• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Marijuana

Have you ever used weed?

• Yes

Votes: 36 67.9%
  • No

Votes: 17 32.1%

• Total voters

Kiddo

Furry Critter with Claws
MBTI Type
OMNi
I'm curious what the general opinions on this forum are about this hallucinogen. Not to mention that "Likely to support the legalization of marijuana" has been used in some similiar mind's descriptions of personality types.

Do you think it is addictive?
Do you think it is safer than alcohol, tobacco, and narcotics?
Should it be legalized?
Do you think it serves a legitimate purpose as a medicinal substance?
Do you believe anyone has ever died from marijuana?
What do you believe are the short and long term side effects of its use?
What benefits do you see in its use?
Are the advertising campaigns worth the millions taxpayers spend to keep kids from trying it?
What would you do if you found either your children or someone else's children using it?
Have you ever tried it? If not, do you think you ever will? If you have, was the experience worth breaking the law?
What personality type would be most likely to support the legalization of marijuana?

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
I'm curious what the general opinions on this forum are about this hallucinogen. Not to mention that "Likely to support the legalization of marijuana" has been used in some similiar mind's descriptions of personality types.

Should it be legalized?
Are the advertising campaigns worth the millions taxpayers spend to keep kids from trying it?
What would you do if you found either your children or someone else's children using it?
Have you ever tried it? If not, do you think you ever will? If you have, was the experience worth breaking the law?
What personality type would be most likely to support the legalization of marijuana?

1.no
2.yes
3.yes
4. not sure
5.no
7. no
8. tell them to be careful,and not get caught
9. yes

miss fortune

not to be trusted
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Do you think it is addictive? nope
Do you think it is safer than alcohol, tobacco, and narcotics? I think that any smoked substance is just about as dangerous for you as the next- better for driving than alcohol :blush:
Should it be legalized? yes
Do you think it serves a legitimate purpose as a medicinal substance? yes
Do you believe anyone has ever died from marijuana? not unless it was some sort of drug deal gone bad :D maybe lung cancer... I don't know
What do you believe are the short and long term side effects of its use? same as smoking
What benefits do you see in its use? don't understand the question
Are the advertising campaigns worth the millions taxpayers spend to keep kids from trying it? Hell no! I don't think it should be illegal in the first place!
What would you do if you found either your children or someone else's children using it? I really don't think I would care
Have you ever tried it? If not, do you think you ever will? If you have, was the experience worth breaking the law? I have tried it on more than one occasion- I'm a bigger fan of alcohol personally
What personality type would be most likely to support the legalization of marijuana? someone with a P???

and if you report me to the police or something I'll slit your throat! :D I'm trying to appear to be a good citizen to get a job!

Randomnity

insert random title here
MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I see it as mostly the same as smoking, though less bad for you purely because the quantities smoked are generally quite a bit lower.

I'm probably the only istp, ever, who hasn't tried it. I don't feel the need to, though I have nothing against it. I haven't ruled it out though, maybe sometime when I'm bored I'll try it. The illegality part doesn't bother me obviously.

I think it should be equivalent to tobacco legality-wise.

anii

homo-loving sonovagun
MBTI Type
infp
Enneagram
I think the US govt should stop wasting our tax dollars including it in the "war against drugs." Decriminalize it, already.

I see it as mostly the same as smoking, though less bad for you purely because the quantities smoked are generally quite a bit lower.

Well you could always bake it or mix it in butter.

Falcarius

The Unwieldy Clawed One
MBTI Type
COOL
No very, far less than tobacco.

About the same.

Should it be legalized?

Probably.

No.

Sure.

Short term; smokers can become lazy, paranoid, anxious, panicky and suspicious.

Long term; lung disease and cancer. Can help trigger mental health problems.

It helps people become more like us INTPs. :laugh:

Helps people be more creative, chilled out, and relaxed.

No

Tell them I think they are stupid.

I would not care as long as they did not do it around me.

Have you ever tried it?

No

If not, do you think you ever will?

No

Don't know.

ptgatsby

MBTI Type
ISTP

Chemically,marginally so. THC could be viewed as addictive, however, but most things could be addictive. It is more so than most common items, but less than current legal drugs.

Yes.

Should it be legalized?

Indifferent. I only evaluate it from it's relative position on the schedules - it should not be schedule I drug. I don't believe it should be unregulated, relative to the other drugs out there.

No, not notably. The active ingredients may, but it wouldn't remain "marijuana" if it was a legitimate medical substance.

Yes... since it's illegal and I'm pretty sure somewhere that has had a lethal effect.

Do I think it is dangerous? Marginally so. Certainly less than common less regulated substances.

Long term effects seem to involve a loss of memory and impairment of thinking. Short term seems to involve increases in blood pressure and is a muscle relaxant. (This is from memory, from a long while back)

Minor ones in rare cases where more effective drugs are ineffective. The largest benefit from it comes from the plant for industrial purposes.

I'd rather that be spent on alcohol and tobacco.

Ignore it.

No, and no.

P mostly. I would assume I>E, but I don't know for sure. Within MBTI, I'd assume SP > NP, but I'm not sure about NJ and SJ

Athenian200

Protocol Droid
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
Yes.
No, I think it's just as dangerous as any narcotic.
Should it be legalized?
No. And alcohol and tobacco should be illegal as well.
No. I think that's an excuse they made up to justify their addiction.
No, but I do believe it damaged their brains.
The short term effects involve getting "high," obviously that's why people do it. The long term effects are brain damage, lung damage, financial ruin, and possible jail time.
None, unless you count the fact that it helps "weed" out people who don't think ahead and make bad decisions. :smile:
No. It should just be punished to such an extent that no one is willing to risk it.
If they were my children (and I'm not a parent, so I don't know for certain), I would probably take them down to the police station, and tell the police what they had been doing, having them confiscate the drugs. I would then ask if they could please show them the cells for a second, and tell them that this is where they're going to end up if they keep doing drugs. If they were another person's children, I would tell their parents what they were doing, and hope they acted appropriately. If they didn't, I would probably try to stay out of it if I could.

I haven't tried it, and I never will.

ESFP maybe?

Kiddo

Furry Critter with Claws
MBTI Type
OMNi

I'm curious about why your views are so stringent on this topic. Personally I don't like mind altering substances since I get much better natural highs, but I'm curious as to why you seem to demand such a strict adherence to the standard when it comes to marijuana. Is it because you consider it a lapse of discipline as well as a detriment to safety and security?

Metamorphosis

MBTI Type
INTJ
Isn't it impossible to overdose on marijuana? I have heard that no one has ever died from it, and that it is impossible to do so (directly).

Kiddo

Furry Critter with Claws
MBTI Type
OMNi
Isn't it impossible to overdose on marijuana? I have heard that no one has ever died from it, and that it is impossible to do so (directly).

I don't think there has ever been a case of a marijuana overdose. Any fatalities would have probably been the result of accidents while under the influence. But I would appreciate it if anyone could prove me wrong in that respect.

ptgatsby

MBTI Type
ISTP
I'm curious about why your views are so stringent on this topic. Personally I don't like mind altering substances since I get much better natural highs, but I'm curious as to why you seem to demand such a strict adherence to the standard when it comes to marijuana. Is it because you consider it a lapse of discipline as well as a detriment to safety and security?

Actually, I'm just curious about the basis for your opinion, Athenian200. A lot of the things are medically inaccurate (as bad as narcotics, by definition, would require it to be on par with cocaine and opium)...

Metamorphorsis;

Overdosing on THC would require an incredible amount of the drug. Incredible, as in... incredible. For all intents and purposes, no, you can't OD on THC. It's easier to OD on water.

Athenian200

Protocol Droid
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5

It's mainly because there's no real good (and all sorts of bad) that can come from substance abuse, in my opinion. But safety and security have something to do with it as well, and the fact that it's illegal makes it a matter of respect as well. If it had no impairing/detrimental effects at all, and were still illegal, I would have less of a problem with it, although I still wouldn't use it or encourage it's use.

Do you see some evidence of my Lawful Neutral alignment here? :smile:

miss fortune

not to be trusted
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I do beleive that the professor of a class I took on the psychobiology of drugs said that while theoretically it would be possible to overdose, it would take smoking a 20 foot large joint in order to succeed in overdosing!

Kiddo

Furry Critter with Claws
MBTI Type
OMNi
Do you see some evidence of my Lawful Neutral alignment here? :smile:

*goes and looks it up*

Lawful Neutral
The benefits of organization and regimentation outweigh any moral questions raised by their actions. (Translation: Law and order rule and any action they take to maintain the status quo is justified.)

Edit: I'll classify myself as a "True Neutral"

Varelse

Wait, what?
MBTI Type
INTJ
It's mainly because there's no real good (and all sorts of bad) that can come from substance abuse, in my opinion. But safety and security have something to do with it as well, and the fact that it's illegal makes it a matter of respect as well. If it had no impairing/detrimental effects at all, and were still illegal, I would have less of a problem with it, although I still wouldn't use it or encourage it's use.
There could be considered an effect of cleaning out the gene pool-theoretically. (Beware, chaotic neutral at work.)

Magic Poriferan

^He pronks, too!
MBTI Type
Yin
Enneagram
One
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Should it be legalized?

1: No. It is absolutely not a chemically addictive agent. However, like all things, it can be psychologically addictive.

2: Yes. This is a bit of a difficult, apples and oranges kind of comparison, but yes, I think it is safer than the other drugs.

3: Yes. I'm not a fan of pot use, but I think the anti-marijuana campaigns are an enormous distraction. There are vastly more dangerous(higher priority) drugs on the market, that are more isolated and less common(easier targets). It would make a lot more sense if authorities laid off of weed and went for the real problems.

4: Maybe. I haven't researched that enough.

5: Well, statistically, there must have been someone with some weird disorder that died from it. I think a few more must have died from pot related accidents, but I don't think the numbers are very high.

6: What do we count as side-effects? I can say that the long-term drawbacks certainly include reduced memory span and degenerating focus.

7: None? I don't tend to consider subjective enjoyment a benefit, and like I said, I don't know enough about its medical use.

8: NO. The advertising campaigns are a complete waste of money and I dare say they might actually motivate kids to take pot.

9: First of all, my approach to my own kids would be very different from the other kids. I don't care about the other kid. As for my own... I'd be kind of disappointed. I'd talk to them about why they were doing it. I'd mainly want them to stop just so they could avoid legal trouble, but I'm not exactly sure how I'd go about it.

10: I've never tried it, and I almost surely never will. I do happen to know plenty of people that have or do, Including my parents...

11: I don't know if any type would be more likely to legalize pot.
If anything, there's a good guess that it would be a Perceiver as oppose to a Judge. It would be easier to specify a type that uses marijuana than one that supports it.

Athenian200

Protocol Droid
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
There could be considered an effect of cleaning out the gene pool-theoretically. (Beware, chaotic neutral at work.)

Actually, that was the one benefit I thought of when prompted:

athenian200 said:
None, unless you count the fact that it helps "weed" out people who don't think ahead and make bad decisions. :smile:

That's an interesting way to look at it... just let all the drugs go, let people harm themselves on them, and then the remaining people will think twice about taking them. Clever. My idea was based on protecting them from themselves, but perhaps I'm just being too idealistic about people's ability to be trained into doing what's best for them...

Noel

MBTI Type
INFP
As a preface, I smoke maybe once or twice every two months.

No, but I think you (as in your mind) can make it addictive. Addiction implies a physical dependence on a particular substance. It's no different than ingesting alcohol in order to socialize. Huh. Interesting tidbit: ORIGIN from Latin addicere ‘assign’.

Yes.

Should it be legalized?
Yes.

Yes. I imagine marijuana has done wonders for individuals undergoing chemotherapy or any individuals suffering from long term and life long pain.

I presume you mean just from ingesting or smoking it? If so, then no.

That's a rather subjective question, so I'll just tell you how I experience the side effects:

While high: Inquisitive, bouts of laughter, mundane things seem significant, introspective, blissful, greater appreciation the Arts, relaxed, emotional, my conscious sounds, mute-my current consciousness takes precedence over speaking.

The following days: I'd also have to say that it depends on the quality. As far as my body feels, the bad strains have left me feeling lethargic for a few days, whilst the good strains have left me feeling fine.

If one were to have it everyday? Again, subjective since everyone reacts to different quantities and substances differently. I've seen minds completely mashed and others you wouldn't even of known if they did or not.

Change of perception.
Help patients undergoing chemotherapy by inducing hunger or easing the pain of long term/life long diseases or illnesses.
Greater appreciation for nature and the Arts.

No.

I'd realize that I'm in reality. If I came across either my children or other people, I'd just act as I normally do. No need to make them paranoid or feeling like they have done something absolutely wrong.

If you have, was the experience worth breaking the law?
Laws only apply to me when needed.

On a broad holistic view? I'd say every type.

4: Maybe. I haven't researched that enough.

Try here. I've found it as the most neutral (and best) site regarding drug information.