• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

No appetite, any ideas how to get it back?

Curious1

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
6w5
I'm thinking it's the time change, but I feel blah all of a sudden now for about a week and have no appetite. I could literally sleep all day and eat nothing and be content right now :eek:) Any ideas? Oh, and thanks in advance!

Feops

MBTI Type
INTx
I can sometimes get into this state, where I don't really care about food. Absolute worst case scenario is if I'm inactive and occasionally sipping coffee and snacking, which is pretty easy given I work in an office.

Solutions:
1. Exercise.
2. Change what you DO eat.
3. Don't snack.

Exercise is the easiest route if you have the energy for it. Even a long walk will do. Anything to kick the input-output machine back into motion. Changing from junk snacks to good snacks will also help, as the good snacks will tend to be less calorie dense and will energize you. Or you could just skip a meal and really whet the apetite for the next one.

Halla74

Artisan Conquerer
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Go to an all you can eat buffet and pig out.
Face conflict head on.
Go for it! :cheese:

poppy

triple nerd score
MBTI Type
intj
Enneagram
Smoke the devil's herb! ;)

Feops' advice is pretty solid (not so sure about Halla's :D).

Curious1

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
6w5
I can sometimes get into this state, where I don't really care about food. Absolute worst case scenario is if I'm inactive and occasionally sipping coffee and snacking, which is pretty easy given I work in an office.

Solutions:
1. Exercise.
2. Change what you DO eat.
3. Don't snack.

Exercise is the easiest route if you have the energy for it. Even a long walk will do. Anything to kick the input-output machine back into motion. Changing from junk snacks to good snacks will also help, as the good snacks will tend to be less calorie dense and will energize you. Or you could just skip a meal and really whet the apetite for the next one.

Thank you so much! This is probably exactly what I need and will do it!

Hmm, not so much into the herb. Back in the day yes but I'm the paranoid anxious type so it's not good for me, thanks anyhow though! Now, the buffet idea sounds really good :smile:

OrangeAppled

Sugar Hiccup
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I agree with exercise. Moving tends to work up an appetite, and exercise lifts your mood and increases your energy. If you're just sleeping a lot, then you don't need to eat much....

Oh, and if you drink coffee, then cutting back may be good. For me, it tends to curve my appetite. I drink it and then don't feel like eating something. Drinking more water and less drinks with calories may be good in general.

Argus

MBTI Type
ENTP
Weed. Seriously. It's called the munchies, but given the opportunity it will be a 5 course meal.
You'll never see an anorexic that smokes cannabis.

I'm excited for Thanksgiving.
It also relieves social anxiety.

Curious1

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
6w5
Wow, sounds like weed would solve a lot of my problems :biggrin:

Synarch

Once Was
MBTI Type
ENTP
I'm thinking it's the time change, but I feel blah all of a sudden now for about a week and have no appetite. I could literally sleep all day and eat nothing and be content right now :eek:) Any ideas? Oh, and thanks in advance!

You can never be too rich or too skinny.

TickTock

Mud and rain and chaos...
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w3
Try drinking or eating sours and citrus. They activate your taste buds aka an apéritif. Start on small things, eat little amounts often.

Lexicon

Temporal Mechanic
Staff member
MBTI Type
JINX
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Become more active in general; push yourself to do so.
Start the day off with some sort of breakfast, even if you're not hungry. You're killing your metabolism simply not eating, and it just has a snowball effect that wreaks havoc on your weight, moods, sleep schedule, everything.
I also suggest taking one of those one a day multivitamins at breakfast too.

Nonsensical

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
LOL, seems like we all have the same advice.

The weed really will work. It's amazing. You'll be completely set before you smoke, but almost right after you're gonna wanna pig out. And it's SO DELICIOUS.

:party2:

Curious1

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
6w5
LOL OneWithSoul, but I think I'm gonna stick with Lexicon and the other's advice and just make myself eat and exercise. I can't remember the last time I ate within 4 hours of getting up in the morning, months ago or maybe longer. Tomorrow morning, look out, I'm makin' breakfast!! :static:

Nonsensical

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
LOL OneWithSoul, but I think I'm gonna stick with Lexicon and the other's advice and just make myself eat and exercise. I can't remember the last time I ate within 4 hours of getting up in the morning, months ago or maybe longer. Tomorrow morning, look out, I'm makin' breakfast!! :static:

Good, my advice was shit. It's not going to help you any. It'll just make it seem like it's helping, basically.