User Tag List

View Poll Results: Have you ever used weed?

Voters
53. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

36 67.92%
  • No

17 32.08%
First 2345 Last

Thread: Marijuana

MBTI
    yupp

I think my mom doesn't care one way or the other if it's legalized, because she caught me one time. She was like as long as it's not anything dangerous, I don't approve because it's illegal, but their are worse things you can do.

btw I think she's INFJ (not sure though)

MBTI
    ISTx

Never used regularly but I tried it twice. Never got high.

MBTI
    INFJ

I didn't use it. I packed a bowl and smoked it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Enneagram 4w5 social

MBTI
    GONE

I'm so straight edge, I don't even know what 'smoke a bowl' means. Is that a bong? I hate how 'bong' sounds. I can't even think about being a pothead because of the fashion misfit culture associated with it. I do not like tie-dye. Or reggae. Whenever I go to Shattuck or thereabouts in Berkeley I'm like Dear Lord, please never let the rest of the country get like this.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram

it just means to smoke a pipefull. The bowl is where the pot goes, you pack it in there, light, and inhale. If memory serves you can get ten or twelve drags from a bowl before it is, as they say in the colonies, "cashed."
    The one who buggers a fire burns his penis
    -anonymous graffiti in the basilica at Pompeii

MBTI
    infp

Do you think it is addictive? It can be psychologically addictive in some cases, I think.

Do you think it is safer than alcohol, tobacco, and narcotics? Not neccasarily. I think its safer than smokes, because you don't use it as much, and safer than narcotics for sure, but it depend son how much booze you're drinking. If its just people getting drunk on a weekend to have fun, then its not any safer than getting high for the same reason. I think that it probably isn't very good to get high every day to relax, like some people have a beer after work.

Should it be legalized? It could work legalized if it was totally government controlled with restrictions. The way that works is it won't have the crime lords making money off it.

Do you think it serves a legitimate purpose as a medicinal substance? I think it is an effective way for some patients with terminal illnesses cope with stress.

Do you believe anyone has ever died from marijuana? I once heard of a guy who smoked four grams a day and died after a year or so of that, but its a myth for all I know.

What do you believe are the short and long term side effects of its use? There are definitely short term health effects... I've heard a lot of people say they can't think right for many days after smoking it. I once read an article about a famous writer who once smoked fairly regularly but decided he'd have to quite if he was to be a succesful writer. Clearly Jack Kerouac proved that guy wrong

What benefits do you see in its use? I guess it helps some people relax and escape stress, but other than that I don't see any real benefits. Some people say it makes them more creative, but I doubt that...

Are the advertising campaigns worth the millions taxpayers spend to keep kids from trying it? Probably not. Kids who don't want to won't, and those who do will. Its just way to easy to get, and it just doesn't cause big enough problems for kids to seriously want to avoid as if its the plague or a used band-aid.

What would you do if you found either your children or someone else's children using it? If I found someone else's children using it, I wouldn't care. Actually that happens on a regular basis. My friends are other people's children, right? My children? I'd say that as long as they can still do the things they want and need to do it isn't a big problem. I'd probably still hand out some small punishment, just so they know I'm not totally cool with it, but I wouldn't want them to be afraid of me. I'd want to make sure they weren't doing it every day, and that they would try to only smoke on rare occasions and not try other, harder drugs.

Have you ever tried it? If not, do you think you ever will? If you have, was the experience worth breaking the law? I have not tried it. Will I? i don't know. I don't really have a moral issue with it, but I'm also not particularly interested in it. I also find that any stress I ever have can be completely removed by listning to really good music, or playing music. Really greta music can put you in a trance like, high state anyway... Highway 61 by Bob Dylan, A Love Supreme by Bob Dylan, Are you Experienced by Hendrix, for me these all put me in a somewhat mind-altered state at least, and they're all I need for now. I don't think I have any trouble appreciating art, either.

What personality type would be most likely to support the legalization of marijuana? I don't think any type is particularly likely to support it.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6 so/sp

Quote Originally Posted by Ivy View Post
    it just means to smoke a pipefull. The bowl is where the pot goes, you pack it in there, light, and inhale. If memory serves you can get ten or twelve drags from a bowl before it is, as they say in the colonies, "cashed."
    I used to know a guy who insisted, in complete sincerity, that he invented that term.

MBTI
    ISTx

Quote Originally Posted by CzeCze View Post
    I'm so straight edge, I don't even know what 'smoke a bowl' means. Is that a bong? I hate how 'bong' sounds. I can't even think about being a pothead because of the fashion misfit culture associated with it. I do not like tie-dye. Or reggae. Whenever I go to Shattuck or thereabouts in Berkeley I'm like Dear Lord, please never let the rest of the country get like this.
    So straightedge or so sheltered? I'm pretty sure you can find people of any fashion type associated with the drug.

There's no debate that alcohol is leagues ahead of marijuana in the negative aspects.

I've been told that one in eight people use it regularly in America and that one in three have at some point. Some of the biggest potheads I've met are corporate types.

MBTI
    OMNi

Quote Originally Posted by findthejake View Post
    I've been told that one in eight people use it regularly in America and that one in three have at some point. Some of the biggest potheads I've met are corporate types.
    That is interesting. I knew all the business types at my old college loved to use and sell the stuff.

I find it hilarious that this thread's little poll shows that twice as many admit to having tried it as those who never have.