User Tag List

View Poll Results: On average, how often do you shower?

Voters
203. You may not vote on this poll
  • Twice or more daily

11 5.42%
  • Daily

107 52.71%
  • 5 to 6 times a week

32 15.76%
  • 3 to 4 times a week

30 14.78%
  • 2 to 3 times a week

14 6.90%
  • 1 to 2 times a week

7 3.45%
  • 2 to 3 times a month

1 0.49%
  • Less than once a month

1 0.49%
First 910111213 Last

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    ?
    Socionics
    ?

Every other day. Unless I feel nasty so sometimes every day.

Dali

I shower two - three times a day. If I'm having a lie-in and dont intend to leave home the entire day, then it might be one time a day.

My flatmate has this relative that barely showers. He drops by our place a lot and will use our shower every so often. The stench that permeates the entire bathroom right after he uses it is just indescribable. I generally avoid all contact with him (handshakes, accidental brushes... etc) but I once gritted my teeth and touched his shoulder while apologising after I had accidentally slighted him (long story. Unrelated to his grooming habits) and my palm had a film of oil on it when it came away. His gunk had permeated his clothes and was now coating them.

Good thing I'm leaving the country Thursday.

MBTI
    INxj
    Enneagram
    4w5

Quote Originally Posted by Magic Poriferan View Post
    Showering tends to feel like a huge waste of time.
    Yes, I can relate to that. Often I get too caught up in what I am doing and forget about showering (same goes with eating).

As a kid I was quite hydrophobic, I would often let the shower run and pretend I was in, I would just enjoy the steam of the running water.

As a teenager there was a point where I showered about once a month or less, as I used to live in a separate room from the main flat where my mother and sisters lived and I didn't have a very good shower. My mother hated it and called me a stinking hobo.
    However, when I lived at my father's place I showered nearly twice a day, because there was a bathroom adjoining to my room with really strong pressure on the running water and easy to control temperature.

I can usually feel when I am dirty, sometimes it is after a few days of living without shower, sometimes a few hours.
    My bathroom is at the other end of the house, and the water has quite low pressure and the temperature is bad, so I am not very motivated to do it.
    I think I have too much luxury tastes, but an efficient shower would motivate me so much more to do it everyday.
    NiFiTeSe
    4w5 so/sp
    I 77% E 23%
    N 85% S 15%
    T 51% F 49%
    J 60% P 40%
    average of many test results combined

sammy

Quote Originally Posted by Lohengrin View Post
    His gunk had permeated his clothes and was now coating them.

Good thing I'm leaving the country Thursday.
    Ugh, wow. What's the reason for why he doesn't shower more often and he does it while visiting your flatmate?

I shower daily almost always. The only time I won't is if I pulled an all-nighter and I'm still running around the house from the day before. I try not to leave my home without a shower, but it's happened from time to time (in the winter). Summertime = sometimes more than one shower, depending on if I did yardwork all day.

I enjoy long hot showers because it's the best thinking time. Ideas just pop into my head so fast there!

Dali

Quote Originally Posted by Aramis View Post
    Ugh, wow. What's the reason for why he doesn't shower more often and he does it while visiting your flatmate?
    I have no idea. I heard his relative broaching the topic of his grooming habits with him once so I'm glad I didn't have to. He uses our shower once a fortnight which, I imagine, is the only time he showers. This place is hot and humid and it is almost imperative that one showers at least twice daily. The majority of the population actually does. But not him.

Let me count the ways Betty Blue's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7W6 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEE

I don't have a shower, wish i did, it's on the to do list. I have a bath and i'm going to be completely honest and admit to poor hygene. I have a bath only once or twice a week. Although i do wash daily, most days. If it's summer then i bath/wash much more frequently but in this weather i really just can't be bothered.
    "We knew he was someone who had a tragic flaw, that's where his greatness came from"

Oberon

Quote Originally Posted by GemPOPGem View Post
    I don't have a shower, wish i did, it's on the to do list. I have a bath and i'm going to be completely honest and admit to poor hygene. I have a bath only once or twice a week. Although i do wash daily, most days. If it's summer then i bath/wash much more frequently but in this weather i really just can't be bothered.
    You just like to scent-mark your man.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    9w1

Probably about 27 days per month.

Some days I stay in and have no human contact at all; those days I don't bother.
    "If you would convince a man that he does wrong, do right. But do not care to convince him. Men will believe what they see. Let them see."
    Thoreau

Let me count the ways Betty Blue's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7W6 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEE

Quote Originally Posted by oberon View Post
    You just like to scent-mark your man.
    I generally spray for that
    "We knew he was someone who had a tragic flaw, that's where his greatness came from"

L'anima non dimora Donna Cecilia's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    1w9
    Socionics
    LII

Daily. Before going to sleep.

During Summer, whenever I feel the need to. Six times in a day is my record so far.

"An intelligent hell would be better than a stupid paradise."
    Victor Hugo

LII/INTj (Analyst) - 1w9 Sp/Sx - RC|O|EI - Melancholy/Choleric