• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

How often do you shower?

On average, how often do you shower?

• Twice or more daily

Votes: 11 5.6%
  • Daily

Votes: 103 52.3%
  • 5 to 6 times a week

Votes: 31 15.7%
  • 3 to 4 times a week

Votes: 29 14.7%
  • 2 to 3 times a week

Votes: 14 7.1%
  • 1 to 2 times a week

Votes: 7 3.6%
  • 2 to 3 times a month

Votes: 1 0.5%
  • Less than once a month

Votes: 1 0.5%

• Total voters

Oaky

Travelling mind
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Once or twice a day.

Ben Dover

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Everyday, after school usually. I'm too lazy to wake up early to shower before school, and showering before sleep just seems pointless.

Halla74

Artisan Conquerer
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
1-2X daily.

Upon rising, and defintiely after a workout or after manual labor.

kyuuei

Emperor/Dictator
MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
Everyday, after school usually. I'm too lazy to wake up early to shower before school, and showering before sleep just seems pointless.

I thought the entire point was that you didn't crawl into your bed sheets with the dirt you collected throughout the day since the sheets aren't changed nearly as often as clothing is?

Feops

MBTI Type
INTx
Usually once every morning before work.

If I get sweaty for whatever reason I take another.

Argus

MBTI Type
ENTP
I use the "Wow! It's time" system which is every couple days or so. I usually don't go more than three days without showering, but it happens.
When I do shower I use this big super scratchy cloth that power-scrubs everything thing away. Washing with just soap makes it just lay on the top layer of dead skin.
I wash my hair with shampoo and conditioner once a week or so.

P

Phantonym

Hmm. There should have been an option "Never" for people who only take baths. :D

I shower often.

Argus

MBTI Type
ENTP
Human smell is human smell. Offensive smell is rotting body oils skin flakes and dirt. Much like rotting food left out. There was a dramatic drop in disease and death rates when frequent bathing became the norm brought about by indoor plumbing. There was also a drop in disease and death rates when the romans instituted closed sewage passages instead of open trenches to transport sewage away.

However, there are some benefits to generating antibodies by exposing yourself to common bacteria. This enables being able to consume items or be in environments where a non-acclimated person would suffer. But geez. Some people turn showering into some sort of religion. Get dirty and disgusting all you want. Just don't go crazy there either.

In general, keep clean.
But I think a lot of people shower too much and just waste time and water. Besides, the more frequent you shower, the faster you start to smell.

Nonsensical

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
I take a shower in the morning, but don't always wash my hair. It's a good way to wake up, I guess.

I take my actual shower in the evening before I go to bed to clean.

But in the summer, I'll shower maybe three times a week. But I guess I won't be able to live that lifestyle anymore, because I've got this thing called a job now, and have to worry about these things called responsibilities.

Haphazard

Don't Judge Me!
MBTI Type
ENFJ
Every other day.

I have a skin condition, showering too much and stripping all the oils off of my skin every day aggravates it.

At camp, I showered twice in three weeks. It wasn't so bad after the first couple days.

Ben Dover

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
5w6
I thought the entire point was that you didn't crawl into your bed sheets with the dirt you collected throughout the day since the sheets aren't changed nearly as often as clothing is?

Touche. I never really thought about that. It actually makes a lot of sense.

I shower more out of habit than to keep clean though :huh:

Xenon

(blankpages)
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
About every other day (3-4 times a week). It seems most people I know either shower every day or don't want to admit to showering less, but every other day has always worked out fine for me.

Curious1

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
6w5
However, there are some benefits to generating antibodies by exposing yourself to common bacteria. This enables being able to consume items or be in environments where a non-acclimated person would suffer.

I've read of this in Phillip Kellar's book Taming Tension, good book!

kyuuei

Emperor/Dictator
MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
I probably wouldn't shower daily if I didn't like showers so much. I agree it's less a clean thing and more of a I just love playing in the water thing. :laugh:

Halla74

Artisan Conquerer
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Showers are awesome.

I have a lower back injury.

I could spend an hour in the shower with 400 degree F water pouring over my back.

I'm convinced it's almost as good as Demerol.

Besides being a compulsive neat freak borderline hypochondriac pseudo narcissist, showering is useful before "getting busy."

That is all. :coffee: