User Tag List

First 2345614 Last

Thread: Lady Cups

MBTI
    NSFW
    Enneagram
    6w7

^ That's what I'm talking about when it comes to removal. Sometimes I think it's more the *thought* of what I'm doing (the yanking on the cervix part) that freaks me out. Apparently if you run a finger up the outside and poke at the rim, that breaks the seal so you can get it out. I did try that before and it didn't make it any easier... I might have done it wrong, but am just too wussy to try again.

What I have discovered is that it's just the right size to make a little cap for my cat.
    Last edited by sciski; 09-01-2009 at 09:02 AM. Reason: Grammar!

Enneagram
    1w2

Quote Originally Posted by Ivy View Post
    You have to break the seal first, otherwise you're basically yanking on your cervix. It also helps to push a little to get to to where you can grasp it well.

Now I'm wondering why I know all this and have never used one myself. LOL
    Yanking on my cervix...that's basically what it felt like.

Sciski, I didn't feel nervous until I realized I'd put myself in speculum hell. And yes there are two sizes, for those over 30 and/or had children and those under 30. Evidently, when the clock strikes midnight on your 30th birthday a magical pumpkin carriage can fit easily in and out of your vagina.
    Relationships have normal ebbs and flows. They do not automatically get better and better when the participants learn more and more about each other. Instead, the participants have to work through the tensions of the relationship (the dialectic) while they learn and group themselves and a parties in a relationships. At times the relationships is very open and sharing. Other time, one or both parties to the relationship need their space, or have other concerns, and the relationship is less open. The theory posits that these cycles occur throughout the life of the relationship as the persons try to balance their needs for privacy and open relationship.
    Interpersonal Communication Theories and Concepts
    Social Penetration Theory 1
    Social Penetration Theory 2
    Social Penetration Theory 3

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by sciski View Post
    ^ That's what I'm talking about when it comes to removal. Sometimes I think it's more the *thought* of what I'm doing (the yanking on the cervix part) that freaks me out. Apparently if you run a finger up the outside and poke at the rim, that breaks the seal so you can get it out. I did try that before and it didn't make it any easier... I might have done it wrong, but am just too wussy to try again.

What I have discovered that it's just the right size to make a little cap for my cat.

Is it possible you're wearing it too high up? I would have assumed it would go snug up against the cervix but apparently it's not supposed to go that high. Also I think pinching it so it folds up a little is more effective at breaking the seal than just running your finger around the rim.
    The one who buggers a fire burns his penis
    -anonymous graffiti in the basilica at Pompeii

MBTI
    NSFW
    Enneagram
    6w7

It might have been too high. I am planning to try again at some stage.

I think my choice of cup also made a difference.. I went for the pinkcup not just for the pinkness, but because it's supposedly more flexible than the rest, which makes folding it/putting it in easier. This also makes getting it out harder because it's difficult to get a grip on something that yields so easily.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram

But I'll bet it looks SUPER cute on your cat!
    The one who buggers a fire burns his penis
    -anonymous graffiti in the basilica at Pompeii

MBTI
    NSFW
    Enneagram
    6w7

Well, pink is her colour.

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram
    7w8

Quote Originally Posted by proteanmix View Post
    Evidently, when the clock strikes midnight on your 30th birthday a magical pumpkin carriage can fit easily in and out of your vagina.
    Me and my vivid imagination...

MBTI
    ISFx
    Enneagram
    4w5

Quote Originally Posted by proteanmix View Post
    Yanking on my cervix...that's basically what it felt like.

Sciski, I didn't feel nervous until I realized I'd put myself in speculum hell. And yes there are two sizes, for those over 30 and/or had children and those under 30. Evidently, when the clock strikes midnight on your 30th birthday a magical pumpkin carriage can fit easily in and out of your vagina.
    However, I thought the sizes had to do with the cervix rather than the vagina.

Oberon

Quote Originally Posted by Aderack View Post
    I was once in someone's room, and I gestured to a strange receptacle on her desk. "What is this, anyway?" I asked.
    "My minstrel cup," I heard her respond.
    "Your what?"
    "Minstrel cup."
    "For... your minstrels? Or is this what you use when you play in front of the BART station?"
    "I put it in my vagina," she said, "and it collects menstrual fluid."
    "Oh." I paused. "So no minstrels, then."
    For my part, I'm really glad there's no longer such a thing as a "minstrel show."

Eww.

Oh dear GOD, no!!! I had NEVER heard of such a thing until I read this post. That would never work for me. I have a hard enough time with tampons. I'm so small in there, but I have a heavy flow most of the time. Getting a regular sized tampon to work is hard enough because I can feel it almost all of the time. If I can feel a tampon, I'll be able to feel a cup and that will drive me insane. Plus, it sounds like messy business whenever you have to change the thing out.

My friends call me a hippy a lot because of all of the recycling, natural products, and composting I do, but I cannot imagine doing this. Using biodegradable menstrual products is about as earth friendly as I can get on my period.
    Though thrown into banality, this is not who I am, not who I meant to be. I find my answers in my dreams.

"With one hand the past pushes us forward, and with the other it holds us back."

"All love, like fame, is fleeting, when there's no hope anymore."

"I wrestle alone in the dark, in the deep dark, and that only I can know,
    only I can understand. You live with the threat of my extinction, I live with it too."

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]"I long to be like you, lie cold in the ground like you." 10.3.2006