User Tag List

First 67891018 Last

Thread: Lady Cups

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram

I admit I'm squeamish about putting bleached paper in my ladybits. I have some Glad Rags that I usually use, but that doesn't help with swimming, etc. And I find that people are even less receptive to those than they are Keepers/Diva Cups/et. al.
    The one who buggers a fire burns his penis
    -anonymous graffiti in the basilica at Pompeii

MBTI
    infp

I honestly hadn't heard about these things at all, sound worth trying as I hate pads and I don't like the tampon experience even though I choose it for the freedom.
    Echo - "So are you trying to say she is Evil"

DeWitt - "Something far worse, she's an Idealist"

Berb's Johari Berb's Nohari

MBTI
    ENTJ

Damnit. I wasn't saying I found MY OWN coochie (or, coochies in general) unhygienic - what puts me off a bit is the whole fingers that are unwashed/possibly public bathroom skuzz/toilet proximity thing. Gotta little coochie/germ phobia. And even tho the toxic shock scare was before my time, I'm aware of it and it has helped to instill and back-up that feeling of...hmmm...don't really want to be sticking objects in there for extended periods of time thing.

Ftr, my sister LOVES her cup.
    "Only an irrational dumbass, would burn Jews." - Jaguar

"please give concise answers in plain English" - request from Provoker

MBTI
    ISFx
    Enneagram
    4w5

Quote Originally Posted by PinkPiranha View Post
    I'm too much of a chicken to try those things. I have so many problems with inflaming and sudden lower body pain that I couldn't conscience it, esp not during my period when I'm in the most pain I'm going to be during the month. I stopped using tampons ages ago, and commercial pads make my skin feel raw and burned. I use the washable version, which isn't nearly so gross as some might initially think. Then again, as a vegan, my periods aren't nearly so heavy as that of my girlfriends. When I was a teenager, it could look like the battle of Agincourt in my nether-regions.

EDIT: The pill kicked my butt. I almost wound up in the ER because of it.
    I had problems with pads when Always added to their products 'dry weave'. Eventually my periods started getting longer than 7 days. The first two days where so heavy that I couldn't find a comercial pad to be absorbant enough for overnight. My midwife also said during my first pregnancy, that I shouldn't use products with 'dry weave' since they tend to dissolve stitches if I should tear.

So I started to do some research on the internet regarding alternatives and ended up buying from lundpads. Lunapads also offered a post partum kit that I found useful for my heavy flows. Before the pregnancy of my third child, I have to say that my period only lasted 5 days (5 years of washable pads) but I truely cannot say if it was the natural products or my pregnancies that changed my period. The shorter period is also why I ended up pregnant; I miscalulated the day of my ovulation.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w3
    Socionics
    IEI

Aha, all my roomies and suitemates are on the pill...I'm jealous. Their periods look like nothing and I'm the one in the fetal position. >.<

As for the OP, I am much too chicken to use something like that; tampons are hard enough for me to handle. Them, pads, and Midol, and I have my period weapons at the ready.
    4w3, IEI, so/sx/sp, female, and Cancer sign.

My thoughts on...
    Enneagram:
    Socionics:
    MBTI:

DISCLAIMER: If I offend you, I'm 99.9% sure it's unintentional. So be sure to let me know, m'kay? (And yes, an INFP would stick this in their signature, lol.)

MBTI
    TIGR
    Enneagram
    3w4
    Socionics
    EII None

kant, i totally agree. public restrooms are like giant petri dishes waiting to infect you. i avoid them as much as possible.
    Time is a delicate mistress.

I'm a newbie to it.. but i'm loving it. I haven't had any problems with the leaking. It was a bit strange getting used to getting into the right position at first. After I got that down, I could hardly tell it was there. If you don't get it high enough in (I have the Diva cup), then you can feel it. Practice and time makes it okay, really.

Of course, I was a little squimish at first seeing what was coming out of there... but hell, it's mine at least...good luck!

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    IEE

I made the mistake of not taking the utmost care with insertion

That's all I have to say about it.
    =universal solution

Twerking & Lurking ayoitsStepho's Avatar
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    4w3 so/sx

im sticking to pads. tampons freaked me out...plus i tend to be more turned on while im on my period than any other time, so placing a tampon in....it just isnt wise for me
    so i just do pads, period.
    Quote Originally Posted by MacGuffin View Post
    ayoitsStepho is becoming someone else. Actually her true self, a rite of passage.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

I've used them in the past, I think they're good for certain occasions ... like say, wanting to have sex while you're on your period...but other than that I think they're gross, messy, and awkward.

I use a combo of tampons and pads. Tampons when I go out, pads for comfort when I stay in + extra security when I sleep.