User Tag List

MBTI
    IsTP

Default My 10k deathwish.

Being of the competitive spirit that I am, a co-worker challenged me to a 10k run and I could not say no. The date is the 24th of October so I've a month to train. Recent training regiment has consisted mostly of burrito lifting. I've the tall, thin body type and I used to jog but here recently I've tapered off.

Anyhow, I need some training advice. What distances should I be running in preparation? I was thinking of running two days, and then taking one off to rest/heal up until it was time for the event. I have a local track I can run, the 10k would be the equivilent of running 25 laps, I was thinking at starting out at 10 laps and working to increase my distance on a normal interval.

Any thoughts? Advice?
    ...Then I ducked my head and the lights went out, and two guns blazed in the dark;
    And a woman screamed, and the lights went up, and two men lay stiff and stark...

MBTI
    ENFP
    ENFP Male: E-74% N-95% F-58% P-84% 3w2
    "I feel there are two people inside me - me and my intuition. If I go against her, she'll screw me every time, and if I follow her, we get along quite nicely." -Kim Basinger

MBTI
    yupp

I have no advice as I do not believe their is ever a time I need to run unless I'm being chased by a tiger or something.

But when I saw the title I thought you wanted to spend 10,000 on some contraption to kill yourself with, and were asking for advice. Not that I condone suicide but really are you trying to screw someone over? by spending all your money so they'll be no inhertance. Who pissed you off that much? why aren't you killing them instead?
    In no likes experiment.

that is all

i dunno what else to say so

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    SLI None

Wear 5 kilo ankle weights and run around your local track. When you take them off you'll feel lighter (and faster) than a speeding train. Like your flying.

MBTI
    ENFP

I'm doing a run on October 11. I may do 10k instead of 5k. I've got a great 5k time and would do well, but I love the pace of a 10k more. It's more about consistent running whereas 5k is more of a sprint to get a fast time.
    ENFP Male: E-74% N-95% F-58% P-84% 3w2
    "I feel there are two people inside me - me and my intuition. If I go against her, she'll screw me every time, and if I follow her, we get along quite nicely." -Kim Basinger

MBTI
    ENFP

Quote Originally Posted by Willfrey View Post
    Being of the competitive spirit that I am, a co-worker challenged me to a 10k run and I could not say no. The date is the 24th of October so I've a month to train. Recent training regiment has consisted mostly of burrito lifting. I've the tall, thin body type and I used to jog but here recently I've tapered off.

Anyhow, I need some training advice. What distances should I be running in preparation? I was thinking of running two days, and then taking one off to rest/heal up until it was time for the event. I have a local track I can run, the 10k would be the equivilent of running 25 laps, I was thinking at starting out at 10 laps and working to increase my distance on a normal interval.

Any thoughts? Advice?
    practice running 10k uphill so you will win. Cardiovascular endurance is the most important thing you should work on right now.
    [SIGPIC]http://www.derekrhode.com/MiscHosting/Pics/151645.png[/SIGPIC]