First 45678 Last

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    EII

Quote Originally Posted by The Outsider View Post
    I don't smoke. I don't care if others do. It is only cool in film noir.

EDIT: Are we only talking about cigarette smoking?

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by metaphours View Post
    Thread is self explanatory.
    No it isn't.

Smoking what?

EDIT: damnit, Lauren.
    Listen to me, baby, you got to understand, you're old enough to learn the makings of a man.

Patron Saint Of Smileys Gloriana's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    6w5
    Socionics
    INFJ

I smoke, and I respect it if other people choose not to. I will also respect it if someone politely asks me to put it out or move further away. I will be happy to put it out and move it further away if you're a decent human being about it. You jump on my ass with holier-than-thou attitude and condemnation, you will be greeted with the same treatment from me. That's just how I feel about it.
    "Nobody in life gets exactly what they thought they were going to get, but if you work really hard, and you're kind, amazing things will happen. I'm telling you...amazing things will happen" --Conan O'Brien

MBTI
    yupp

Quote Originally Posted by Gloriana View Post
    I smoke, and I respect it if other people choose not to. I will also respect it if someone politely asks me to put it out or move further away. I will be happy to put it out and move it further away if you're a decent human being about it. You jump on my ass with holier-than-thou attitude and condemnation, you will be greeted with the same treatment from me. That's just how I feel about it.
    see i agree with this, and if you're rude i'll probably blow smoke in your face.
    In no likes experiment.

that is all

i dunno what else to say so

MBTI
    INTP

I've never smoked either. Tried to pick up the habit several times over the last 5 decades, but I seem to have an aversion to nicotine. It makes me sick. If not for that factor, I probably would have started at one point or another.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    EII

Quote Originally Posted by Edgar View Post
    No it isn't.

Smoking what?

EDIT: damnit, Lauren.
    Great minds and all. I love what you've done with Russia!

Quote Originally Posted by Nighthawk View Post
    I've never smoked either. Tried to pick up the habit several times over the last 5 decades, but I seem to have an aversion to nicotine. It makes me sick. If not for that factor, I probably would have started at one point or another.
    Why have you tried to start? A few people I know have tried to get into it because of stress, etc.

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by BerberElla View Post
    I have so much respect for you non smokers, wish I could do it, still, never give up giving up and all that. One day I shall succeed at quitting.

Until then, I'll have to keep going outside the clubs to have my puff of those cancer sticks, in the rain, snow and night time chill weather lol.
    I'm reminded of the saying, "Once you've justified an act once in your mind as okay.. it's infinitely harder to stop it than if you had rejected it from the beginning." .. Or something like that. I feel for the people who are trying to quit, I hear it's extremely difficult.
    Kantgirl: Just say "I'm feminine and I'll punch anyone who says otherwise!"
    Halla74: Think your way through the world. Feel your way through life.

Cimarron: maybe Prpl will be your girl-bud
    prplchknz: i don't like it

In Search Of... ... Kiwi Sketch Art ... Dream Journal ... Kyuuei's Cook book ... Kyu's Tiny House Blog ... Minimalist Challenge ... Kyu's Savings Challenge

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    3w4

Quote Originally Posted by metaphours View Post
    Thread is self explanatory.

And yes, I'm 15 and I still smoke. So, suck it, SmokeFree America.
    I wonder what line Vegas would give this kid that he lives to see his 40th birthday. I would put my money on dead.

People can smoke all they want, but I still view them as weak-willed...and it's such a waste of money. I think you have to be a moron to even start.
    "We grow up thinking that beliefs are something to be proud of, but they're really nothing but opinions one refuses to reconsider. Beliefs are easy. The stronger your beliefs are, the less open you are to growth and wisdom, because "strength of belief" is only the intensity with which you resist questioning yourself. As soon as you are proud of a belief, as soon as you think it adds something to who you are, then you've made it a part of your ego."

Habitual Fi LineStepper JocktheMotie's Avatar

Don't smoke, I do not see the benefit. Would have a very difficult time accepting a partner who did. I don't see reasons for smoking to be justifiable considering the risks and damages. "Oh it gives me something to do while waiting, it relaxes me, good icebreaker/point of identification with others, makes me look cool." Okay, so you're a self conscious, neurotic, restless individual with poor conversational openers and a silly desire to be perceived as interesting so you self "medicate" with a carcinogen? Awesome.

But to each his own. Those who smoke do not share my criteria for lifestyle decisions, which is certainly not a crime.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram

I smoked a cigarette once about 3 months ago and hated it. I've smoked a few cigars and smoke marijuana every so often..but never straight cigs.

We watched a health documentary on smoking where this lady was addicted and it showed every little bad thing the tobacco was doing to her lungs and how it was killing her. It was scary. But on the other hand..she was addicted..and even quoted as saying she wishes she had never started.

And this one girl in my class was laughing at her and how stupid she was for continually going outside of another smoke. It really bothered me.

I have sympathy for smokers, because I know it's so hard to stop. I don't have sympathy for people who are overly-against smoking. To people who have never smoked (myself included), we don't really know what it is like to be addicted, so to criticize others for smoking is completely insane. The human error is actually starting. But once you are addicted, you lose a lot of control even though quitting isn't impossible. So my heart goes out to all of you who are addicted because it must suck.

I give my respect out to ex-smokers. Those who have gotten the will power to quit. I doubt it's as easy as everyone assumes it to be. If you haven't been addicted, than you can't make such claims.

And I totally agree with those Truth commercials that are anti-tobacco industry. It's not the smokers fault, per se, but more the fault of the money hungry Tobacco Industries. They put the addictive and life threatening chemicals in cigarettes to do the very things that cigarettes do. Just think of the number of people they've killed.

I see smoking as a choice. There are so many other things we do that are almost as bad/worse than smoking. It's not for us to say whether something is right or wrong and to some people, smoking is justifiable. But personally, I find it disgusting.

Don't criticize smokers.
    Is it that by its indefiniteness it shadows forth the heartless voids and immensities of the universe, and thus stabs us from behind with the thought of annihilation, when beholding the white depths of the milky way?