32 24.81%
  • No smoke

97 75.19%
First 678910 Last

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by Ragingkatsuki View Post
    If smoking is of low importance of all your health issues then you've seriously got some big health issues. Good luck on fixing them.
    I should have said mental health/health, but yeah.

Anyways to put the weak willed quote on a general term: Those who do something that they would regret are weak willed.
    Then everyone is weak willed.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram

How can you say it is of ill-will power to smoke when you have never smoked?

So much of it relies on physically and chemically being addicted and less on will power.
    Is it that by its indefiniteness it shadows forth the heartless voids and immensities of the universe, and thus stabs us from behind with the thought of annihilation, when beholding the white depths of the milky way?

MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    9w8 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Seriously, the context of smoking over other things that would supposedly make you "weak willed" is drastically different. I don't see how you can compare it.

And don't get all nit picky. You know what he meant when he said "regret", as in, a very large regret, not something like stumping your toe.
    () 9w8-3w4-7w6 tritype.

sCueI (primary Inquisition)

MBTI
    infp

Quote Originally Posted by cafe View Post
    I don't smoke. It is hard for me to understand why someone would start knowing the health risks and how expensive it is. I hate to see people selling their food stamps, plasma, pawning their kids' video games, etc to support their habit, but otherwise, whatever. There are a lot worse things.
    People do stuff like that for plain old regular tobacco? damn.
    Echo - "So are you trying to say she is Evil"

DeWitt - "Something far worse, she's an Idealist"

Berb's Johari Berb's Nohari

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by BlackCat View Post
    Seriously, the context of smoking over other things that would supposedly make you "weak willed" is drastically different. I don't see how you can compare it.

And don't get all nit picky. You know what he meant when he said "regret", as in, a very large regret, not something like stumping your toe.
    If you're aiming that at me..

I wasn't directing it at him..it was just some general advice in the whole context of the thread.
    Is it that by its indefiniteness it shadows forth the heartless voids and immensities of the universe, and thus stabs us from behind with the thought of annihilation, when beholding the white depths of the milky way?

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    SLI None

Quote Originally Posted by Evan View Post
    Then everyone is weak willed.
    Quote Originally Posted by OneWithSoul View Post
    How can you say it is of ill-will power to smoke when you have never smoked?
    It takes low will to start something your against. It takes moderate will to never start it. It takes strong will to stop it. Will can change from weak to strong and vice versa. It's a lot like working out. When I say the statement I'm referring to those who tend to let themselves go and regret what they do later. Those are the weak willed people.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by Ragingkatsuki View Post
    It takes low will to start something your against. It takes moderate will to never start it. It takes strong will to stop it. Will can change from weak to strong and vice versa. It's a lot like working out. When I say the statement I'm referring to those who tend to let themselves go and regret what they do later. Those are the weak willed people.
    Touch

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    3w4

Quote Originally Posted by Evan View Post
    The whole weak-willed argument is silly.

You're weak willed if you sleep late, if you don't exercise everyday, if you don't eat completely healthy foods, if you maintain all of your relationships in a healthy way, and overall take absolutely no repeated actions that don't maximize your health at all times.

It's not all about health people. It's about happiness.
    It's not silly. You just don't like it because you're a member of that group. And your comparison is absurd. How many people have gotten cancer and died as a result of sleeping late? Unlike the other vices you mention, the case against smoking is overwhelming. I stand by my opinion that only a fool would take up the habit.
    "We grow up thinking that beliefs are something to be proud of, but they're really nothing but opinions one refuses to reconsider. Beliefs are easy. The stronger your beliefs are, the less open you are to growth and wisdom, because "strength of belief" is only the intensity with which you resist questioning yourself. As soon as you are proud of a belief, as soon as you think it adds something to who you are, then you've made it a part of your ego."

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Socionics
    ILI

Smoking is a disgusting, dangerous, and expensive habit to take up. What is the point?
    I 96% N 93% T 75% P 63% 5w4 sp/sx/so ILI
    Ti>Ne>Te>Ni>Si>Fi>Se>Fe
    I'm interested in what you percieve me to be. Johari/Nohari

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    9w1
    Socionics
    INFj None

Quote Originally Posted by BerberElla View Post
    People do stuff like that for plain old regular tobacco? damn.
    Oh they absolutely do. Seen it plenty of times.
    “There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old’s life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.”
    ~ John Rogers