User Tag List

123 Last

Enneagram
    1w2

Default Natural Yeast Infection Treatments

Ladies (and fellas...jock itch!) I'd like to know if any of you have tried natural yeast infection remedies what have you done and how successful have they been. Diflucan works very quickly but I always have a really bad migraine up to week afterwards.

The Google gods are giving me some good info and ideas but I'd also like to know people's personal experiences.

And don't be shy! If people can frankly talk about oral sex techniques and their sexual practices I fully expect people can talk about the other things their vaginas and penises do.
    Relationships have normal ebbs and flows. They do not automatically get better and better when the participants learn more and more about each other. Instead, the participants have to work through the tensions of the relationship (the dialectic) while they learn and group themselves and a parties in a relationships. At times the relationships is very open and sharing. Other time, one or both parties to the relationship need their space, or have other concerns, and the relationship is less open. The theory posits that these cycles occur throughout the life of the relationship as the persons try to balance their needs for privacy and open relationship.
    Interpersonal Communication Theories and Concepts
    Social Penetration Theory 1
    Social Penetration Theory 2
    Social Penetration Theory 3

MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    5x/o

My biology teacher has heard about application of yogurt working. I haven't tried it though.

MBTI
    YaYa

No but I have a good Genital Warts remedy that consists of orange peels and burnt toast.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by Colors View Post
    My biology teacher has heard about application of yogurt working. I haven't tried it though.
    Yeah, I have a problem with putting food in my thang. I would use acidophilus powder mixed with water in a spray bottle instead. Yogurt would be okay if you washed up thoroughly 15-20 minutes later, otherwise you risk spoilage. Unless, like me, you've got an icy cold tundra in the thangal area.

However, I have heard inserting a peeled clove of garlic for an hour or two works well.

I believe jock itch is actually ringworm, like athlete's foot, isn't it?
    The one who buggers a fire burns his penis
    -anonymous graffiti in the basilica at Pompeii

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram

If people are talking openly about it, anyone want to expand a little on what it is like to experience a yeast infection? I've never had one.
    *You don't have a soul. You are a Soul. You have a body.
    *Faith is the art of holding on to things your reason once accepted, despite your changing moods.
    C.S. Lewis

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram

BTW- the garlic thing, you'll want to wrap it in gauze & tie it off with some floss or string first.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by Usehername View Post
    If people are talking openly about it, anyone want to expand a little on what it is like to experience a yeast infection? I've never had one.
    I've only ever had one, and it was a couple years ago. I'm a little wary of this being one of my very first posts here, but what the hell. I posted in white below, so highlight to read.

It itched like crazy (woke me up in my sleep), my outer 'lady parts' became quite raw and sore, and I could feel stuff...um...trickling on the inside.

I just used a standard over-the-counter application, and it worked fine. I'd heard about the yogurt thing but was squeamish about it. If you do decide to try it you should really use the plain, non-sweetened kind since yeast thrive on sugar. Or just get the acidophilus bacteria by itself like Ivy said.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram

LOL yeah, non-sweetened yogurt is the way to go! Good point.

My experience has been pretty much like what you describe, blankpages. PM, oral diflucan is still the best thing I've taken for it but I don't get any side effects from that, so I can see how you'd want to avoid it if it gave you a migraine.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

It actually works if you stick a tampon in plain, unsweetened yogurt for several hours and then insert as as you normally would.

MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    9w8 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

I recently got over a case of jock itch... all I used was an anti fungal that is typically used for athlete's foot.
    () 9w8-3w4-7w6 tritype.

sCueI (primary Inquisition)