• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Marijuana

Have you ever used weed?

• Yes

Votes: 36 67.9%
  • No

Votes: 17 32.1%

• Total voters

cascadeco

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I've never tried it, and don't particularly want to. I don't really have a problem with others using it, but I don't think it would be wise in my own case. I had the opportunity a few yrs back where one of my good friends tried it out and tried to convince me to join along, but I just firmly said no.

In college I learned quickly (erm, by quickly, I mean within about 2 yrs ;-) that alcohol was a good 'escape' valve for me, and it eased a lot of my social anxiety...so I think I have the addictive thing in me, which is why I really go into self-control/policing mode when it comes to all of that stuff and ME. Basically I think I could easily become 'addicted' to something like marijuana...I could see myself using it as a crutch to make me happy/mellowed out/dreamlike, when I'd like to be able to reach those emotional places without having to rely on a substance.

GZA

Resident Snot-Nose
MBTI Type
infp
I could see myself using it as a crutch to make me happy/mellowed out/dreamlike, when I'd like to be able to reach those emotional places without having to rely on a substance.
I kind of fear the same thing. I have no problem with it, but I fear that if I started I'd get really into it and use it more than just once in a while, and use it as a way to ease things rather than actually solving them. I'd like to know exactly what people experience while high, how their mind works, and what happens (i.e. what happens to their motivation, what happens to their previous perception?).

Could someone who has used it please kind of explain in greater detail than simply "euphoric" and "laid back" what happens to one's emotions and perceptions of the world, if possible with examples, while high? Could you also include some of the bad things that might have come along with this?

GZA

Resident Snot-Nose
MBTI Type
infp
I could see myself using it as a crutch to make me happy/mellowed out/dreamlike, when I'd like to be able to reach those emotional places without having to rely on a substance.
I kind of fear the same thing. I have no problem with it, but I fear that if I started I'd get really into it and use it more than just once in a while, and use it as a way to ease things rather than actually solving them. I'd like to know exactly what people experience while high, how their mind works, and what happens (i.e. what happens to their motivation, what happens to their previous perception?).

Could someone who has used it please kind of explain in greater detail than simply "euphoric" and "laid back" what happens to one's emotions and perceptions of the world, if possible with examples, while high? Could you also include some of the bad things that might have come along with this?

Kiddo

Furry Critter with Claws
MBTI Type
OMNi

For me, the effects of weed are not too different than those of alcohol. There is a fuzzy edge around my thinking and my inhibitions are significantly lower. The major difference is I see things with greater significance. Colors seemed much more vivid and lights and shadows somehow seem captivating. Yet the overall effect is lost on me. As usual, I'm constantly aware of how muddled my thinking is and can't help but try to adjust. I don't particularly like the feeling of being high anymore than the feeling of being drunk. And for days afterward I feel slower in my thinking and responses.