• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Lady Cups

Philosorapteuse

right on the left wing
MBTI Type
INTP
just crossed my mind...
I wonder if these things can break inside of you if you had some kind of accident that resulted in trauma. :shocking:

I'd be very surprised. They're very flexible. Can't imagine it unless you'de been, like, stabbed in that area or a shard of bone went through it or something, in which case I think a) nobody would notice it leaking b) a new cup is the least of your problems! :shock:

Lexicon

Temporal Mechanic
Staff member
MBTI Type
JINX
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I'd be very surprised. They're very flexible. Can't imagine it unless you'de been, like, stabbed in that area or a shard of bone went through it or something, in which case I think a) nobody would notice it leaking b) a new cup is the least of your problems! :shock:

..I think I'll stick with cotton..

Lady cups still just make me think of the hippie chicks saving their blood for their menstrual paintings. I can't get that out of my head... I'd be reminded of it with every use.
I'm a terrible person, haha.

CzeCze

RETIRED
MBTI Type
GONE
..I think I'll stick with cotton..

Lady cups still just make me think of the hippie chicks saving their blood for their menstrual paintings. I can't get that out of my head... I'd be reminded of it with every use.
I'm a terrible person, haha.

If you do use cotton, use the unbleached variety. The hippies did get some things right. :p As for breaking or "getting lost", tampons run the same risks. As do male condoms. I've heard a number of stories 1st and 2nd hand about women going to the OBGYN because they aren't able to retrieve something themselves.

And...I think I missed an interesting post or story about this "blood painting" because I don't get the reference. :sadface:

Lexicon

Temporal Mechanic
Staff member
MBTI Type
JINX
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
If you do use cotton, use the unbleached variety. The hippies did get some things right. :p As for breaking or "getting lost", tampons run the same risks. As do male condoms. I've heard a number of stories 1st and 2nd hand about women going to the OBGYN because they aren't able to retrieve something themselves.

ah, yeah.. I've never had issues with standard like uh, store brands of fem care products, but I'll take your word for it. I can't say I had any getting lost issues, thankfully, with any of that, & don't sleep with anyone, so I think my lady parts are relatively safe, hah.

And...I think I missed an interesting post or story about this "blood painting" because I don't get the reference. :sadface:

:holy: Oh. Well.
Let me show you.

http://www.typologycentral.com/foru...eces-err-snatching-glimpse-menstrual-art.html

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
just crossed my mind...
I wonder if these things can break inside of you if you had some kind of accident that resulted in trauma. :shocking:

The Diva is made of silicone. It's basically like rubber, so it would probably do some bruising at worse if there was blunt force trauma.

kyuuei

Emperor/Dictator
MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
The Diva is made of silicone. It's basically like rubber, so it would probably do some bruising at worse if there was blunt force trauma.

If anything at all, it's pretty flexible.

Ivy

Strongly Ambivalent
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
I think you'd have to break your pelvis before there'd even be bruising. Otherwise, all your pelvic soft tissue is encased in that shell. Your uterus doesn't even rise above the top of the pelvic bone until you're several weeks pregnant.

gromit

likes this
Sooo... I am currently wearing one for the first time. Put it in last night. I adjusted to it being there pretty easily/quickly. Removing it is a little harder, seems like there is a bit of a learning curve.

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
this thread is still going? I think this a record for the longest period thread ever, you should approach guiness book of world records and find out.

Chiharu

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I know it's a good idea but it just sounds... icky. Like... sloshy? :sick:

kyuuei

Emperor/Dictator
MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
Sooo... I am currently wearing one for the first time. Put it in last night. I adjusted to it being there pretty easily/quickly. Removing it is a little harder, seems like there is a bit of a learning curve.

A *definite* learning curve.. I don't know if I'm just the world's worst girl or what. I'm thinking of trying a different one with a longer tail to see if that will help.

I know it's a good idea but it just sounds... icky. Like... sloshy? :sick:

It is definitely just as icky as tampons if not more. (I always found the string getting wet at all from peeing between changes to be really icky and it seems like no amount of maneuvering completely prevents this. In comparison, your hands definitely get a little dirty especially during the learning curve.)

It's probably a bigger pain in the ass when changing it in a public restroom of some sort. In the shower is best, on the toilet at home with a sink nearby is just as good, a friend's house with a bidet is really awesome, and anywhere else it kind of sucks unless you carry a purse with a washing bottle and/or wipes in it.

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
I still use tampons-probably gonna die tss it's ok i'll remember you if you will remember me doot doot doot

kyuuei

Emperor/Dictator
MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
I still use tampons-probably gonna die tss it's ok i'll remember you if you will remember me doot doot doot

I do too occasionally. I really do like the reusable pads, and my IUD is keeping my periods so light that I only need a tampon occasionally so the cost isn't so great.