer' and something else can't remember...who live to a ripe age in harsh conditions and many cases. They don't take vitamins..

I don't take the governments recommendations seriously, especially their food pyramid.

6 to 11 servings of cereal, grain, pasta per day? Who in the hell has time to eat that?

So I don't encourage and/or discourage others from taking vitamins. I might again someday, but suspect if one is eating well in the first place.

Don't need them?

Gen

MBTI Type
INTP
Holland & Barrett mostly. I take:

Vit D3 (most always low on this),
Magnesium (sleep and female hormone levels),
Fish oil (general health),
Glucosamine (joints),
a Multi-Vit,
Ephedra (yeah, yeah), and
L-Tyrosine (has been shown to even mood during the stress of dieting, life, etc.)

I'm about to add extra Potassium, and Calcium. That's on top of eating lots of vegetables too.

I know little to nothing about what the good brands are.

tinkerbell

MBTI Type
ENTP
Boots

and somtimes healthfood shops...

I take a fairly high amount of vitimin C and some b vitimins but I have health issues.

You need to be really careful with vitimins, you cna over does and do the opposite, poping lots of calcium can cause damage to bones... ie do the opposite. So don't over do it.

Why do you think you need vitimins? If you diet lacks variety fix that., sleep well and drink clear fliuds...

Alwar

The Architect
MBTI Type
INTP
Why do you think you need vitimins? If you diet lacks variety fix that., sleep well and drink clear fliuds...

I lost my supplier of fresh off the farm pastured meat and dairy, otherwise I think my diet is pretty balanced.

Alwar

The Architect
MBTI Type
INTP
fair enough, but be careful not to over do them :)

Yeah my physician told me when I asked him about vitamins that they are worthless unless you are not getting them in food. Says a lot of people take vitamin D over the winter.

tinkerbell

MBTI Type
ENTP
Yeah my physician told me when I asked him about vitamins that they are worthless unless you are not getting them in food. Says a lot of people take vitamin D over the winter.

Mate, you live in the Midwest... get a grip....LOL

If you want absense of vit D, try living in the UK, it's 80% covered in cloud accoring to CIA website....LOL

It may be mid winter but you have a lot of sunshine, in the UK it's really is miserable at this time of year.

LOL Don't let me put you off, I'm just pretty anti supliments as people don't realise that they have a down side and possible can over dose not many will kill you but some can... Iron tablets can kid children if taking in any quantity...

That said I take Vit C, it's irational, ought not to do me harm but I take a lot of the stuff every day. my diet is pretty good, but until recently I smoked which depelates Vit C absorbtion, hence habit is there.

Anyways do you own thing...

Alwar

The Architect
MBTI Type
INTP
The midwest (Chicagoland specifically) is gray skies much of the winter, it's similar to northern continental Europe. You used to be able to get shit from meat and dairy but they are not processed the same unless you buy fresh off the farm, the animals don't even eat food they evolved to so the resulting product is shit. All I have to do is find another supplier and I'll be fine but it may take awhile.