• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

% of TypoC members who smoke?

Do you smoke?

• Yes smoke

Votes: 32 25.6%
  • No smoke

Votes: 93 74.4%

• Total voters

LucrativeSid

I smoked for ten years. I quit about 3 or 4 months ago. I'm quite happy about it but I'm not going to give myself any medals of achievement until it's been at least a year.

INTJ123

HAHHAHHAH!
MBTI Type
ESFP
I smoke marijuana frequently and cigarettes occasionally (mostly when drinking).

I look forward to the day when weed is legalized in the US (it'll happen in our lifetimes, believe it!) because I want to have a more personal relationship with my pot by growing my own.

Depending on how things go over in California, we might see a second mass migration... 'California Green Rush' anyone?

fuck yea, I'm gonna get my license soon. fuck tobacco but I'm addicted, I can quit weed for months and I've done over a year, but ciggs.... unbelievable... probably tried quitting 5 or so times already, bullshit, don't even smoke ciggs if you arn't addicted the addiction and withdrawal is really BAD.

ajblaise

Minister of Propagandhi
MBTI Type
INTP
I never thought I would smoke cigs, but as soon as I turned 18, I picked up the habit instantly.

But I just switched to electric cigarettes, which use water vapor instead of smoke, and they are the best thing ever. Fuck cancer.

ajblaise

Minister of Propagandhi
MBTI Type
INTP
You can chew nicotine gum as a substitute as well.

Just not as satisfying as taking a drag of something, and expensive, I imagine.

With e-cigs, it's basically free. You just get a small bottle of nicotine liquid and it lasts for weeks/months.

Tallulah

Emerging
MBTI Type
INTP
Wow, that electric cigarette thing is kind of fascinating--I just looked it up. So it doesn't smell, either?

MacGuffin

Permabanned
MBTI Type
xkcd
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Smoking has to be the stupidest everyday activity millions of people participate in.

"Hi, I'd like to hand over thousands of dollars to a giant corporation in return for an addiction to a substance that harms my health and doesn't even get me as buzzed as half a beer."

Strange.

ajblaise

Minister of Propagandhi
MBTI Type
INTP
Wow, that electric cigarette thing is kind of fascinating--I just looked it up. So it doesn't smell, either?

No smell really. I have cherry flavor, and I guess the vapor has a faint cherry scent if you put your nose right into it, but after it dissipates it's gone.

Best thing ever. I predict it will get pretty popular, I've already converted my smoker friends.

Salomé

meh
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
No smell really. I have cherry flavor, and I guess the vapor has a faint cherry scent if you put your nose right into it, but after it dissipates it's gone.

Best thing ever. I predict it will get pretty popular, I've already converted my smoker friends.

That sounds pretty good to me.

Although there are worse things than the smell of tobacco. I used to avoid bars because the smell of smoke made me feel ill. Now there is a smoking ban in all public areas here and one can smell what all that smoke was masking.

It ain't cherries.

Grayscale

MBTI Type
ISTP
smoked in the past for a short while, i could understand the temptation to do it again, but meh... no thanks!

I have so much respect for you non smokers, wish I could do it

to achieve something you must first expect it of yourself :newwink:

do not let the chemical addiction convince you that you dont have a choice one way or the other every time the opportunity arises.

Samurai Drifter

MBTI Type
INTP
I smoke marijuana frequently and cigarettes occasionally (mostly when drinking).

I look forward to the day when weed is legalized in the US (it'll happen in our lifetimes, believe it!) because I want to have a more personal relationship with my pot by growing my own.
Legalization or not, as soon as I have a house of my own (not an apartment like I live in now) I'll be growing my own. That way I'll have a constant supply of the best and know exactly what I'm smoking.

Depending on how things go over in California, we might see a second mass migration... 'California Green Rush' anyone?
That's why I suspect that even if marijuana is legalized in the State of California, the DEA will do everything possible to prosecute vendors at the federal level.

Forgetful Functor

MBTI Type
iNtP
Legalization or not, as soon as I have a house of my own (not an apartment like I live in now) I'll be growing my own. That way I'll have a constant supply of the best and know exactly what I'm smoking.

Be careful. The man has all sorts of ways of hunting for grow ops... aerial thermal scans, monitoring electricity usage, et c. Felony manufacturing is a hell of a charge in this country.

Feops

MBTI Type
INTx
Smokers who put themselves upwind are annoying.

Thanks for the blast of cigarette smell. I appreciate it. Jerks.

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
Smokers who put themselves upwind are annoying.

Thanks for the blast of cigarette smell. I appreciate it. Jerks.

thanks for being a self righteous asshole. are you deathly allergic? if you are I might sympathize if its just cuz you don't like the smell then fuck you.

LEGERdeMAIN

thanks for being a self righteous asshole. are you deathly allergic? if you are I might sympathize if its just cuz you don't like the smell then fuck you.

right on. when I was a non-smoker(fascist) I hated the smell of BO and douchyness more than the smell of natural herbs.

Kingfisher

full of love
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
9w8
i started smoking when i was a kid, and have smoked ever since. i always enjoyed it, and never felt guilty.
but i quit a couple of months ago, because i am having children.

Feops

MBTI Type
INTx

I'm not throwing stink in your face, it'd be nice to have the same in return.

Same way people appreciate when others take showers in conventions. Or don't get on busses smelling like vomit. Bad smells are offensive. People like clean air.

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
wind changes directions, and its not like any one can know so its not on purpose when that happens its on purpose if someone comes up to yeah delibrately blows smoke in your face, that is why you are being a self righteous asshole. Because it has nothing to do with you, but you make it about you which pisses me off, because you are not going to die from it and none of this bullshit about 2nd hand smoke because you can move just as easily so yeah. If I don't like the smell of something or the person is doing something that makes me uncomfortable I fucking move and get on with my life. Because life is too fucking short to get upset over what others do, instead of acting like its some personal attack on me, because it probably isn't