User Tag List

First 1234 Last

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6
    Socionics
    ENFp

I certainly hope if you think you have swine flu that you didn't go to school.

MBTI
    infj
    Enneagram

Oh, suck! That stuff is nasty, I hear. I hope you're able to kick it to the curb quickly. In the meantime, yes, don't go to school!
    I think I think more than you think I think.

Enneagram
    1w2

Quote Originally Posted by Elaur View Post
    I certainly hope if you think you have swine flu that you didn't go to school.
    OMG yes!!

Why are you going to school to infect others?

At work they sent out an email last week asking supervisors to report to HR if anyone takes off due to being ill with swine flu.

On one hand, yes, please let us know who the infected are so I can outrageously shun them. On the other hand, it's really none of your business why I'm out from work when I have the leave. On a third hand, why is swine flu any different from any other seasonal illness. Last year, we had a wave of bronchitis going around and you were a very dedicated employee if you can in and infected everyone else.
    Relationships have normal ebbs and flows. They do not automatically get better and better when the participants learn more and more about each other. Instead, the participants have to work through the tensions of the relationship (the dialectic) while they learn and group themselves and a parties in a relationships. At times the relationships is very open and sharing. Other time, one or both parties to the relationship need their space, or have other concerns, and the relationship is less open. The theory posits that these cycles occur throughout the life of the relationship as the persons try to balance their needs for privacy and open relationship.
    Interpersonal Communication Theories and Concepts
    Social Penetration Theory 1
    Social Penetration Theory 2
    Social Penetration Theory 3

MBTI
    YaYa

Don't post near them. you might catch it.

MBTI
    SEXY

Quote Originally Posted by Ragingkatsuki View Post
    It's more unlikely that someone would have swine flu though.
    No it isn't! Over here in Holland they stopped counting somewhere in July, after the official numbers reached the several hundreds. We're 3 months further now.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    SLI None

^ So there is a higher likely chance you'd get swine flu then normal flu?

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6
    Socionics
    ENFp

It's possible it's either kind, there are actual cases of swine flu in my area. (confirmed by blood test)

You can't confirm it with a swab, that tests for more than just swine flu and they don't do the blood test outside of the hospital.

It really doesn't matter which type it is.

Quote Originally Posted by Elaur View Post
    It's possible it's either kind, there are actual cases of swine flu in my area. (confirmed by blood test)

You can't confirm it with a swab, that tests for more than just swine flu and they don't do the blood test outside of the hospital.

It really doesn't matter which type it is.
    My son was confirmed with the H1N1 virus by nasal swab. But it may have been a test designed solely for that virus, I'm not sure. The test was easy and the results only took about half an hour (or at least that's when the doctor came back into the wearing a face mask).
    "It is not length of life, but depth of life." ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson

"Thought breeds thought." ~ Henry David Thoreau

Striving for balance Little Linguist's Avatar
    MBTI
    xNFP

Quote Originally Posted by OneWithSoul View Post
    80% sure.

Yesterday: Sore muscles, fatigued. Late in day: soar throat (onsets of a fever).

Last Night: Didn't sleep much. Cold spells. Diarrhea once (don't laugh ), soar throat, faint head ache.

This morning before I go to school: Head ache, soar throat is almost gone, wasn't hungry for breakfast, jittery/cold.

BRING IT, SWINE FLU.
    Ferk! That's swine flu??? Then I probably had it, too, or some other flu virus. I felt like cat shit and had all of the symptoms you described except for diarrhea, and it developed into bronchitis damn quicker than any other virus I have ever had. (Less than 24-48 hours - UNREAL and doc told me that if I hadn't come back quickly, it would have developed into pneumonia - that was less than 72 hours after onset of symptoms).
    If you are interested in language, words, linguistics, or foreign languages, check out my blog and read, post, and/or share.

MBTI
    ?
    Enneagram
    5w4

Screw going to a doctor unless you enjoy the possibility of giving other people your infection (unless of course it's a very severe case). Swine flu should be dealt with just like any other flu- get plenty of rest, plenty of fluids, and try to ease your way into eating basic foods. But really, don't even think of stepping outside the house. You'll be down for a week, give or take.

Also, swine flu sucks hard because of the nausea and diarrhea. Dehydration is probably the #1 cause of death from it.
    "Stop it, you fuck. Give him some butter."
    Ti
    = Ne > Ni > Fi > Te > Se > Fe > Si INTP (I/PNT) 5w4