User Tag List

12311 Last

Thread: Lady Cups

Enneagram
    1w2

Default Lady Cups

Now I'm part of the problem!!!

But seriously, any ladies have experience with menstrual cups? I'm thinking of getting a Diva Cup. What did women do before sanitary napkins and tampons?
    Relationships have normal ebbs and flows. They do not automatically get better and better when the participants learn more and more about each other. Instead, the participants have to work through the tensions of the relationship (the dialectic) while they learn and group themselves and a parties in a relationships. At times the relationships is very open and sharing. Other time, one or both parties to the relationship need their space, or have other concerns, and the relationship is less open. The theory posits that these cycles occur throughout the life of the relationship as the persons try to balance their needs for privacy and open relationship.
    Interpersonal Communication Theories and Concepts
    Social Penetration Theory 1
    Social Penetration Theory 2
    Social Penetration Theory 3

Habitual Fi LineStepper JocktheMotie's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by proteanmix View Post

But seriously, any ladies have experience with menstrual cups? I'm thinking of getting a Diva Cup. What did women do before sanitary napkins and tampons?
    They never left the cave, so it didn't matter.

Enneagram
    1w2

I think when I read Things Fall Apart or some book based in a time I didn't live there was some description of sitting in leaves for days. That sounds fun!
    Relationships have normal ebbs and flows. They do not automatically get better and better when the participants learn more and more about each other. Instead, the participants have to work through the tensions of the relationship (the dialectic) while they learn and group themselves and a parties in a relationships. At times the relationships is very open and sharing. Other time, one or both parties to the relationship need their space, or have other concerns, and the relationship is less open. The theory posits that these cycles occur throughout the life of the relationship as the persons try to balance their needs for privacy and open relationship.

MBTI
    ESFJ

Oh, i had to come and have a look. Lady cups????

I have never heard of this before. Thank god for google images.

OK, now i have seen the diva cup, i can only ask WHY????
    “I made you take time to look at what I saw and when you took time to really notice my flower, you hung all your associations with flowers on my flower and you write about my flower as if I think and see what you think and see—and I don't.”
    ― Georgia O'Keeffe

Enneagram
    1w2

Quote Originally Posted by saslou View Post
    Oh, i had to come and have a look. Lady cups????

I have never heard of this before. Thank god for google images.

OK, now i have seen the diva cup, i can only ask WHY????
    I have no real reason other than I saw it on the shelf and I want to give it a try. Evidently it's more eco-friendly, earth goddess-y, cheaper, and about as much trouble as putting in a tampon.

MBTI
    intj
    Enneagram

I think when I read Things Fall Apart or some book based in a time I didn't live there was some description of sitting in leaves for days. That sounds fun!

I dunno anything about cups, I've heard of them but I always thought it sounded uncomfortable and potentially disastrous. I've also heard of women wearing reusable (and eco friendly ) cloth pads, but my guess is that would only work if you had a really light flow.
    "There's no need to be embarrassed about it, Mr. Spock. It happens to the birds and the bees!"

MBTI
    ENTP

wouldn't use personally, but I beleive they are better for the planet. I'm not sure about the sanity side.

As for pre-tampons/ST.... well I beleive that women tore up strips of linnen/cloth and washed them out....

MBTI
    ESFJ

I have no real reason other than I saw it on the shelf and I want to give it a try. Evidently it's more eco-friendly, earth goddess-y, cheaper, and about as much trouble as putting in a tampon.
    Hmmmm. OK, lol.

I am curious now, i am not finding any proper info on these.

So you insert, it fills up and then you remove it and clean it out
    Or
    Insert, fill up, pull off nozzle, contents comes out. Take out after x amount of time and clean thoroughly.

There is always one .. Sorry
    “I made you take time to look at what I saw and when you took time to really notice my flower, you hung all your associations with flowers on my flower and you write about my flower as if I think and see what you think and see—and I don't.”
    ― Georgia O'Keeffe

MBTI
    INfp
    Enneagram
    9w1 sp/sx
    Socionics
    INFp None

What did women do before sanitary napkins and tampons?
    Why do you think they called it the Dark Ages?

Enneagram
    1w2

Quote Originally Posted by saslou View Post
    Hmmmm. OK, lol.

I am curious now, i am not finding any proper info on these.

So you insert, it fills up and then you remove it and clean it out
    Or
    Insert, fill up, pull off nozzle, contents comes out. Take out after x amount of time and clean thoroughly.

There is always one .. Sorry
    Yeah that's basically it. Then you have the different types of folds and what not. Honestly, I'm wearing it now, feels fine and I didn't have any problems putting it in.

Menstrual cup - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    Diva Cup Review
    Breastfeeding Mums Blog: The Lunette Menstrual Cup - A Whole New Discovery for Me!

Quote Originally Posted by Udog View Post
    Why do you think they called it the Dark Ages?
    Because the sun was dimmer? Gawd, I'm such a prima donna.