• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Lemon, ginseng and ginger tea

Oaky

Travelling mind
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Alright. So I've fallen with a bad cold. Anyone know any good home remedies or do anything in particular that work for them in order to quickly heal the cold?
Lemon, ginseng and ginger tea is supposed to be helpful but I still feel awful after taking it.

tinkerbell

MBTI Type
ENTP
OK you wont like this but go out and get a hold of a bottle of Vit C (just Vit C - not with zinc added or anything). Ideally 500g tablets...

take 3000g per day spread over the day - Vit C will give you the runs if you over do it, but when you have a cold esp a drippy one, it will just get absorbed by your body - 3 or 4 days of this tye of treatment ought to see you through the worst of it. Even if you cold doens't shift that quick, it will shorten it substantially.

don't think you can drink 3000g's worth of OJ or the likes, it's a massive dose... but it does work... :)

Other than that wrap up, paracetamol to lower any temperature if you have one.... and drink lots of clear fluids.

Oaky

Travelling mind
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Sounds good. I'll give it a try. I heard lots of good things about taking Vitamin C when you have a cold or the flu.

Wild horses

MBTI Type
ENFP
Along with echinacea in the form of tintiture as it can access you blood stream quicker that way... perhaps astragulas too which is the only natural anti-viral... again get it in a liquid

poppy

triple nerd score
MBTI Type
intj
Enneagram
Yeah, I usually try to take tons of vitamin C and eat miso soup every day when I think I'm about to get sick. Usually once I'm actually sick it doesn't make a difference, catching it early seems to be the best thing.

Oaky

Travelling mind
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
@Wild horses: So the echinacea is supposed to speed up the process?

@poppy: Miso soup? How does that help?

rhinosaur

Just a statistic
MBTI Type
INTP
Zinc! Zinc has always worked for me. There are some OTC products specifically for this purpose.

Prevention is best though. If you get plenty of sleep and eat right, you should get sick dramatically less often.

poppy

triple nerd score
MBTI Type
intj
Enneagram
@poppy: Miso soup? How does that help?
Seaweed has some good-for-you things in it, and I find I prefer light, hot meals when I'm getting sick anyway. Less for the body to process. (Also it's easy to make :D)

Oaky

Travelling mind
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
^ I see. Interesting.

Wild horses

MBTI Type
ENFP
Yea it increased number of white blood cells and so in effect is an immune booster and should speed up recovery

sirbricap

MBTI Type
dsaf
Enneagram
sadf
Hi there, Would a new one like me be welcome here?
Thanks so much in deed.

WoodsWoman

MBTI Type
INFP
Sure you're welcome here...

...note on Vit. C - If you feel tired take it - and when you start to feel tired again take some more. This has helped me get through things that couldn't be put off just because I was feeling crappy. If possible don't take any in the evening due to this, but if you're getting plenty of sleep don't worry about it.

tinkerbell

MBTI Type
ENTP
Hows your cold? Hopefully one of the 70 tips came in handy... which ones tipped the balance :)

Oaky

Travelling mind
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
:D Much better actually. I've tried what you told me and for sure, my cold's almost totally gone. Thanks a lot.

Oaky

Travelling mind
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I've tried a few others including:
- normal tea
- coffee
- very hot shower
I'm not sure if they helped but I did it cause I believe it helps relieve some if the symptoms.

tinkerbell

MBTI Type
ENTP
you're feeling better and thats the main thing, just wrap up warm and keep snugg until you are 100% again. :)

Oaky

Travelling mind
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
^ :D Will do. Thanks

speculative

Feelin' FiNe
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
don't think you can drink 3000g's worth of OJ or the likes, it's a massive dose... but it does work... :)

While sick, I've drunk a half gallon of OJ a day for a few day's straight before. NOT recommended for your stomach's well-being. :eek: