• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

hypontherapy

tinkerbell

MBTI Type
ENTP
Anyone tried it...

I'm of the fags but need to get off the sugar, Nicotine SO much easier to quit from...

I've taken to Pralines and cream Haagen dazs

So getting hypnotised in order to get me off sugar/confectionary...

Anyone tried it, what can I expect?

Never been under before

Lis

Spamtar

Ghost Monkey Soul
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Studied some self hypno, never went to a real hypnotist. Think NLP (a cousin of hypnosis) associating negative anchors to those items you want to avoid and positive anchors to good stuff (i.e. fruits and vegs) would be better.

tinkerbell

MBTI Type
ENTP
Studied some self hypno, never went to a real hypnotist. Think NLP (a cousin of hypnosis) associating negative anchors to those items you want to avoid and positive anchors to good stuff (i.e. fruits and vegs) would be better.

cheers, I'm going on Wednesday, I think he is more an NLP-ist rather than a full blown hypnotherapist, but I wont find that out for sure until Wednesday.

Thanks, I'm atiny bit anxious about doing somethign weird...

But chocolate nad ice cream aren't negative... I've been a chocoalate addict since I was teeny tiny...

Litvyak

No Cigar
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Did you check if you're able to be hypnotised? 25% of people aren't.

Spamtar

Ghost Monkey Soul
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Here is a bit of a sample account on what to typically expect:

" The first couple visits were spent with him hypnotizing me to find out what the cause of my sleeplessness was. Well, of course, at first he had to see if I was susceptible to hypnosis because some people aren't. I was. Now it's been a while since I've been hypnotized, but I'll try to remember how it goes as best I can.

It starts with breathing, deep breaths in and out. Then you visualize/feel all the tension leaving from each part of your body, starting with your toes, working up to your head. Once you are totally relaxed, the counting begins. You sink deeper and deeper into yourself until the hypnotist reaches 10. Now I can't recall if I was encouraged to visualize or if I just naturally did because of my experience with meditation. But I would picture myself walking further and further into this forest. When the hypnotist reached 10, I would be at this house in a pool overlooking the ocean. (I'm a Cancer, I'm water obsessed). A lot of times my childhood cat Snuggle who died when I was 19 would be there, sitting by the pool hanging out with me. This was the safe place where my conscious mind would go while I was under hypnosis. I could hear my psychologist talking to me and feel myself responding to him, but mostly I was just chilling with my dead cat by the pool. I know. I'm a freak. Whatever.

Anyway, I remember that he would ask me to lift one arm and then the other and how weird it felt. And then he would ask me about memories of nights I couldn't sleep. I was not at all surprised when the first memories he uncovered as causes of my insomnia had to do with my abusive relationship. Then the next memory was of that night before 8th grade when my best friend moved away. Again, not so surprising. The shock came when I remembered the night before I started 3rd grade, right when we moved to Oak Park. Apparently I was unable to sleep a lot back then too largely because I feared I was going to be alone and friendless. Apparently the root of my sleep problems go all the way back then! It was weird because I barely remembered what my bedroom looked like at our first house in Oak Park, but I saw it crystal clear under hypnosis.

So once we got to the root of the problem, my psychologist taught me how to do self-hypnosis, in the hopes that I could teach myself to fall asleep in a hypnotized state. Self-hypnosis was basically the same as the hypnosis he did: the breathing, the relaxing of the body, the counting and walking through the forest to the pool...

And it worked quite well. Using self-hypnosis I was able to cut down my Ambien usage from an insane 30 mg/night to 5 mg/night. And honestly, if I hadn't been in a stressful life situation at that time (I was dating an alcoholic, it was not good), I bet could have cut the Ambien out completely."

Consider practicing before the more you know how it works/the processes you will be going throough, the better liklihood it will work for you.

tinkerbell

MBTI Type
ENTP
cool,

Feeling the need to say, my chocolate addiction isn't as bad as this ladies issues....

it's jsut so yum... the trouble is I cant remember a time in my life when I wasn't a sugar addict....

Hmmm well I'll keep an open mind, if it doesn't work I'll try accupuncture instead.

Thanks for this guys

tinkerbell

MBTI Type
ENTP
Hi guys

Had the hypnotherapy, going back next Saturday....

It was good I didn't have any issues being hypnotised... which suprised me because I'd had a pig of a day at work.

The guys doing the treatment highened my seses which resulted in two bad nights sleep in a row because I could hear birds singing during the night.... Also amazed at how bad the smell of the train ride to work was... LOL

All in all I'd say it wasn't bad... but I've kind of had an inkling of the challenge I face for the rest of the week in avoiding sugary substances.... Sugar is everywhere...

Thank you for chipping in last week, was getting nervous of it