• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

I'm Pretty Sure I have Swine Flu

Little Linguist

Striving for balance
MBTI Type
xNFP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
The logic is that you need the company more than the company needs you. Especially with the current job market, you have 5 people applying for everyone 1 job out there. They can't just not give you any sick days, but not paying or firing you is more efficient for them than paying you for days you're not there. For a week-long illness, people usually only take off only one or two days.

Lovely. Just lovely. With a system like that, among other things, it's a wonder the American people don't get up and revolt.

King sns

MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Lovely. Just lovely. With a system like that, among other things, it's a wonder the American people don't get up and revolt.

The only weapon we would have is that we could all go cough in their faces and give them swine flu ;)

Tiltyred

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Every place is not like that. We have excellent health care coverage that single people don't have to even pay for, and short term and long term disability. And you just get Leave, it's not sick leave or vacation leave, it's just leave. You don't even have to say why you're taking it, much less provide a doctor's note.

ShortnSweet, can't you just pick another doctor on your preferred provider list?

King sns

MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Every place is not like that. We have excellent health care coverage that single people don't have to even pay for, and short term and long term disability. And you just get Leave, it's not sick leave or vacation leave, it's just leave. You don't even have to say why you're taking it, much less provide a doctor's note.

ShortnSweet, can't you just pick another doctor on your preferred provider list?

Yea, I can. Its going to be a pain in the butt, and also the place that I go to is the most well known and best practice in the area, so i'd rather be there. I'm going to hopefully pay it off and get back there instead.. Till then.. Hope this cough stays under controlish.

Shimmy

MBTI Type
SEXY
I just heard the Swine Flu is now officially an epidemic. Out of every 100000 Dutchmen 69 have swine flu at the moment. Holland has got 16 million inhabitants so that makes 11040 sick people. So far 6 have died, I believe only one of them was in good health before catching the flu.

ceecee

Coolatta® Enjoyer
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
8w9
I have it now. I work in a hospital and there are over 200 schools closed here in Michigan from it. It was just a matter of time. Ugh this sucks.

ayoitsStepho

Twerking & Lurking
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
You know whats so interesting is how so many people were freaking out about not going to Mexico because of the Swine Flu. At the time the swine flu started going rampant in mexico, I lived on the border of Mexico and Texas and it was just so insulting to hear people say that all the Mexicans have swine flu. [and yes, I heard this quite often which is so judgemental]. Well the funny thing is, those of us who lived closest to the origin of the swine flu never got it. Really, all of us on the border didnt get it and we have Mexicans comming into our towns all the time. [well we did have a couple people, but it just wasnt bad].
I mean, it was frightning knowing that we're sitting next to this zone where this unknown virus is rampant. All of the border towns had to go into extrea precautions about everything because we'd heard this virus kills. It was very scary.

FDG

pathwise dependent
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
7w8
You know whats so interesting is how so many people were freaking out about not going to Mexico because of the Swine Flu. At the time the swine flu started going rampant in mexico, I lived on the border of Mexico and Texas and it was just so insulting to hear people say that all the Mexicans have swine flu. [and yes, I heard this quite often which is so judgemental]. Well the funny thing is, those of us who lived closest to the origin of the swine flu never got it. Really, all of us on the border didnt get it and we have Mexicans comming into our towns all the time. [well we did have a couple people, but it just wasnt bad].
I mean, it was frightning knowing that we're sitting next to this zone where this unknown virus is rampant. All of the border towns had to go into extrea precautions about everything because we'd heard this virus kills. It was very scary.

I think it's also because the Northern States enter the cold season eariler, and that's when the risk of catching the disease is highest. Just speculation, tho.

FDG

pathwise dependent
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
7w8
The logic is that you need the company more than the company needs you. Especially with the current job market, you have 5 people applying for everyone 1 job out there. They can't just not give you any sick days, but not paying or firing you is more efficient for them than paying you for days you're not there. For a week-long illness, people usually only take off only one or two days.

This is what the company wants you to believe, but the truth is that a well-trained, expert employee that already knows the workings of the company is not really that replaceable, unless we're speaking about 7-eleven.

Here the system is the same as in Germany, btw. So if you stay at home, you need a certificate/note from the doctor that you're ill. You don't need to go out, you can call the doctor and he will come and visit you when he's got time. If you don't have a certificate you need to use vacation time, otherwise you don't get paid that day.