User Tag List

First 2345 Last

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    INFp

Quote Originally Posted by cathleen View Post
    Alkaline water ionizers are the best one. You must try this!!!!
    This sounds interesting, will look into this, thanks Cathleen.

Teslashock, if they are old copper pipes it'll get into the water and its different regulations in Australia I'd say.

Mad Hatter, yeah water bottles, bah. I read somewhere it takes more water to make a plastic bottle than to fill it. Plus some companies add fluoride to bottle water too which is a shame, sometimes even more than is recommended.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    8w9

Our fridge has a filter for the water/ice but our tap water is well water. It's very good.
    I like to rock n' roll all night and *part* of every day. I usually have errands... I can only rock from like 1-3.

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    7w8 sx/so
    Socionics
    SLE

Quote Originally Posted by Synapse View Post
    This sounds interesting, will look into this, thanks Cathleen.
    Don't look too fast, there are alot of sites out there indicating that "alkaline water ionizers" are a scam. Believe it.

"Ionized" and alkaline water: snake oil on tap

Reverse Osmosis at filtration at $200 is very inexpensive. Think about it this way, you use it EVERY DAY.

$200/365 days per year = 55 Cents Per Day!!! It pays for itself in the first year if you get relief from any health related issues you are actually experiencing as a result of sensisitivity to your municipal water.

Reverse osmosis filters have been around a loooooong time. Hardcore aquarist with reef tanks that cost tens of thousands of dollars use reverse osmosis filters. They do not use alkaline water ionizers. Be careful, stick with the tried and true methods in this world. There are a lot of douchebags out there.
    --------------------
    Type Stats:
    MBTI -> (E) 77.14% | (i) 22.86% ; (S) 60% | (n) 40% ; (T) 72.22% | (f) 27.78% ; (P) 51.43% | (j) 48.57%
    BIG 5 -> Extroversion 77% ; Accommodation 60% ; Orderliness 62% ; Emotional Stability 64% ; Open Mindedness 74%

Quotes:
    "If somebody asks your MBTI type on a first date, run". -Donna Cecilia
    "Enneagram is psychological underpinnings. Cognitive Functions are mental reasoning and perceptional processes. -Sanjuro

Tempbanned
    Enneagram
    8w9

The short answer is no.

I drink tap water. My immune system could take over Fiji

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6
    Socionics
    ENFp

I don't filter but I have yummy lake water.. which is scary in it's own way.

I do know that I've been places where the water doesn't taste very good. There are also lots of people around this area that filter their water. I'm just too lazy.

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    7w8 sx/so
    Socionics
    SLE

Quote Originally Posted by DiscoBiscuit View Post
    The short answer is no.

I drink tap water. My immune system could take over Fiji
    I drink a test tube full of Ebola virus every morning, just to keep my immune system on the ready.
    --------------------
    Type Stats:
    MBTI -> (E) 77.14% | (i) 22.86% ; (S) 60% | (n) 40% ; (T) 72.22% | (f) 27.78% ; (P) 51.43% | (j) 48.57%
    BIG 5 -> Extroversion 77% ; Accommodation 60% ; Orderliness 62% ; Emotional Stability 64% ; Open Mindedness 74%

Quotes:
    "Enneagram is psychological underpinnings. Cognitive Functions are mental reasoning and perceptional processes. -Sanjuro

Tempbanned
    Enneagram
    8w9

Quote Originally Posted by Halla74 View Post
    I drink a test tube full of Ebola virus every morning, just to keep my immune system on the ready.
    Damnit Halla now I have to go find something more dangerous than Ebola to drink.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    9w1
    Socionics
    INFj None

I like the taste and smell of chlorine, but I really don't drink a lot of water. We drink tea brewed from tap water and I cook with tap water. We buy bottled water because our daughter likes the way it tastes and it's cheaper and way better for her than soda, etc. Totally worth under $4 every two weeks for a case.
    “There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old’s life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.”
    ~ John Rogers

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    7w8 sx/so
    Socionics
    SLE

Quote Originally Posted by DiscoBiscuit View Post
    Damnit Halla now I have to go find something more dangerous than Ebola to drink.
    Just go to the CDC lab in Atlanta. I'm sure they have a prototype room with some really bad shit in it. Or better yet, got to the U.S. Army Medical Command in San Antonio, Texas. They probably have super-duper-diarhhea-flu-that-makes-you-bleed-out-of-your-face-kill-your-chickenbag-virus.
    --------------------
    Type Stats:

Quotes:

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    3w4?

Normally I wouldn't, however the chlorine count int he water here is insane. It's like drinking pool water, except with about 3X the chlorine in it -_-

So I gots a water cooler and put a filter into it so I can keep a few cups filtered at a time for cooking with.