User Tag List

First 1234513 Last

Thread: Lady Cups

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    8w9

Quote Originally Posted by Ivy View Post
    Since you can leave it in for up to 12 hours, I imagine public restrooms are not that big of a deal. If you had to empty it every time you went to the toilet that could be inconvenient. I think if you had to you could empty it in the toilet, wipe it out with a tissue, and just wash it out when you get home.
    That's why I stick with the shower. It can be somewhat messy. You can do it on the toilet and to be honest, not much stays on them. I really do forget I'm using one. They're much more comfortable than a tampon. They're about $8 for a box of 8 or 10, I'd have to go look at how many are in there. You just toss and use a new one.
    I like to rock n' roll all night and *part* of every day. I usually have errands... I can only rock from like 1-3.

MBTI
    INTP

I know I'm a girl, and those probably shouldn't squick me out as much as they do, and yet, they do.
    Something Witty

insert random title here Randomnity's Avatar
    MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Ivy View Post
    Since you can leave it in for up to 12 hours...
    I didn't know that!

Can you feel it when it's in? is it hard to put in? (specifically the reusable one which would be the diva cup I guess)

How reliable is it in terms of leaking? ever had one leak? I'm pretty paranoid about that.

Now I'm interested though!
    -end of thread-

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    8w9

Quote Originally Posted by Randomnity View Post
    I didn't know that!

Can you feel it when it's in? is it hard to put in? (specifically the reusable one which would be the diva cup I guess)

How reliable is it in terms of leaking? ever had one leak? I'm pretty paranoid about that.

Now I'm interested though!
    I'd say they'd be along the lines of inserting a diaphragm. I nearly forgot I don't know how many times that it was in. I keep the box right on the windowsill next to the shower now so I don't forget. They are very comfortable. No leaking, even on heavy days.
    I like to rock n' roll all night and *part* of every day. I usually have errands... I can only rock from like 1-3.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram

I've never used one but I know many who have, and they all seem very pleased with them. Most of them report having some leaking in the beginning, before they really get the hang of making a good seal against the cervix. Apparently once you figure out exactly how to place it, it's a breeze.
    The one who buggers a fire burns his penis
    -anonymous graffiti in the basilica at Pompeii

MBTI
    NSFW
    Enneagram
    6w7

Any tips when it comes to removal? I have one of these (Pinkcup to be exact... it's adorable), but it's really hard to get it back out.

Quote Originally Posted by proteanmix View Post
    Whenever I want to freak out my guy friends I throw a (sealed) tampon at them. They scamper like rodents.
    But not the Prince of Wales.

Like a true Prince he let his future bride know that there was no greater honour than to be her very own tampon.

MBTI
    ISFx
    Enneagram
    4w5

I use washable pads ( Lunapads: Washable Cloth Menstrual Pads & The DivaCup Menstrual Cup ) and bought the diva cup. But then I found out I was pregnant so I haven't had a chance to try my cup.

Another site I thought interesting Museum of Menstruation and Women's Health

Enneagram
    1w2

Jesus take the wheel!

I just took it out. To say it was unpleasant is a vast understatement. Putting it in is deceptively easy. I need some techniques or I just wasted $32.99 + tax.
    Relationships have normal ebbs and flows. They do not automatically get better and better when the participants learn more and more about each other. Instead, the participants have to work through the tensions of the relationship (the dialectic) while they learn and group themselves and a parties in a relationships. At times the relationships is very open and sharing. Other time, one or both parties to the relationship need their space, or have other concerns, and the relationship is less open. The theory posits that these cycles occur throughout the life of the relationship as the persons try to balance their needs for privacy and open relationship.
    Interpersonal Communication Theories and Concepts
    Social Penetration Theory 1
    Social Penetration Theory 2
    Social Penetration Theory 3

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram

You have to break the seal first, otherwise you're basically yanking on your cervix. It also helps to push a little to get to to where you can grasp it well.

Now I'm wondering why I know all this and have never used one myself. LOL
    The one who buggers a fire burns his penis
    -anonymous graffiti in the basilica at Pompeii