• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Sleeping issue. Is it Insomnia?

R

Riva

It's 12.35 and I am still awake.
I went to sleep at 10.30 so that I could get up at 4 and do yoga. :)cool: I know)

I have calculated my sleep cycle. Which is actually 5hrs and 30mins (max).
But today I am finding it hard to sleep, infact I tried to for the last 1 1/2, couldn't so I came here. :(

Anyway,
Is it insomnia or all the sugar I ate at around 8?

R

Riva

Yeah, this thread ain't going no where.

Anyway, it should be noted that (for those who knows about insomnia) my sleeping capacity has gone down during the last few months.

Spamtar

Ghost Monkey Soul
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Yeah I hate insomnia.

Excercise/Melatonin/Avoid caffine/eat right helps a bit.

R

Riva

Maybe it's all the sugar i ate today.

I mean i ate like 5 huge pieces.

And ate some indian sweets. (bloody indians) ;)

So it could be the energy inside me.

Spamtar

Ghost Monkey Soul
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
I got this special smoke that does wonders but I don't think it is a good recomendation to you. Might turn you into a hippy. ;)

tinkerbell

MBTI Type
ENTP
learnign to clear your mind is good (NT's often report insomnia... crowded head)....

Clearnign your mind, tunring off techn equipment about an hour before you sleep (ie TV is probably OK but not in bed, but computer needs to be off and in another room).

set a routine, ideally with a relaxing bath in the evening.

Bananas are suppose to be sleep inducing
Tea/Coffee even decafe are bad... dont' drink fruti juice either. Alcohaul is appauling, it destroys sleep quality.

If it persists, consult an accupuncturist - its one of those things that accupuncture is likey to be increadibly effective for.

Sorry you are not having an easy time, lack of sleep is hell

R

Riva

I got this special smoke that does wonders but I don't think it is a good recomendation to you. Might turn you into a hippy. ;)

Ganja makes my head go dizzy. And time goes too fast.

*notices the energy i mentioned earlier going down my body, to the between of my legs* :devil:

R

Riva

learnign to clear your mind is good (NT's often report insomnia... crowded head)....

Clearnign your mind, tunring off techn equipment about an hour before you sleep (ie TV is probably OK but not in bed, but computer needs to be off and in another room).

set a routine, ideally with a relaxing bath in the evening.

Bananas are suppose to be sleep inducing
Tea/Coffee even decafe are bad... dont' drink fruti juice either. Alcohaul is appauling, it destroys sleep quality.

If it persists, consult an accupuncturist - its one of those things that accupuncture is likey to be increadibly effective for.

Sorry you are not having an easy time, lack of sleep is hell

bold - which is quite the issue. the mind thinks it should sleep but the body thinks it should not.

I do drink a lot of tea.

But the last thing i want are some needles up my ass to put me to sleep.;)
ps - there are no accupuncturists here :( that are famous.

tinkerbell

MBTI Type
ENTP
bold - which is quite the issue. the mind thinks it should sleep but the body thinks it should not.

I do drink a lot of tea.

But the last thing i want are some needles up my ass to put me to sleep.;)
ps - there are no accupuncturists here :( that are famous.

try Saps hypnosis, or a non famous accupuncturist.

Trust me the needles dont' hurt and it has an amazing impact on you....

Try clearnign your mind, it's the key to good sleep.

Another way is to start at one end of the body and work you way up/down clenching and relaxing muscle groups... reallly does work at making you feel sleepy

R

Riva

try Saps hypnosis, or a non famous accupuncturist.

Trust me the needles dont' hurt and it has an amazing impact on you....

Try clearnign your mind, it's the key to good sleep.

Another way is to start at one end of the body and work you way up/down clenching and relaxing muscle groups... reallly does work at making you feel sleepy

true. :)
it should be noted that i practice yoga every morning and also vipassana (a type of meditation) throughout the day.

maybe, it's because i am relaxed a bit more a lot more than i used to be that my sleep requirement has gone down.

meaning - the more tired you are the sleepier you would feel and vise versa.

^

It could be my EGO speaking. :doh:
so try not to applaud my assumptions till i come to a correct conclusion.

tinkerbell

MBTI Type
ENTP
yoga is calming, but it doesn't nessesarily equat to clearing your mind an hour or two before going to bed.... try closing down thinking about your day and think of nicer things....

R

Riva

yoga is calming, but it doesn't nessesarily equat to clearing your mind an hour or two before going to bed.... try closing down thinking about your day and think of nicer things....

Yeah, I could do that. :whistling:

:) works better sometimes.

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
Dude, you need some melatonin. Pronto. I think you definitely have insomnia if you average less than 6 hours per night of sleep. Aside from doing that on rare occasions when you have to, that isn't healthy or normal.

avolkiteshvara

MBTI Type
YaYa
pretty much anything you take at night will keep you drowsy in the morning.

Lift weights. Helps regulate circadian rhythms.

R

Riva

Shhhh!

I think hes sleeping

:yim_rolling_on_the_

tip toe.... smirk on face

:laugh:

Take some benedryl?

*Checks Wikipedia*:D

Dude, you need some melatonin. Pronto. I think you definitely have insomnia if you average less than 6 hours per night of sleep. Aside from doing that on rare occasions when you have to, that isn't healthy or normal.

:C
But the good news is the next day I slept for 8 hours. Meaning the 3 hours I missed + the 5.30 hours I usually sleep. :D

pretty much anything you take at night will keep you drowsy in the morning.

Lift weights. Helps regulate circadian rhythms.

Thanks guys, thank you so much for the replies.
I think it was all those cakes I ate that day.
Kept me awake till 3 a.m.
Got late to go to work. Good thing I know how to make things sound big, because they actually (my immediate boss) advised me to have a little nap before starting to work again. :doh:
Anyway like I said before I managed to sleep 8 hours the next day. :D

But on that particular day I couldn't sleep I used -

"the old boys hostel method."

or "the Prison boys method"

or "the army barracks method"

Get the picture anyone?:devil: