User Tag List

Thread: Popcorn Lung

Enneagram
    1w2

Default Popcorn Lung

I got on the elevator yesterday on the way home and was confronted by the sweet smell of burnt popcorn. At the next stop me and this guy started talking about how much we hate the smell of burnt popcorn, blah blah blah. Then he told me he saw on the news that this guy got lung cancer from eating too much popcorn. Of course I didn't believe him, but now that I look it up, it's true!!

Popcorn lung
    (CBS/AP) Wayne Watson loved microwave popcorn so much he would eat at least two bags each night, breathing in the steam from the just-opened package, until doctors told him it may have made him sick...

Popcorn flavoring contains the chemical diacetyl, which has been linked to lung damage in factory workers testing hundreds of bags of microwave popcorn per day and inhaling its fumes. The chemical is a naturally occurring compound that gives butter its flavor and is also found in cheese and even wine, according to the National Institute of Occupational Safety and Health.

It's been approved by the Food and Drug Administration as a flavor ingredient, but hundreds of workers have sued flavoring makers in recent years for lung damage.
    But what's even better...
    A Missouri Law Firm With A National Role in Popcorn Lung Litigation

Because of our extensive experience helping individuals suffering from popcorn lung disease, our law firm has developed a national reputation as a source of information and advice...

If you have been exposed to Diacetyl and suspect you might have popcorn lung disease, contact an experienced lawyer at the Independence, Missouri, office of Humphrey, Farrington & McClain, P.C. We have the experience and determination to help you obtain justice.

Free initial consultation. Call today
    Relationships have normal ebbs and flows. They do not automatically get better and better when the participants learn more and more about each other. Instead, the participants have to work through the tensions of the relationship (the dialectic) while they learn and group themselves and a parties in a relationships. At times the relationships is very open and sharing. Other time, one or both parties to the relationship need their space, or have other concerns, and the relationship is less open. The theory posits that these cycles occur throughout the life of the relationship as the persons try to balance their needs for privacy and open relationship.
    Interpersonal Communication Theories and Concepts
    Social Penetration Theory 1
    Social Penetration Theory 2
    Social Penetration Theory 3

MBTI
    ENfP
    Enneagram
    8w9 sx/sp

dood.

this has already been talked about
    sparkly sparkly rainbow excretions

Quote Originally Posted by ThatGirl View Post
    holy shit am I a feeler?
    if you like my avatar, it's because i took it myself! : D

Enneagram
    1w2

My "X" isn't working
    Relationships have normal ebbs and flows. They do not automatically get better and better when the participants learn more and more about each other. Instead, the participants have to work through the tensions of the relationship (the dialectic) while they learn and group themselves and a parties in a relationships. At times the relationships is very open and sharing. Other time, one or both parties to the relationship need their space, or have other concerns, and the relationship is less open. The theory posits that these cycles occur throughout the life of the relationship as the persons try to balance their needs for privacy and open relationship.
    Interpersonal Communication Theories and Concepts
    Social Penetration Theory 1
    Social Penetration Theory 2
    Social Penetration Theory 3