• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

% of TypoC members who smoke?

Do you smoke?

• Yes smoke

Votes: 32 25.6%
  • No smoke

Votes: 93 74.4%

• Total voters

Laurie

Was E.laur
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
STOP SMOKING YOU WEAK WILLED WORMS! There, do smokers hate me now?

People do stuff like that for plain old regular tobacco? damn. :shock:

Of course, if it was irregular tobacco that wouldn't be so surprising.

Falcarius

The Unwieldy Clawed One
MBTI Type
COOL
Falcarius has never smoked a cigarette in his life or anything else commonly smoked, the reason for Falcarius never doing so is because he had a bad experience when he was about eight million years old.

Living on the very edge of the suburbs meant Falcarius was allowed out to play on the footpath, which led towards the countryside, by Mr and Mrs Utahensis. One day while playing on the footpath with a friend, he found a disposable lighter which sill had gas in, instead of trying to set something random on fire they both decided they would see what it was like to smoke. Not having any cigarettes around, they broke a water hemlock plant in half thinking it was a cow parsley plant before they smoking it. The main difference between water hemlock and cow parsley is water hemlock is rather poisonous, more so than even a cigarette. Obviously, it made Falcarius a bit more ill than his stumbling crazy dizzy usual self, and put him off trying to smoke anything ever again.:blush:

BerberElla

12 and a half weeks
MBTI Type
infp
STOP SMOKING YOU WEAK WILLED WORMS! There, do smokers hate me now?

Of course, if it was irregular tobacco that wouldn't be so surprising.

I could never hate you, you're holding a knife. :smile:

Hexis

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
6w7
Do it when I drink. So I suppose that would make me a social smoker. I do so cause it heightens my sense of "buzz" from beer, and gives my idle hands something to do.

Edit: I do own and tend to use a Electronic Cigarette as well.

LEGERdeMAIN

I smoke. I have since I was 14. I used to smoke three packs at day but averaged out it's probably about a pack. I've been smoking homegrown, organic tobacco lately which, of course, I roll myself. This has cut back my expenses almost 100% and saved me about 200 USD a month since the new taxes took affect. I also, due to the difficulties I have with rolling coarse tobacco, have only smoked an average of five cigarettes per day for the past six months.

King sns

MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
The occasional cigar or hookah tobacco... does that count? I'm going to put "no."

Feops

MBTI Type
INTx
Never smoked. My dad did, and it just never made sense to me as a kid. The logic that came to my mind was "wait, you pay lots of money to smell that stuff intentionally?". Totally baffling.

For the most part I don't mind if people smoke, provided they do it away from me. What bothers me in a more public sense is that my taxes will eventually go to treating their health care costs (edit: this is probably entirely offset by the taxes levied against cigarettes come to think of it), and that they are denying themselves and/or their families a much higher standard of living.

Tallulah

Emerging
MBTI Type
INTP
I don't smoke. I did "learn" to smoke for a play I was in once. I totally get why people would want to do it. I kinda liked it, and it was fun to have a prop. If it wasn't bad for your health, I'd have probably been tempted. I was kind of amazed, as a non-smoker, to realize that when you're the one smoking the cigarette, you can't really smell it. Which is good and bad. I really hate the smell of smoke in my hair and clothing, and even if I can't smell it myself, I don't want to smell like it, and I don't want my stuff to smell like smoke.

Halla74

Artisan Conquerer
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Nope.

Smoking does not support muscle growth, therefore I have nothing to do with it.

Plus, it's stinky. :yes:

rhinosaur

Just a statistic
MBTI Type
INTP
I've smoked in the past but I was never very good at it. At most I was inhaling a pack a week. I found the habit hard to sustain, and it just kinda petered out. Plus the only benefit I saw from smoking -- taking those little breaks, outside, to kinda refresh your mind -- was not worth the cost in terms of money, health, and mental stamina.

The Decline

(☞゚∀゚)☞
MBTI Type
?
Enneagram
5w4
I've been smoking homegrown, organic tobacco lately which, of course, I roll myself. This has cut back my expenses almost 100% and saved me about 200 USD a month since the new taxes took affect. I also, due to the difficulties I have with rolling coarse tobacco, have only smoked an average of five cigarettes per day for the past six months.

Homegrown? Wow! I purchase from an additive-free shop (customblends), and despite having some amazing Brazilian tobacco, they've yet to introduce an organic product. The only other organic rolling tobacco out there is American Spirit, and they're owned by Big Tobacco, so I'd rather support a small business. I definitely agree that you save a lot more, and you don't smoke as much if you're forced to handroll. It's quite ideal! You can also choose your own papers and balance the moisture levels to your liking. At this point I could never go back to a pre-rolled, additive-filled, freeze-dried, etc "regular" cigarette.

SillySapienne

`~~Philosoflying~~`
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5
Ganja?

Fo sho!

I also don't mind cigarettes, don't mind the smell, or the associated cancer risks. :)

LEGERdeMAIN

Homegrown? Wow! I purchase from an additive-free shop (customblends), and despite having some amazing Brazilian tobacco, they've yet to introduce an organic product. The only other organic rolling tobacco out there is American Spirit, and they're owned by Big Tobacco, so I'd rather support a small business. I definitely agree that you save a lot more, and you don't smoke as much if you're forced to handroll. It's quite ideal! You can also choose your own papers and balance the moisture levels to your liking. At this point I could never go back to a pre-rolled, additive-filled, freeze-dried, etc "regular" cigarette.

Yeah, it's hard to get organic tobacco without buying a Big Tobacco brand. American Spirit used to be my favorite brand until I started growing and rolling my own. I use flax papers now, but I really want to try Gizeh Hanf. Apparently it's a German-made hemp paper.

If you live in a suburban or rural area, I would definitely recommend growing a couple of plants.

Samurai Drifter

MBTI Type
INTP
I'll occasionally take a puff of a cigarette, cigar, or hookah, generally if it's offered for free.

I smoke pot frequently though. Does that count?

Forgetful Functor

MBTI Type
iNtP
I smoke marijuana frequently and cigarettes occasionally (mostly when drinking).

I look forward to the day when weed is legalized in the US (it'll happen in our lifetimes, believe it!) because I want to have a more personal relationship with my pot by growing my own.

Depending on how things go over in California, we might see a second mass migration... 'California Green Rush' anyone?