User Tag List

First 5678917 Last

Thread: Lady Cups

MBTI
    ENTP

I think I would like to try it, 12 hours is a long time so it would be nice to not worry about it. Except tampons are uncomfortable for me, I dont have a strong flow so it's always like a hard cotton stick up there. And yes, I have experimented with the different positions to insert the tampon and it's the same thing. The cup I'm assuming is a softer texture?

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram

Elaur, I probably ought to start a new thread for this or just PM you, but I can't say enough good things about the Mirena IUD. If you're considering ablation I assume it's because you have uncomfortable cycles? I did too, so when I asked my midwife about the copper IUD she suggested the Mirena instead (since the copper one can make periods heavier). I was concerned about the hormone but she said that it's only released locally inside the uterus and only a tiny amount gets into the bloodstream. So I decided since my insurance covered it, the worst that could happen is I ask them to take it out after a few weeks/months. But I didn't end up needing to do that and I've had it for 4 years now. My periods are like nothing. I'm totally a Mirena evangelist now.
    The one who buggers a fire burns his penis
    -anonymous graffiti in the basilica at Pompeii

MBTI
    Enfp
    Enneagram
    497 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEE Fi

Ivy, I have the same thing. Only, I've found the placement a nightmare and I'm scared for the removal of that thing too...

But yeah, once your body is used to it, it tends to work brilliantly. I have the odd series of cramps now and then, and the odd spotting, but nothing compared to before.
    ★ڿڰۣ✿ℒoѵℯ✿ڿڰۣ★

"Harm none, do as ye will”

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6
    Socionics
    ENFp

I had a bad experience with the pill in my 20s (low sex drive and didn't feel too good) so I've tried to avoid anything that wasn't "natural" - I don't know about an IUD or the drugs on it. My Dr. suggested an IUD, actually.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram

I also had a bad experience with the pill which is why I was concerned about the Mirena. My midwife was very vocal about it, though, that it is only a local hormone and doesn't cause the sex drive/mood problems I had with the pill.

I didn't find the placement to be much worse than a pap, but I've heard it can be pretty painful for women who have not given birth. I don't know if you have or not, Amargith, but I have heard that. If that's the case, I've also heard that removal is a cinch compared to insertion, so I hope that's the case for you.
    The one who buggers a fire burns his penis
    -anonymous graffiti in the basilica at Pompeii

MBTI
    Enfp
    Enneagram
    497 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEE Fi

Yeah...no kids yet *cringes at the idea of getting a new one*

I actually passed out afterwards from the pain and the getting up too sudden right after. I've heard that removal is worse than placement..but I'm hoping you're right

Still..it's 5 years of no worrying, so it does at least have that going for it.
    ★ڿڰۣ✿ℒoѵℯ✿ڿڰۣ★

"Harm none, do as ye will”

MBTI
    eNFJ
    Enneagram
    4w3 sx/so
    Socionics
    eNFJ Ni

I'm too much of a chicken to try those things. I have so many problems with inflaming and sudden lower body pain that I couldn't conscience it, esp not during my period when I'm in the most pain I'm going to be during the month. I stopped using tampons ages ago, and commercial pads make my skin feel raw and burned. I use the washable version, which isn't nearly so gross as some might initially think. Then again, as a vegan, my periods aren't nearly so heavy as that of my girlfriends. When I was a teenager, it could look like the battle of Agincourt in my nether-regions.

EDIT: The pill kicked my butt. I almost wound up in the ER because of it.
    eNFJ 4w3 sx/so 468 tritype
    Neutral Good
    EII-Fi subtype, Ethical/Empath, Delta/Beta
    RLUEI, Choleric/Melancholic
    Inquistive/Limbic
    AIS Holland code
    Researcher: VDI-P
    Dramatic>Sensitive>Serious

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    468 sx/sp
    Socionics
    EII None

Ablation works.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    8w9

Quote Originally Posted by proteanmix View Post
    OK, I've now used it two nights in a row. No leaking, didn't feel it.

I'm still having issues taking it out. What I'm doing is using my thumb to break the seal instead of grasping the base and pinching until the seal pops. It's easier for me although messier than what I'm reading. I'm not wearing it for the rest of my period because I think I need to give my cootchie a rest. It feels abused. From what I'm reading it takes about three cycles for most people to get the hang of it.

Menstrual Cups - Divacup, Mooncup, Instead, Lunette, Miacup has been a good resource.

I'm noticing when there's a co-ed discussion about things women really talk about things get pretty quiet from the guys. I was on that Museum of Menstruation website and in some country the word for women is "the person with red stuff running down their legs." I'm totally reaching back into my women's lit/history classes, but I think talking about periods ruins male fantasies in some sort of way. Like you're vagina should be queefing, or ejaculating, or wet, or ejecting ping pong balls, but not having yeast infections or bleeding.

Is this making sense?
    I just sort of reach till I am under the pubic bone and use just the tip of my finger to pull it out/pop the seal. It did take about three periods for me to get the hang of it too. I haven't used a tampon since the whole Rely tampons/toxic shock thing so I did feel a little battered as well.
    I like to rock n' roll all night and *part* of every day. I usually have errands... I can only rock from like 1-3.

MBTI
    INxJ

Quote Originally Posted by ceecee View Post
    I haven't used a tampon since the whole Rely tampons/toxic shock thing so I did feel a little battered as well.
    The chemicals in pads/tampons really aren't a good idea for absorption into the skin of such a delicate area. I'm suprised more women aren't concerned about it.