• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

I'm Pretty Sure I have Swine Flu

Nonsensical

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
80% sure.

Yesterday: Sore muscles, fatigued. Late in day: soar throat (onsets of a fever).

Last Night: Didn't sleep much. Cold spells. Diarrhea once (don't laugh :( ), soar throat, faint head ache.

This morning before I go to school: Head ache, soar throat is almost gone, wasn't hungry for breakfast, jittery/cold.

BRING IT, SWINE FLU.

Lux

Kraken down on piracy
My son and husband had it (confirmed by nasal swab) and they breezed through it. Bed rest and liquids. They were sick for a little less than a week. My son did get Tamiflu but my husband didn't.

I hope you feel better!

Oaky

Travelling mind
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Meh.. swine flu's not a big deal.... yet....

Aerithria

Senior Thread Terminator
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w4
What makes you so sure you have H1N1 instead of the seasonal flu?

Night

Boring old fossil
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5/8
Either way, see a doctor.

Early detection is key to controlling the virus.

Shimmy

MBTI Type
SEXY
What makes you so sure you have H1N1 instead of the seasonal flu?

The fact that there is no seasonal flu outbreak at the moment? Seasonal flu always comes in waves, if nobody else has it, it is very unlikely that you have it as well.

Of course this is not actual proving anything.

I may have had swine flu as well. After I got back from holiday I was ill for about a week, not horribly ill, but still worse then usually. My girlfriend did get pretty ill though.

Oaky

Travelling mind
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
The fact that there is no seasonal flu outbreak at the moment? Seasonal flu always comes in waves, if nobody else has it, it is very unlikely that you have it as well.
It's more unlikely that someone would have swine flu though.

Moiety

MBTI Type
ISFJ
You give off a bit of a hypochondriac vibe OWS. Just see a doctor.

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
yaya, it's all fun and games till someone breaks a leg :D

( I was looking for an opportunity to write that spelling for a long time :D )

Laurie

Was E.laur
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
I certainly hope if you think you have swine flu that you didn't go to school.

MonkeyGrass

MBTI Type
infj
Enneagram
Oh, suck! :hug: That stuff is nasty, I hear. I hope you're able to kick it to the curb quickly. In the meantime, yes, don't go to school! :shock:

proteanmix

Plumage and Moult
Enneagram
1w2
I certainly hope if you think you have swine flu that you didn't go to school.

OMG yes!!

Why are you going to school to infect others?

At work they sent out an email last week asking supervisors to report to HR if anyone takes off due to being ill with swine flu.

On one hand, yes, please let us know who the infected are so I can outrageously shun them. On the other hand, it's really none of your business why I'm out from work when I have the leave. On a third hand, why is swine flu any different from any other seasonal illness. Last year, we had a wave of bronchitis going around and you were a very dedicated employee if you can in and infected everyone else.

Shimmy

MBTI Type
SEXY
It's more unlikely that someone would have swine flu though.

No it isn't! Over here in Holland they stopped counting somewhere in July, after the official numbers reached the several hundreds. We're 3 months further now.

Oaky

Travelling mind
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
^ So there is a higher likely chance you'd get swine flu then normal flu?

Laurie

Was E.laur
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
It's possible it's either kind, there are actual cases of swine flu in my area. (confirmed by blood test)

You can't confirm it with a swab, that tests for more than just swine flu and they don't do the blood test outside of the hospital.

It really doesn't matter which type it is.

Lux

Kraken down on piracy
It's possible it's either kind, there are actual cases of swine flu in my area. (confirmed by blood test)

You can't confirm it with a swab, that tests for more than just swine flu and they don't do the blood test outside of the hospital.

It really doesn't matter which type it is.

My son was confirmed with the H1N1 virus by nasal swab. But it may have been a test designed solely for that virus, I'm not sure. The test was easy and the results only took about half an hour (or at least that's when the doctor came back into the wearing a face mask).

Little Linguist

Striving for balance
MBTI Type
xNFP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
80% sure.

Yesterday: Sore muscles, fatigued. Late in day: soar throat (onsets of a fever).

Last Night: Didn't sleep much. Cold spells. Diarrhea once (don't laugh :( ), soar throat, faint head ache.

This morning before I go to school: Head ache, soar throat is almost gone, wasn't hungry for breakfast, jittery/cold.

BRING IT, SWINE FLU.

Ferk! That's swine flu??? Then I probably had it, too, or some other flu virus. I felt like cat shit and had all of the symptoms you described except for diarrhea, and it developed into bronchitis damn quicker than any other virus I have ever had. (Less than 24-48 hours - UNREAL and doc told me that if I hadn't come back quickly, it would have developed into pneumonia - that was less than 72 hours after onset of symptoms).

The Decline

(☞゚∀゚)☞
MBTI Type
?
Enneagram
5w4
Screw going to a doctor unless you enjoy the possibility of giving other people your infection (unless of course it's a very severe case). Swine flu should be dealt with just like any other flu- get plenty of rest, plenty of fluids, and try to ease your way into eating basic foods. But really, don't even think of stepping outside the house. You'll be down for a week, give or take.

Also, swine flu sucks hard because of the nausea and diarrhea. Dehydration is probably the #1 cause of death from it.