User Tag List

First 12

Great idea, Biaxident! Painkillers are a great idea. I'm going to clean it with peroxide once I buy some antibacterial ointment and bandages and whatever. I've also heard that salt water works. But will table salt mixed in water work? That's what I rinsed my mouth out with when I had oral surgery. The doc said it promoted healing. I think I'll try soaking it in salt water, then applying the peroxide, then the antibacterial stuff, then the bandages.
    They're running just like you
    For you, and I, wooo
    So people, people, need some good ol' love

Charting a course
    MBTI
    INFP

Quote Originally Posted by Mempy View Post
    Great idea, Biaxident! I'm going to clean it with peroxide once I buy some antibacterial ointment and bandages and whatever. I've also heard that salt water works. Will table salt mixed in water work? That's what I rinsed my mouth out with when I had oral surgery. The doc said it promoted healing. I think I'll try soaking it in salt water, then applying the peroxide, then the antibacterial stuff, then the bandages.
    Yes, salt water will work. The reason I said the H2O2 first was so that it could work some of the dirt free without scrubbing, all those bubbles ya know. Then you soak it so the dirt gets washed away.

The reason I said salt water before peroxide is because I'd like to work up to the pain of the peroxide. Salt water will probably hurt less and prepare me for what's to come.
    For you, and I, wooo

Charting a course
    MBTI
    INFP

Quote Originally Posted by Mempy View Post
    The reason I said salt water before peroxide is because I'd like to work up to the pain of the peroxide. Salt water will probably hurt less and prepare me for what's to come.
    Sissy! Suck it up!

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6
    Socionics
    ENFp

I'm not sure about the peroxide thing, sounds destructive. Emergency Medicine

Soaking usually cleans out wounds well. Dissolve salt in pretty hot water, it cools fast and the salt will mix in faster. Use it when it's warm and leave your foot in it for a while.

I shared my pic, let's see your ucky wound. It would have been more fun yesterday with blood on it still though.

Charting a course
    MBTI
    INFP

Quote Originally Posted by Elaur View Post
    I'm not sure about the peroxide thing, sounds destructive. Emergency Medicine

Soaking usually cleans out wounds well. Dissolve salt in warm water and leave your foot in it for a while.

Depends on how embedded the dirt is.

Debridement sucks...Ask a burn patient...

In the end, it's her choice. We can just make suggestions.

Good mag...Used to look at it all the time when I was an EMT.

You would never use it on more than than a superficial type wound.

If the blood under the nail is causing pain, last I checked, the prescribed treatment was to drill a hole into the nail, and relieve the pressure.

I tried to take a picture of it! But my camera's level of suck is truly amazing to behold. Or maybe it's my level of suck that's truly amazing to behold. Because I couldn't figure out how to take a sharp picture of my toe. I was staring in frustration and anger at the camera as I fiddled with various settings and snapped blurry, unfocused photo after blurry, unfocused photo.

And you're right, it looked way more ugly with all the blood and dirt, before I cleaned it. Totally awesome. Without all the gore, it doesn't look half as bad. Sorry, kids. It's not even worth taking a picture of. I don't know, maybe I should try again anyway just so you guys can know, since I've been going on about it all this time. You gore addicts.

I did clean it, and it's probably healing nicely. No need for a doctor, it's far less serious than my initial impression. Don't you love when you make a big hullabaloo about something that turns out to be nothing?

Plus, the body is amazing. How does it replace dead and missing material with new material, without you even having to ask it? Something that I think helped with the fear, panic and pain I felt right after injuring myself, was saying to myself over and over again, "The body is amazing! It will heal faster than you can imagine!" The panic is more painful than the actual sensory pain, I think.
    For you, and I, wooo

MBTI
    yupp

was it one of those cuts that gush blood and your like oh god i'm going to die!!!!! then you clean it and your like WTF?! damnit! liar!!!
    In no likes experiment.

that is all

i dunno what else to say so