MBTI
    crak
    Enneagram
    sax
    Socionics
    adhd

Default why does using computers make me dizzy/disoriented

well?

ive only been on here for about 30 minutes... what gives, it always happens. i think its more than tiredness, although it does seem to provoke a type of tiredness.

i can't even think right. its like my brain is in a rocking boat or is underwater or something. i can almost feel a pressure head ache comming on but i know i wont get one.

Phantonym

Information overload. Electromagnetic radiation. Etc.

What type of monitor are you using? If it's an old CRT, bump the refresh rate up to at least 70-80 Hz.

MBTI
    TOTO

Motion sickness, possible.

People who use the computer are more likely to become tired. They also are more likely to ignore signs of tiredness and continue to use the computer- somewhat due to the glow of the computer screen, it tricks the brain into thinking it's daylight. That's how you can spend the entire night on the computer and all of the sudden crash, but not recognize that you are tired.

Uh, relevancy to your post? I'm really not sure.

MBTI
    ENFJ

The anti-glare shiny screen on my laptop does that to me. I'm hoping one of those anti-anti-glare layers to put over it will help. I find myself squinting, turning down the brightness, and feeling a little dizzy and queasy. I would be happy to know why it happens.
    Tilde
    Classic ENFJ woman--passionate, loyal, misunderstood
    -slightly expressed extroverted, intuitive personality
    -distinctively expressed feeling, judging personality

MBTI
    INTx

Quote Originally Posted by JAVO View Post
    What type of monitor are you using? If it's an old CRT, bump the refresh rate up to at least 70-80 Hz.
    This does it for me. CRTs with crappy refresh bring a headache in short order.

You may also want to adjust the lighting in the room, your distance from the screen, and if you should be wearing glasses, put them on.

MBTI
    INFP

Is there any history of epilepsy in your family?

Even if there isn't try to find answers to your difficulty - it might not be a simple one.
    Take good care...

for me the noise of the computer, coming from one side, seems to cause some kind of binaural effect - that is to say a frequency that induces a partial trance - locks me out of my own mental space, leaving me with a fraction of my awareness. but if I center the tower it still gives me bad symptoms, just not that bad. i always wear earplugs/headphones.

repeatedly clicking on stumble! for hours doesn't enhance mental clarity either.

MBTI
    ENFJ

Quote Originally Posted by nanook View Post
    for me the noise of the computer, coming from one side, seems to cause some kind of binaural effect - that is to say a frequency that induces a partial trance - locks me out of my own mental space, leaving me with a fraction of my awareness. but if I center the tower it still gives me bad symptoms, just not that bad. i always wear earplugs/headphones
    Thanks for pointing that out! I noticed that I rest my head on my hand, covering my left ear with my hand for just that reason. I'll try ear plugs.
    Tilde
    Classic ENFJ woman--passionate, loyal, misunderstood
    -slightly expressed extroverted, intuitive personality
    -distinctively expressed feeling, judging personality

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    INFp

Quote Originally Posted by nanook View Post
    for me the noise of the computer, coming from one side, seems to cause some kind of binaural effect - that is to say a frequency that induces a partial trance - locks me out of my own mental space, leaving me with a fraction of my awareness. but if I center the tower it still gives me bad symptoms, just not that bad. i always wear earplugs/headphones.

That's what it is, hahah I need a new computer. the buzzing humming is affecting my mind. I always thought it was the fan that needed cleaning but its the whole lot.