129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes smoke

32 24.81%
  • No smoke

97 75.19%
First 89101112 Last

MBTI
    INTx

Never smoked. My dad did, and it just never made sense to me as a kid. The logic that came to my mind was "wait, you pay lots of money to smell that stuff intentionally?". Totally baffling.

For the most part I don't mind if people smoke, provided they do it away from me. What bothers me in a more public sense is that my taxes will eventually go to treating their health care costs (edit: this is probably entirely offset by the taxes levied against cigarettes come to think of it), and that they are denying themselves and/or their families a much higher standard of living.

MBTI
    INTP

I don't smoke. I did "learn" to smoke for a play I was in once. I totally get why people would want to do it. I kinda liked it, and it was fun to have a prop. If it wasn't bad for your health, I'd have probably been tempted. I was kind of amazed, as a non-smoker, to realize that when you're the one smoking the cigarette, you can't really smell it. Which is good and bad. I really hate the smell of smoke in my hair and clothing, and even if I can't smell it myself, I don't want to smell like it, and I don't want my stuff to smell like smoke.
    Something Witty

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    7w8 sx/so
    Socionics
    SLE

Nope.

Smoking does not support muscle growth, therefore I have nothing to do with it.

Plus, it's stinky.

MBTI
    INTP

I've smoked in the past but I was never very good at it. At most I was inhaling a pack a week. I found the habit hard to sustain, and it just kinda petered out. Plus the only benefit I saw from smoking -- taking those little breaks, outside, to kinda refresh your mind -- was not worth the cost in terms of money, health, and mental stamina.

MBTI
    ?
    Enneagram
    5w4

Quote Originally Posted by MaybeLogic View Post
    I've been smoking homegrown, organic tobacco lately which, of course, I roll myself. This has cut back my expenses almost 100% and saved me about 200 USD a month since the new taxes took affect. I also, due to the difficulties I have with rolling coarse tobacco, have only smoked an average of five cigarettes per day for the past six months.
    Homegrown? Wow! I purchase from an additive-free shop (customblends), and despite having some amazing Brazilian tobacco, they've yet to introduce an organic product. The only other organic rolling tobacco out there is American Spirit, and they're owned by Big Tobacco, so I'd rather support a small business. I definitely agree that you save a lot more, and you don't smoke as much if you're forced to handroll. It's quite ideal! You can also choose your own papers and balance the moisture levels to your liking. At this point I could never go back to a pre-rolled, additive-filled, freeze-dried, etc "regular" cigarette.
    "Stop it, you fuck. Give him some butter."
    Ti
    = Ne > Ni > Fi > Te > Se > Fe > Si INTP (I/PNT) 5w4

`~~Philosoflying~~` SillySapienne's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5

Ganja?

Fo sho!

I also don't mind cigarettes, don't mind the smell, or the associated cancer risks.
    `
    'Cause you can't handle me...

"A lie is a lie even if everyone believes it. The truth is the truth even if nobody believes it." - David Stevens

"That that is, is. That that is not, is not. Is that it? It is."

Veritatem dies aperit

Ride si sapis

Intelligentle sparkles

MBTI
    ?
    Enneagram
    5w4

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainChick View Post
    Ganja?

Fo sho!
    [YOUTUBE="B91wki_jQf0"]That's all I do[/YOUTUBE]
    "Stop it, you fuck. Give him some butter."
    Ti
    = Ne > Ni > Fi > Te > Se > Fe > Si INTP (I/PNT) 5w4

Quote Originally Posted by The Decline View Post
    Homegrown? Wow! I purchase from an additive-free shop (customblends), and despite having some amazing Brazilian tobacco, they've yet to introduce an organic product. The only other organic rolling tobacco out there is American Spirit, and they're owned by Big Tobacco, so I'd rather support a small business. I definitely agree that you save a lot more, and you don't smoke as much if you're forced to handroll. It's quite ideal! You can also choose your own papers and balance the moisture levels to your liking. At this point I could never go back to a pre-rolled, additive-filled, freeze-dried, etc "regular" cigarette.
    Yeah, it's hard to get organic tobacco without buying a Big Tobacco brand. American Spirit used to be my favorite brand until I started growing and rolling my own. I use flax papers now, but I really want to try Gizeh Hanf. Apparently it's a German-made hemp paper.

If you live in a suburban or rural area, I would definitely recommend growing a couple of plants.
    “Some people will tell you that slow is good – but I’m here to tell you that fast is better. I’ve always believed this, in spite of the trouble it’s caused me. Being shot out of a cannon will always be better than being squeezed out of a tube. That is why God made fast motorcycles, Bubba…”

MBTI
    INTP

I'll occasionally take a puff of a cigarette, cigar, or hookah, generally if it's offered for free.

I smoke pot frequently though. Does that count?
    Hands in the air, it's a robbery.

I smoke marijuana frequently and cigarettes occasionally (mostly when drinking).

I look forward to the day when weed is legalized in the US (it'll happen in our lifetimes, believe it!) because I want to have a more personal relationship with my pot by growing my own.

Depending on how things go over in California, we might see a second mass migration... 'California Green Rush' anyone?
    Ti = Ne > Fi = Ni > Te = Si > Fe = Se

"I've never seen a child who didn't want to build something out of blocks, or learn something new, or try the next task. And the only reason why adults aren't like that is, I suppose, that they have been sent to school and other oppressive institutions which have driven that out of them."
    -- Noam Chomsky