• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Our personal ways of relieving stress!

Eruca

78% me
MBTI Type
INxx
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I'm so stressed right now. And it's not a surprise.

Personally I find video games are a fantastic way to relax. In the past I have relaxed with using them all too much!

Do you folks have any advice on, or unique ways, of relieving stress? :(

icmlite

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
The endorphins I get from playing basketball help relieve all sorts of stress for me. Try playing a sport that you have a level of proficiency at! It gets your heart rate up and it makes you feel great :D

Tiltyred

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Sleep! that knits up the ravelled sleeve of care.

Kingfisher

full of love
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
9w8
The endorphins I get from playing basketball help relieve all sorts of stress for me. Try playing a sport that you have a level of proficiency at! It gets your heart rate up and it makes you feel great :D

yeah, definitely! basketball just melts my stress away. :D
i agree, any sport really, any sport that especially appeals to you.

i also swim everyday for exercise, that is very calming for me. i think it has very good long-term effects, regularly swimming every day chips away at your sort of base anxiety, the less obvious stess that is just in the background. at least it does for me. :D

but for really explosive stress, the very sudden and overwhelming kind, i like to beat the crap out of my punching bag. punching bags are great. speedbags too.

/DG/

silentigata ano (profile)
Screaming into and beating up a pillow is good for when you're really stressed. :D

Risen

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
9w8

Exercise in general eliminates stress buildup. The sympathetic nervous system is activated when we stress. It's an evolutionary response to the environment solely to prime us for increased physical activity/running (fight or flight response). Actually completing that reduces the overall and acute stress by balancing the hormone levels. Unfortunately, in today's society we have many stressors and not enough activity to mitigate it. Very unhealthy.

Eruca

78% me
MBTI Type
INxx
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Well thanks for the responses. :smile:

Looks like I have another reason to take exercise. :rolleyes:

Amargith

Hotel California
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4dw
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
According to MBTI, reaching out to others and being taken care of yourself by someone should help ;)

Alwar

The Architect
MBTI Type
INTP
Aside from exercise, consider getting a dog.

doggyloveyou.jpg

Eruca

78% me
MBTI Type
INxx
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I know I will become one of those people whom keep dogs as their best friends. The only reason I would ever want my own place would be to get a cat or a dog. ;D

Back on topic, I tried meditation last night and it chillaxed me some. But really I wont be able to relax untill my current troubles are behind me. Then I can get down to work!

EcK

The Memes Justify the End
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
Aside from exercise, consider getting a dog.

doggyloveyou.jpg

is that the data dog from cowboy bebop?!
Just look at its eyes, these guys have been bred to adore us.

Did someone mention sex?

raz

Let's make this showy!
MBTI Type
LoLz
I never really termed it "stress." Until I move out on my own, do I ever really experience stress? I had to do a crapload of shit Tuesday. That was one of the first days in a while that I had a day jam packed with stuff. I kept myself going by just texting a friend throughout the day, and then played a video game when I got home and everything on my to do list was finished. I felt very productive. :D

I'd say dogs, though. My family has 2, and they have this detached way of relaxing you. Just scooping them up in your arms if you can is an amazing rush. :)

Plus I don't know how I'd function without...

ipod_nano_blue_earphones.jpg

FDG

pathwise dependent
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
7w8
Definitely exercise. Nothing works better than that.

rainoneventide

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Taking a long walk while trying to concentrate on my breathing, reading fiction novels, listening to music, having philosophical discussions with my cat

And trying to push the stress aside doesn't help, at least not for me. When I make a conscious effort to accept it and then try to work with it, it becomes a lot less overpowering.

laintpe

Summer
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
adderall actually really relieves my anxiety... which isn't typical for most people.

exercise.... sometimes... but not really... not unless i go until i feel somewhat faint.

alcohol... and no, i'm not an addict... i rarely drink, but i have noticed that i feel very calm during those times.

a really busy, loud room will cause me to daze out... which is better than being anxious imo.

Disclaimer: I'm not suggesting alcohol or prescription drugs (unless they are for anxiety relief) should be used to relieve stress... just noting what I have experienced.

Edgar

Nerd King Usurper
MBTI Type
INTJ
Instinctual Variant
sx
Disclaimer: I'm not suggesting alcohol or prescription drugs (unless they are for anxiety relief) should be used to relieve stress... just noting what I have experienced.

Have you tried mixing alcohol with prescription drugs?

That's like anxiety relief x2.

raz

Let's make this showy!
MBTI Type
LoLz
I've been running around like mad the last week. My stress fixer will be tomorrow afternoon....jogging with my ipod. That usually gets me back into my self.

Edgar

Nerd King Usurper
MBTI Type
INTJ
Instinctual Variant
sx
is that the data dog from cowboy bebop?!
Just look at its eyes, these guys have been bred to adore us.

Did someone mention sex?

.... with a dog??!?!

You Frenchmen are fucking sick.