• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

How often do you shower?

On average, how often do you shower?

• Twice or more daily

Votes: 11 5.6%
  • Daily

Votes: 103 52.3%
  • 5 to 6 times a week

Votes: 31 15.7%
  • 3 to 4 times a week

Votes: 29 14.7%
  • 2 to 3 times a week

Votes: 14 7.1%
  • 1 to 2 times a week

Votes: 7 3.6%
  • 2 to 3 times a month

Votes: 1 0.5%
  • Less than once a month

Votes: 1 0.5%

• Total voters

ayoitsStepho

Twerking & Lurking
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
I shower about every other day. I know when I need to clean myself, its like a spidey sense. ;)
If you brush your hair properly then you don't need to wash it every day. Its really unhealthy. If you brush the oils from the top of your head to the tips of your hair you'll be fine. Because I have curly thick hair that gets dry easily, I wash my hair twice a week and condition it just the same.

Its always nice to put on some nice lotion after a shower as well. :wubbie:

Domino

ENFJ In Chains
MBTI Type
eNFJ
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
What sorts of mold and fungus?

Tiltyred

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I wash my hair and wash myself with a washcloth head to toe every morning. Twice a day sometimes in the summer. Being clean feels so luxurious! And yeah, I love to be in the water.

Magic Poriferan

^He pronks, too!
MBTI Type
Yin
Enneagram
One
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
The amount of money you save with not bathing is compensated by the electricity spent during the composition of interesting [ETA] comments about water conservation.

I wonder how you calculated this.

demimondaine

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
wow, i didn't realize so many people showered twice daily. i shower about 3 times a week, might do a little cat bath in between. i used to shower daily, but it was drying my skin and hair. i'm often complimented on my smell, so i guess i'm not doing anything wrong.

Gish

Which side are you on?
MBTI Type
PTSD
I too subscribe to the "Wow, it's time!" system that Argus uses. I'm also surprised that so many of you shower so much.

Cenomite

Systematic chaos
MBTI Type
ENTP
I absolutely can't leave the house without showering first; I've done that maybe once in 3 years.

ceecee

Coolatta® Enjoyer
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
8w9
In the morning before work always. If I am staying home and cleaning and/or working out, I shower when that's all done. If I have been doing something physical after work (which is most of the time), I'll take one before bed too. I try to not wash my hair more than once a day. My skin and hair are so dry and I use a ton of moisturizer.

BlueScreen

Fail 2.0
MBTI Type
YMCA
Once a day.

And before I go out to parties/drinking (hate dressing up or putting on clean clothes while dirty).

And after sports also, obviously :).

BlackCat

Shaman
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I try to every day, but some days I don't really do anything and don't take one. I have expensive shampoo for my skin condition, and yeah. So I put 5 or 6 times a week.

Nonsensical

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
I try to every day, but some days I don't really do anything and don't take one. I have expensive shampoo for my skin condition, and yeah. So I put 5 or 6 times a week.

Once, I had a black cat and we only showered him 5-6 times throughout his whole life. Yeah.

HollyGolightly

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
1w2
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I have a shower every day. I don't feel clean if I just have a quick wash.

SillySapienne

`~~Philosoflying~~`
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5
I use the "Wow! It's time" system which is every couple days or so. I usually don't go more than three days without showering, but it happens.
When I do shower I use this big super scratchy cloth that power-scrubs everything thing away. Washing with just soap makes it just lay on the top layer of dead skin.
I wash my hair with shampoo and conditioner once a week or so.
:wub:

I oscillate between being hyrdophobic to hydrophilic, so the frequency of my showering really depends.

I prefer baths to showers.

I am a closet hippie.

And I oftentimes don't mind my natural scent.

I wash my hands like an OCD person on steroids, though.

SillySapienne

`~~Philosoflying~~`
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5
Oh, and my new avatar is of me freshly out of the bathtub...

Feelin' so fresh and so clean, clean!!!

:D

Fluffywolf

Nips away your dignity
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Before I go to work, which is usually just about everyday.

On free days I sometimes do skip a day. I also sometimes shower for an hour or two straight on a free day. It varies.

demimondaine

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
the past few weeks, i was showering twice a week, less than my usual 3-4 times. i mean, i sort of "cat bath" in between, but no full showers or baths. swear to god i'm not gross, you're all just compulsive!

anyone still want to talk to me? ;)

SillySapienne

`~~Philosoflying~~`
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5
As an experiment, I've gone 3.5 weeks without showering.

:ninja:

It's interesting what happens to your hair. :newwink:

Fluffywolf

Nips away your dignity
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
As an experiment, I've gone 3.5 weeks without showering.

:ninja:

It's interesting what happens to your hair. :newwink:

You're taking baths instead?

Seriously though, I've read that if you wash only with water, your body will accustom to it in a month or two and you'll be able to clean yourself and your hair without it feeling greasy anymore. Nor being smelly.

Two months in order for it to become fluffy soft again. Makes you wonder what is really in shampoo. :D

demimondaine

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
^ this is true speak, or at least my experience washing my hair with baking soda this summer. it's about 2 weeks of grossness while you adjust, but i had the best hair of my life once i weaned myself from shampoo. i mean BEST. why did i go back???

SillySapienne

`~~Philosoflying~~`
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5
Yeah, your hair de-oils itself, it's really fuckin' weird.

It does dread, though.

Even straight hair like mine!

:cheers: