User Tag List

First 567

Striving for balance Little Linguist's Avatar
    MBTI
    xNFP

Quote Originally Posted by Haphazard View Post
    The logic is that you need the company more than the company needs you. Especially with the current job market, you have 5 people applying for everyone 1 job out there. They can't just not give you any sick days, but not paying or firing you is more efficient for them than paying you for days you're not there. For a week-long illness, people usually only take off only one or two days.
    Lovely. Just lovely. With a system like that, among other things, it's a wonder the American people don't get up and revolt.
    If you are interested in language, words, linguistics, or foreign languages, check out my blog and read, post, and/or share.

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram
    6w7 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEE

Quote Originally Posted by Little Linguist View Post
    Lovely. Just lovely. With a system like that, among other things, it's a wonder the American people don't get up and revolt.
    The only weapon we would have is that we could all go cough in their faces and give them swine flu

MBTI
    yupp

Quote Originally Posted by Little Linguist View Post
    this is why i need to learn how to fly planes.
    In no likes experiment.

that is all

i dunno what else to say so

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    468 sx/sp
    Socionics
    EII None

Every place is not like that. We have excellent health care coverage that single people don't have to even pay for, and short term and long term disability. And you just get Leave, it's not sick leave or vacation leave, it's just leave. You don't even have to say why you're taking it, much less provide a doctor's note.

ShortnSweet, can't you just pick another doctor on your preferred provider list?

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram
    6w7 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEE

Quote Originally Posted by Tiltyred View Post
    Every place is not like that. We have excellent health care coverage that single people don't have to even pay for, and short term and long term disability. And you just get Leave, it's not sick leave or vacation leave, it's just leave. You don't even have to say why you're taking it, much less provide a doctor's note.

ShortnSweet, can't you just pick another doctor on your preferred provider list?

Yea, I can. Its going to be a pain in the butt, and also the place that I go to is the most well known and best practice in the area, so i'd rather be there. I'm going to hopefully pay it off and get back there instead.. Till then.. Hope this cough stays under controlish.

MBTI
    SEXY

I just heard the Swine Flu is now officially an epidemic. Out of every 100000 Dutchmen 69 have swine flu at the moment. Holland has got 16 million inhabitants so that makes 11040 sick people. So far 6 have died, I believe only one of them was in good health before catching the flu.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    8w9

I have it now. I work in a hospital and there are over 200 schools closed here in Michigan from it. It was just a matter of time. Ugh this sucks.
    I like to rock n' roll all night and *part* of every day. I usually have errands... I can only rock from like 1-3.

Twerking & Lurking ayoitsStepho's Avatar
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    4w3 so/sx

You know whats so interesting is how so many people were freaking out about not going to Mexico because of the Swine Flu. At the time the swine flu started going rampant in mexico, I lived on the border of Mexico and Texas and it was just so insulting to hear people say that all the Mexicans have swine flu. [and yes, I heard this quite often which is so judgemental]. Well the funny thing is, those of us who lived closest to the origin of the swine flu never got it. Really, all of us on the border didnt get it and we have Mexicans comming into our towns all the time. [well we did have a couple people, but it just wasnt bad].
    I mean, it was frightning knowing that we're sitting next to this zone where this unknown virus is rampant. All of the border towns had to go into extrea precautions about everything because we'd heard this virus kills. It was very scary.
    Quote Originally Posted by MacGuffin View Post
    ayoitsStepho is becoming someone else. Actually her true self, a rite of passage.

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    7w8
    Socionics
    ENTj

Quote Originally Posted by ayoitsStepho View Post
    You know whats so interesting is how so many people were freaking out about not going to Mexico because of the Swine Flu. At the time the swine flu started going rampant in mexico, I lived on the border of Mexico and Texas and it was just so insulting to hear people say that all the Mexicans have swine flu. [and yes, I heard this quite often which is so judgemental]. Well the funny thing is, those of us who lived closest to the origin of the swine flu never got it. Really, all of us on the border didnt get it and we have Mexicans comming into our towns all the time. [well we did have a couple people, but it just wasnt bad].
    I mean, it was frightning knowing that we're sitting next to this zone where this unknown virus is rampant. All of the border towns had to go into extrea precautions about everything because we'd heard this virus kills. It was very scary.
    I think it's also because the Northern States enter the cold season eariler, and that's when the risk of catching the disease is highest. Just speculation, tho.
    ENTj 7-3-8 sx/sp

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    7w8
    Socionics
    ENTj

Quote Originally Posted by Haphazard View Post
    The logic is that you need the company more than the company needs you. Especially with the current job market, you have 5 people applying for everyone 1 job out there. They can't just not give you any sick days, but not paying or firing you is more efficient for them than paying you for days you're not there. For a week-long illness, people usually only take off only one or two days.
    This is what the company wants you to believe, but the truth is that a well-trained, expert employee that already knows the workings of the company is not really that replaceable, unless we're speaking about 7-eleven.

Here the system is the same as in Germany, btw. So if you stay at home, you need a certificate/note from the doctor that you're ill. You don't need to go out, you can call the doctor and he will come and visit you when he's got time. If you don't have a certificate you need to use vacation time, otherwise you don't get paid that day.
    ENTj 7-3-8 sx/sp