First 4567 Last

Thread: Underweight?

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram
    6w7 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEE

Ground flax seed is an excellent, excellent source of fat.
    TBH I'm not sure about the fiber content.. I know that it has some, but i'm not sure if you can make up for not having whole grains with it.

(Oh and you're welcome, hope you find it helpful!)

Charting a course
    MBTI
    INFP

Fiber: If you’re on a roll…make sure its whole wheat - Oregon Women Report

Frankly I think vitamins are a personal choice. I wouldn't supplement with fat soluble vitamins(think Vit. D) too much though. They can be toxic if you ingest too much.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram

Try doing some strength training to gain muscle, while eating a lot of carbs
    <3

MBTI
    crak
    Enneagram
    sax
    Socionics
    adhd

Quote Originally Posted by Magic Poriferan View Post
    83 sounds low, but then you are really short. I'm not sure what to say. I'm 5'8-3/4 and float around 115 tom 120 pounds. I've had a doctor tell me that I was not gaining weight fast enough, but then I've been like this for years and I haven't noticed anything bad happening. How long have you had this weight to height ratio? Have you experienced any of the symptoms of emaciation?

On one hand, it's better safe than sorry, so I woud encourage you to continue seriously looking into this. On the other hand, I see a lot of fat people, and my doctor was fat. I feel fine and have always been this way, but I am so abnormal in this society that I think it is essentially assumed that I'm unhealthy. It might be the same way with you.
    yeah, some people just have fast metabolisms and are born to be weedy, no matter what they eat.
    the "normal" weight seems to have increased with the average weight, unfortunatley. im sure people who are skinnier than they should be are more vulnerable to fatigue, organ failure and disease, but im not sure if it still applies to people who are naturally skinny.

MBTI
    ENFJ
    Enneagram
    3w2

I'm not sure what to say. I'm 5'8-3/4 and float around 115 tom 120 pounds. I've had a doctor tell me that I was not gaining weight fast enough, but then I've been like this for years and I haven't noticed anything bad happening.
    Gotta admit, I'm jealous of you guys who effortlessly stay thin. I personally don't want to be model thin though, prefer toned women. (not that you are)

Crazy how different bodies the same height react. I'm about 5'7" 1/2 and got down to 115 at one point awhile ago. I was semi-anorexic eating 1000 calories a day for prolly 5 months. My period stopped for several months. I could put my ankles together and my legs didn't touch at all all the way up. I got really bony and could feel my ribs all the way across my chest. Ok ok TMI I know! Some of my hair came out in half handfulls. Usually I weigh about 150, although my preferred weight is probably about 135-140.

MBTI
    crak
    Enneagram
    sax
    Socionics
    adhd

^ why/how did you become like that?

Glycerine

Update: I haven't really gained much in the past few weeks after upping my caloric intake. I think my body is still changing and my appetite isn't what it used to be. (I used to eat enough for 2-3 adults but now I eat the bare minimum for 1 adult ).

MBTI
    ENFJ
    Enneagram
    3w2

Quote Originally Posted by Edge View Post
    ^ why/how did you become like that?
    Awhile ago, the year I was 16. VERY difficult time my whole family was going through. I think diet and exercise became the one outlet which I could control. I didn't know I was doing anything wrong, just read about some lady on internet who ate next to nothing and thought I'd try it. Felt pretty tired and weak all the time. Ended up actually moving that year and started seeing a counselor. That's the nutshell version.

But again, I find it interesting how I'm an inch shorter than Poriferan but my body reacted so differently when I was her weight.

MBTI
    crak
    Enneagram
    sax
    Socionics
    adhd

Quote Originally Posted by Pitseleh View Post
    Update: I haven't really gained much in the past few weeks after upping my caloric intake. I think my body is still changing and my appetite isn't what it used to be. (I used to eat enough for 2-3 adults but now I eat the bare minimum for 1 adult ).
    i think if you just eat everything your body needs, including calories, there won't be anything wrong with you. the trouble is with anneorexics (god my spelling is appauling) is that their body gets weak. their bones can be easily shattered, their teeth fall out, etc.
    but something that strikes low fat people indiscriminatley is insulation. they should stay protected from very cold temperatures.

Quote Originally Posted by nynesneg View Post
    But again, I find it interesting how I'm an inch shorter than Poriferan but my body reacted so differently when I was his weight.
    that is interesting. i guess the difference is, you were depriving yourself of nutrients and calories while MP was not, his body just burns it all.

don't you hate people who eat more then you but are still skinnier

^He pronks, too! Magic Poriferan's Avatar
    MBTI
    Yin
    Enneagram
    One sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by nynesneg View Post
    But again, I find it interesting how I'm an inch shorter than Poriferan but my body reacted so differently when I was her weight.
    Go to sleep, iguana.