User Tag List

First 3456 Last

MBTI
    intj
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by Little Linguist View Post
    Exactly, Poppy! I used to love and crave these foods, and at college it was kind of like 'stress food' that I ate every day (I'm sorry to admit) and did not move my butt.
    I'm about to head into college now and I'll be living in the dorms. I'm really going to do my best not to fall back into the habit of eating those foods, but I think it'll be challenging since I can't cook my own food in the dorms.

After the scales reached 164 lbs at a height of 5'2", I woke up and realized what this was doing to my body. Luckily, as a meso-endo, I can gain weight and fat like crazy, but I can also lose it fast. Nonetheless, it still has taken a long time. That was back in 2004. Now in 2009 I weigh about 134.6 lbs. and through this challenge, I'm hoping to get my weight well within the 'tolerance' or 'normal' range, at the rate I'm going, hopefully 125 lbs or so.
    That's excellent I'm 5'4" and hoping to weigh about 135 as that's what I weighed at my thinnest. However I have more muscle and a slightly different figure now, so I'm pretty flexible on the number.
    Now when I look at this fast-food stuff, or even HEAR about it, my stomach churns. If I'm forced to go to a place like that now, I generally get a salad or a pizza at most, sometimes a baked potato with QUARK (my new best friend). That's it. None of these hamburgers, 'chicken' burgers, or fries. Just imagine: One meal generates around 800-1000 kcal or more. Ewwww.
    Ugh! Yes! My friends will mention wanting to go out for fast food, and I just look at them like they're crazy.

Marie Callendar's makes this frozen chicken pot pie...I used to eat them sometimes when I was younger until I found out that one of these little pot pies has 35 grams of fat in it :horor: Is there a projectile vomit emoticon? Because it just amazes me what's in some of this manufactured food product stuff.
    "There's no need to be embarrassed about it, Mr. Spock. It happens to the birds and the bees!"

MBTI
    ESFP
    Socionics
    ESFP

Sugar is toxic, literally. Any food that has been refined is missing nutrients which are needed to fully metabolize it, to digest sugar your body will get these minerals from your body, like your bones (teeth rot too). If you keep this in mind, you might be able to control yourself.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w8
    Socionics
    ILE

Popcorn with hot sauce...YUMMY

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    8w9

Quote Originally Posted by SerengetiBetty View Post
    Popcorn with hot sauce...YUMMY
    Won't the make the popcorns go soft and lose that crisp/crunchyness?

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w8
    Socionics
    ILE

Quote Originally Posted by Salt n' pepper View Post
    Won't the make the popcorns go soft and lose that crisp/crunchyness?
    I have a special process that takes a while, but yes there's a delicate balance between too much sauce (and resulting sogginess ) and not enough.

if i'm pressed for time i just put hot sauce in a bowl and dip the popcorn in.

actually i should have just answered HoT Sauce! I put it on just about everything and have been known to carry it in my purse.you'd be surprised how many restaurants don't have a spicy sauce.
    Last edited by SerengetiBetty; 09-06-2009 at 11:13 PM. Reason: added info

MBTI
    INTP

Frozen blueberries.

MBTI
    infp

Cheesecakes, nacho's and dips of all types, moroccan shredded pancakes in either milk or cooked with chicken.

Crunchy nut cornflakes, cinnamon and raisin bagels, marmite on toast.

Tea and coffee (don't even ask how many cups a day I get through nor how many bags of sugar per week I go through)

I need to avoid these things like the plague.

Things I can't control, but don't care that I can't:

Prawns, steamed veg of all types. I could eat it daily.
    Echo - "So are you trying to say she is Evil"

DeWitt - "Something far worse, she's an Idealist"

Berb's Johari Berb's Nohari

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    8w9

Quote Originally Posted by Alwar View Post
    Frozen blueberries.
    Blasphemy! Why frozen? They're usually so sour. I prefer the fresh ones. Any excuse to get out in the forest. Hm. Raspberries? Yes! Although, speaking from a purely nutritional point of view, blueberries are better.

Pasta of any kind. Italian pasta dishes, lo mein, mac and cheese. I could eat it every day.
    Everybody have fun tonight. Everybody Wang Chung tonight.

Johari
    /Nohari

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by Salt n' pepper View Post
    Blasphemy! Why frozen? They're usually so sour. I prefer the fresh ones. Any excuse to get out in the forest. Hm. Raspberries? Yes! Although, speaking from a purely nutritional point of view, blueberries are better.
    They taste like slushies or something when you freeze them. I like them fresh on oatmeal and in muffins though.