Thread: Underweight?

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram
    6w7 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEE

Quote Originally Posted by nynesneg View Post
    Gotta admit, I'm jealous of you guys who effortlessly stay thin. I personally don't want to be model thin though, prefer toned women. (not that you are)

Crazy how different bodies the same height react. I'm about 5'7" 1/2 and got down to 115 at one point awhile ago. I was semi-anorexic eating 1000 calories a day for prolly 5 months. My period stopped for several months. I could put my ankles together and my legs didn't touch at all all the way up. I got really bony and could feel my ribs all the way across my chest. Ok ok TMI I know! Some of my hair came out in half handfulls. Usually I weigh about 150, although my preferred weight is probably about 135-140.
    Tsk tsk.
    Don't do that to yourself...
    Beauty has absolutely nothing to do with being thin.
    Get help if you ever need it.
    This is not good for your body.

MBTI
    ENFJ
    Enneagram
    3w2

Don't worry, I'm fine. Much more balanced now. I appreciate your kind concern though. I just enjoy working out and gotta have some desire to improve yourself to be at all motivated. Who wouldn't dislike the idea of having the results of your workout with no effort (ie less fat)? Truth is, I just eat Taco Bell most the time.

MBTI
    ISTx

Quote Originally Posted by Giggly View Post

edit: Oh and what about taking multi-vitamins? I've heard that only people who are trying to lose weight should take those.
    I take a multi vitamin. I think if you take any supplements at all, the multi should be at the top of your list. In a given day, we won't receive all the minerals/vitamins that is optimal for our bodies and that's where the multi comes in to play [on the contrary, we already receive plenty of certain vitamins and some of what the mutli provides is unnecessary. It's not dangerous though if you take the directed dosage.]

I lift weights though and it's a strongly recommended as a standard supplement for those who lift/exercise but I don't think that that makes a whole lot of difference. Vitamins/minerals are necessary to all!

MBTI
    IsfP
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Socionics
    INTp

Quote Originally Posted by Beat View Post
    I take a multi vitamin. I think if you take any supplements at all, the multi should be at the top of your list. In a given day, we won't receive all the minerals/vitamins that is optimal for our bodies and that's where the multi comes in to play [on the contrary, we already receive plenty of certain vitamins and some of what the mutli provides is unnecessary. It's not dangerous though if you take the directed dosage.]

I lift weights though and it's a strongly recommended as a standard supplement for those who lift/exercise but I don't think that that makes a whole lot of difference. Vitamins/minerals are necessary to all!
    +1 booya! Very good advice. I'm an underweight guy, and I just so happened to have started lifting weights a while ago. Taking vitamins is making me feel better. I also seem to recover faster and I'm gaining a bit more weight because of all the exercise. Multivitamins are generally good even if you are a sedentary person.