• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Lady Cups

kyuuei

Emperor/Dictator
MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
Wow. I sure don't know what I'd do without this thread. Good thing we have it.

I don't know what I'd do if people on forums stopped reading blunt, upfront titles about things that aren't interesting or applicable to them, click on the thread, read it and decide they are inconvenienced by it anyways.

Haha! How come? The dearth of female INTPs? ;)

:yes: I can't help it, ya'll are an uncommon breed.

All aboard the good ship TMI... :D.

:laugh: I think I'm skipper of the damn ship. But thats really good advice.. Im not giving up on the thing yet, because hey, I paid for it.. but I think I will attempt to use it when I get home instead of here on deployment. There's more comforts at home to rely on.

It's so weird to me that this thread bothers people.

You didn't get the memo.. Women talking about their cycles is icky and gross and our good traditional males are not going to tolerate it. We're going to give them cooties if this thing goes over 30 pages.

Randomnity

insert random title here
MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
You didn't get the memo.. Women talking about their cycles is icky and gross and our good traditional females are not going to tolerate it. We're going to give them cooties if this thing goes over 30 pages.

Fixed that for ya. Think the males are staying away entirely rather than complaining.

kyuuei

Emperor/Dictator
MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
:laugh: Thank you. 24 hour shifts later I read your post like twice and went "Fixed what?"

chickpea

perfect person
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Wow. I sure don't know what I'd do without this thread. Good thing we have it.

Wow. I sure don't know what I'd do without this comment. Good thing we have it.

Wolfie

MBTI Type
xNxx
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
so
Leviticus 15:19-30
And if a woman have an issue, and her issue in her flesh be blood, she shall be put apart seven days: and whosoever toucheth her shall be unclean until the even. And every thing that she lieth upon in her separation shall be unclean: every thing also that she sitteth upon shall be unclean. And whosoever toucheth her bed shall wash his clothes, and bathe himself in water, and be unclean until the even. And whosoever toucheth any thing that she sat upon shall wash his clothes, and bathe himself in water, and be unclean until the even. And if it be on her bed, or on any thing whereon she sitteth, when he toucheth it, he shall be unclean until the even. And if any man lie with her at all, and her flowers be upon him, he shall be unclean seven days; and all the bed whereon he lieth shall be unclean. And if a woman have an issue of her blood many days out of the time of her separation, or if it run beyond the time of her separation; all the days of the issue of her uncleanness shall be as the days of her separation: she shall be unclean. Every bed whereon she lieth all the days of her issue shall be unto her as the bed of her separation: and whatsoever she sitteth upon shall be unclean, as the uncleanness of her separation. And whosoever toucheth those things shall be unclean, and shall wash his clothes, and bathe himself in water, and be unclean until the even. But if she be cleansed of her issue, then she shall number to herself seven days, and after that she shall be clean. And on the eighth day she shall take unto her two turtles, or two young pigeons, and bring them unto the priest, to the door of the tabernacle of the congregation. And the priest shall offer the one for a sin offering, and the other for a burnt offering; and the priest shall make an atonement for her before the LORD for the issue of her uncleanness.

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
Leviticus 15:19-30
And if a woman have an issue, and her issue in her flesh be blood, she shall be put apart seven days: and whosoever toucheth her shall be unclean until the even. And every thing that she lieth upon in her separation shall be unclean: every thing also that she sitteth upon shall be unclean. And whosoever toucheth her bed shall wash his clothes, and bathe himself in water, and be unclean until the even. And whosoever toucheth any thing that she sat upon shall wash his clothes, and bathe himself in water, and be unclean until the even. And if it be on her bed, or on any thing whereon she sitteth, when he toucheth it, he shall be unclean until the even. And if any man lie with her at all, and her flowers be upon him, he shall be unclean seven days; and all the bed whereon he lieth shall be unclean. And if a woman have an issue of her blood many days out of the time of her separation, or if it run beyond the time of her separation; all the days of the issue of her uncleanness shall be as the days of her separation: she shall be unclean. Every bed whereon she lieth all the days of her issue shall be unto her as the bed of her separation: and whatsoever she sitteth upon shall be unclean, as the uncleanness of her separation. And whosoever toucheth those things shall be unclean, and shall wash his clothes, and bathe himself in water, and be unclean until the even. But if she be cleansed of her issue, then she shall number to herself seven days, and after that she shall be clean. And on the eighth day she shall take unto her two turtles, or two young pigeons, and bring them unto the priest, to the door of the tabernacle of the congregation. And the priest shall offer the one for a sin offering, and the other for a burnt offering; and the priest shall make an atonement for her before the LORD for the issue of her uncleanness.

Now I KNOW the bible was written by a man

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
I had major issues with it slipping up way too high.. I literally spent two minutes trying to grasp the tail end of it to be able to get enough grip to pull it out. It was a bit scary--I panicked and thought I would have to go to the EMF for a moment to get a doctor to fish it out because I just could NOT get it.

Hmm I had this problem with the Instead cups that go way up in, I find them terribly inconvenient, but I have no problem about getting to my Diva because it's shaped differently. I also am not squeamish about fishing it out, so that probably counts. It's just my vag, mang.

Also the email said I should have been able to twist it 360 degrees without trouble, but I couldn't get it to budge even a little bit one way or the other, moreless twist it all the way around. I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong with it. I hardly feel a tampon while it is in, but the cup I definitely feel it pushing against the sides of me to create that seal. If it weren't for the back pains I get from it when it slips up I could deal with that. I also am unsure if I can use the latrine while it is in--it says it only needs replacing in 12 hours.. does that mean bathroom breaks don't require it to be pulled out each time?

I'm not sure why it's causing back pain for you unless it's because you're already having major cramps and the discomfort is just too much for you. I've had this happen in the past when my cramps were really severe, I wouldn't even want to wear a tampon.

It only has to be changed if you're bleeding heavily. I change it and rinse it quite often on heavy flow days, but on light flow days, yes, you can just leave it up in there, there's no TSS risk.

kyuuei

Emperor/Dictator
MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
Hmm I had this problem with the Instead cups that go way up in, I find them terribly inconvenient, but I have no problem about getting to my Diva because it's shaped differently. I also am not squeamish about fishing it out, so that probably counts. It's just my vag, mang.

That in and of itself doesn't bother me.. the fact that I couldnt REACH it to pull it out did. I could barely grasp the little tail thingy, which started out right at the opening but slid up throughout the day.

I'm not sure why it's causing back pain for you unless it's because you're already having major cramps and the discomfort is just too much for you. I've had this happen in the past when my cramps were really severe, I wouldn't even want to wear a tampon.

It only has to be changed if you're bleeding heavily. I change it and rinse it quite often on heavy flow days, but on light flow days, yes, you can just leave it up in there, there's no TSS risk.

A google search confirmed I am not the only one with this trouble but it isn't the norm. It was like a horrid, sharp pain in my lower back where my kidneys were.. after my Ne convinced me for half a second that I had somehow defied the laws of physics by blocking off a urethra opening so all of my pee was shutting down my kidneys I had the sense to just take it out and the pain went away after an hour or so. The pain took my breath away though, it was like I had tweeked my back, so I knew it wasn't cramps. Someone mentioned if it is touching your cervix it could do this.. I don't know how or why, but it sounded legit on google. :laugh: I think I'll speak to a lady doctor during demobilization and ask her opinion.

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
That in and of itself doesn't bother me.. the fact that I couldnt REACH it to pull it out did. I could barely grasp the little tail thingy, which started out right at the opening but slid up throughout the day.

A google search confirmed I am not the only one with this trouble but it isn't the norm. It was like a horrid, sharp pain in my lower back where my kidneys were.. after my Ne convinced me for half a second that I had somehow defied the laws of physics by blocking off a urethra opening so all of my pee was shutting down my kidneys I had the sense to just take it out and the pain went away after an hour or so. The pain took my breath away though, it was like I had tweeked my back, so I knew it wasn't cramps. Someone mentioned if it is touching your cervix it could do this.. I don't know how or why, but it sounded legit on google. :laugh: I think I'll speak to a lady doctor during demobilization and ask her opinion.

Ugh okay yeah maybe it's suctioning your cervix or something, that's pretty odd for you to feel it in your back though and not directly on your cervix.

I have a hard time reaching the Instead because of the way it's made, don't know if you've ever tried it, but DON'T if you're even having this much trouble with the more vertical and less horizontal Diva cup.

I know that scary feeling. I've used make-up sponges before to have sex while I was on my period, it's a trick where the sponge absorbs the blood, but none comes out, and it feels mushy like soft skin so the guy is probably never gonna be the wiser. However, if said make-up sponge gets caught up in there, it's really really scary, like OMGZ I CAN'T GET IT OUT.

Terrible feeling. Awful.

Hey, maybe that's why I don't find the Diva all that challenging in comparison, because I tried the Instead cup and make-up sponges first. On the other hand, I never had this back pain issue, which sounds really icky.

kyuuei

Emperor/Dictator
MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
Ugh okay yeah maybe it's suctioning your cervix or something, that's pretty odd for you to feel it in your back though and not directly on your cervix.

I have a hard time reaching the Instead because of the way it's made, don't know if you've ever tried it, but DON'T if you're even having this much trouble with the more vertical and less horizontal Diva cup.

I know that scary feeling. I've used make-up sponges before to have sex while I was on my period, it's a trick where the sponge absorbs the blood, but none comes out, and it feels mushy like soft skin so the guy is probably never gonna be the wiser. However, if said make-up sponge gets caught up in there, it's really really scary, like OMGZ I CAN'T GET IT OUT.

Terrible feeling. Awful.

Hey, maybe that's why I don't find the Diva all that challenging in comparison, because I tried the Instead cup and make-up sponges first. On the other hand, I never had this back pain issue, which sounds really icky.

:laugh: I have never heard of that in my life.. but this post gave me some confidence in giving it another try. I'll definitely see if I can get it to work for me when I get home. Everyone says there is a definite learning curve with it, so maybe I'm just a slow learner ;)

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
:laugh: I have never heard of that in my life.. but this post gave me some confidence in giving it another try. I'll definitely see if I can get it to work for me when I get home. Everyone says there is a definite learning curve with it, so maybe I'm just a slow learner ;)

I don't think you're an exceptionally slow learner; I mean I realized I learned it in steps, like it just seemed easier compared to the deeply annoying Instead cup, which I only used to use as a measure to have sex on my period without their being a mess on lighter days.

Diva is actually a practical replacement that I find manageable, with a few pads per month as back-up. Good luck in figuring out if it will work for you.

Lexicon

Temporal Mechanic
Staff member
MBTI Type
JINX
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
just crossed my mind...
I wonder if these things can break inside of you if you had some kind of accident that resulted in trauma. :shocking: