User Tag List

First 23456 Last

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    9w1
    Socionics
    INFj None

Soda and food that is easy. I'm a lazy girl.
    “There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old’s life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.”
    ~ John Rogers

MBTI
    ENTP

More sugar puffs... ~ I've got a sickness... they will be gone by lunchtime...

Striving for balance Little Linguist's Avatar
    MBTI
    xNFP

Quote Originally Posted by tinkerbell View Post
    I've got a sweet tooth so I try not to keep buscuits or chocolate in the house... actually it doens't matter what I buy they aint going to stay in the house long...

One particuar food that I dont by very oten because I simply can't stop eatting them is Sugar Puffs.. If I buy a box they are done in 24 hours and the roof of my mouth is missing a layer of skin... I just can;t not eat them once they are open (puffed wheat with honey on them)....

Any foods you can't put down?

Lis
    Basically, I keep anything full of sugar and salt out of the house, especially now, when I'm doing the challenge.

I'm so proud of myself, though. Recently I've been exhibiting a great deal of self-control. I went to the bakery this morning, saw all the yummy sweet things, and wasn't even tempted! Instead, I got a whole-grain croissant (they had no more whole-grain rolls ) with cheese, veggies, and some egg. Then I went to the store, skipped the salty treats and sweets aisles and got QUARK, my lovely new favorite healthy decadent dessert (damn, you Amis are really missing out!!!), and a banana, kiwi and some roasted soy beans to go on top! GO ME!!!!!!

But yeah, woe be me if I get chocolate, ice cream, sweets like candies, chips, etc., etc. And with my body, they are REALLY bad for me. I gain water weight and fat like crazy.

However, I find your body adjusts (at least mine does) very quickly. If I go a week without eating this crap, I don't long for it anymore. However, if I start eating this crap, I'm addicted and eat tons of it.

So the key for me is STAY AWAY!!!!!!!!!!!

Oh yeah, you guys don't know Quark:

It is a rich, creamy, yogurt-like substance that is the same consistency as a mix of ice-cream and yogurt, has a great taste, but has 9 g of protein, 4.1 g of carbohydrates, and 0.2 g of fat per 100 g as well as only 57 kcal. It tastes as decadent as yummy whipped cream or ice cream or any of those lovely things, but is as healthy as yogurt or milk! And guess what, your body can absorb the calcium and stuff better! I had been having cramps in my legs and feet as a result of a magnesium deficiency, but since I stated eating these Quark bowls (now I make them myself and it's wayyy cheaper!) with fruit (bananas, kiwi, berries, whatever....) I've been feeling great!
    If you are interested in language, words, linguistics, or foreign languages, check out my blog and read, post, and/or share.

MBTI
    ENTP

LL you are describing the impact of sugar - insuline resistance ....

I have a harder time giving up sugar than ciggaretts. But the craving falls off very quickly after a day or two... sugar is addictive..

Well done at keeping clean .

MBTI
    xNFP

Damn, really??? Holy crap, does that mean I'm going to get diabetes?????
    If you are interested in language, words, linguistics, or foreign languages, check out my blog and read, post, and/or share.

MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by Little Linguist View Post
    Damn, really??? Holy crap, does that mean I'm going to get diabetes?????

GOSH NO!!! not at all, it is possible (same way as it is for most people), if you keep a bad diet and over eat etc you may get diabetese.

But sugar based food create cravings for more... which can lead to IR. prolonged eating of lots of sugary things (over years) will almost certainly lead to IR....

Right now I have to be good or I'm really likely to end up with diabetese....

filling some space UnitOfPopulation's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTJ

Just for this week, alcohol topped my charts in substances I haven't controlled.

I'll drop it to "controlled" level now.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

MBTI
    intj
    Enneagram

LL, that Quark stuff sounds tasty

I eat fast food so rarely now, that when I am forced to go out to eat it I find myself at a loss for what to order. It all looks vile. This is like, my only dietary virtue, but it makes getting in shape a little easier for me
    "There's no need to be embarrassed about it, Mr. Spock. It happens to the birds and the bees!"

MBTI
    INTP

Dry breakfast cereal, Cinnamon Toast Crunch (or its generic counterparts), especially.

The only cereal I keep at home is the generic version of regular Cheerios. It's good enough to eat, but not good enough to eat the whole box in one sitting.

MBTI
    xNFP

Quote Originally Posted by poppy View Post
    LL, that Quark stuff sounds tasty

I eat fast food so rarely now, that when I am forced to go out to eat it I find myself at a loss for what to order. It all looks vile. This is like, my only dietary virtue, but it makes getting in shape a little easier for me
    Exactly, Poppy! I used to love and crave these foods, and at college it was kind of like 'stress food' that I ate every day (I'm sorry to admit) and did not move my butt.

After the scales reached 164 lbs at a height of 5'2", I woke up and realized what this was doing to my body. Luckily, as a meso-endo, I can gain weight and fat like crazy, but I can also lose it fast. Nonetheless, it still has taken a long time. That was back in 2004. Now in 2009 I weigh about 134.6 lbs. and through this challenge, I'm hoping to get my weight well within the 'tolerance' or 'normal' range, at the rate I'm going, hopefully 125 lbs or so.

Now when I look at this fast-food stuff, or even HEAR about it, my stomach churns. If I'm forced to go to a place like that now, I generally get a salad or a pizza at most, sometimes a baked potato with QUARK (my new best friend). That's it. None of these hamburgers, 'chicken' burgers, or fries. Just imagine: One meal generates around 800-1000 kcal or more. Ewwww.