Enneagram
    7w6
    Socionics
    ENFp

Any updates? I'm seeing what I think of the diva cup

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram

For an update.. I got the items I purchased in today.

Two large cloth pads with multiple liners, a diva cup model 1, seven cloth pantyliners, and laundry equipment for them all.

I have to wait for the next cycle.. first impression: the diva cups size is intimidating to me.

But I am loving the liners. Those shitty disposable ones get wrinkled and destroyed within 2 hours of this desert heat. They do nothing. These are durable, comfortable, they breathe, and although they do have a tendancy to slip back or forth a bit too far they are easily adjusted and still so much better. If the other products do as well as these I'm sold for life.

Huge bonus to not have to buy products infront of the men I work with on a daily basis.
    Kantgirl: Just say "I'm feminine and I'll punch anyone who says otherwise!"
    Halla74: Think your way through the world. Feel your way through life.

Cimarron: maybe Prpl will be your girl-bud
    prplchknz: i don't like it

In Search Of... ... Kiwi Sketch Art ... Dream Journal ... Kyuuei's Cook book ... Kyu's Tiny House Blog ... Minimalist Challenge ... Kyu's Savings Challenge

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram

Well I got to test drive all of the products this past cycle.

The diva cup's size is intimidating to wear, and a bit uncomfortable.. I got back pains in my lower back, and the diva cup ladies emailed me saying I was wearing it wrong and it should be lower down--but I do insert it as low as it'll go, it just slips.. upwards.. throughout the day into a particular spot it seems to like. I had some leaking from it, so I suppose I don't really have the thing down yet, but I definitely feel it in comparison to a slimmer item like a tampon. It was a bit of a panic-mode factor too trying to 'fish' it out when it did ride a bit high.. it took me forever to get the damn thing out. It was just an uncomfortable experience.

The reusable pads, however, were absolutely delightful. It is the first time I haven't chaffed from using a pad. Easy to clean, and comfortable, they were a bit bigger feeling but when I put clothing on I could not tell the difference at all, so there's no diaper-like bulging there. Infact, they were so delightful that I had them STOLEN from my laundry (ick?!). So I had to re-order a set of new ones with the discounts I got from my first order.

I think the cup would be better if there was a more petite size, and if it had a sort of 'handle' that rested outside that kept it from slipping upwards and made it easier to remove.. Im scared to try it again honestly.

In Search Of... ... Kiwi Sketch Art ... Dream Journal ... Kyuuei's Cook book ... Kyu's Tiny House Blog ... Minimalist Challenge ... Kyu's Savings Challenge

right on the left wing Philosorapteuse's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP

I love my moonup UK and will happily evangelise about it to anyone who stands still long enough. There's a learning curve when you first get one - took me a little while to perfect the removal technique - but once I'd got the hang of it, it was a dream. Wouldn't go back for anything. It's not linked to TSS. It lasts longer before needing a change than any pad or tampon. I can wear it "just in case". It's cheaper. It's so comfy I literally forget I'm wearing it. It feels so much cleaner than pads, which are horrible and sticky and I can always smell when someone wearing one and *yeuch*. It's comfier than tampons because it doesn't dry you out inside. It doesn't leak like pads or tampons. I don't have to remember to bring extra supplies with me. I don't need a sanitary bin. It's even environmentally friendly.

Cleaner, cheaper, greener, comfier, more convenient. Nope, can't think of anything I don't prefer about it.
    "A great many people think they are thinking when they are merely rearranging their prejudices." --William James

I'd be a card-carrying sensotard, but I can't find the goddamn card.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by Laurie View Post
    Any updates? I'm seeing what I think of the diva cup
    I've been using a Diva for about ten months ago, and aside from trimming the ..um...handle?...so that it won't irritate my inner labia, I've no complaints. It's much more ecological and economical than tampons, and yes, I still have to buy pads for my very heaviest days (1 or 2 days per month, and mostly at night) but it's still less than what I used before.

It's also less drying than a tampon.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by kyuuei View Post
    I think the cup would be better if there was a more petite size, and if it had a sort of 'handle' that rested outside that kept it from slipping upwards and made it easier to remove.. Im scared to try it again honestly.
    Wow everyone is so different. I actually TRIMMED the handle so that it would not chafe the downwards, not so it wouldn't slip upwards.

And I agree they are made big. I am in my early 30's and have been sexually active since my teens and I am still a size 1 (even though it says order a size 2 over age thirty AND/OR if you've had children, just disregard that if you don't feel good about it, because I was right about mine).

right on the left wing Philosorapteuse's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP

Mmm, I cut the stem right off mine. It didn't work anyway, and it only made me sore.
    "A great many people think they are thinking when they are merely rearranging their prejudices." --William James

I'd be a card-carrying sensotard, but I can't find the goddamn card.

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by Marmotini View Post
    Wow everyone is so different. I actually TRIMMED the handle so that it would not chafe the downwards, not so it wouldn't slip upwards.

And I agree they are made big. I am in my early 30's and have been sexually active since my teens and I am still a size 1 (even though it says order a size 2 over age thirty AND/OR if you've had children, just disregard that if you don't feel good about it, because I was right about mine).
    I had major issues with it slipping up way too high.. I literally spent two minutes trying to grasp the tail end of it to be able to get enough grip to pull it out. It was a bit scary--I panicked and thought I would have to go to the EMF for a moment to get a doctor to fish it out because I just could NOT get it. Also the email said I should have been able to twist it 360 degrees without trouble, but I couldn't get it to budge even a little bit one way or the other, moreless twist it all the way around. I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong with it. I hardly feel a tampon while it is in, but the cup I definitely feel it pushing against the sides of me to create that seal. If it weren't for the back pains I get from it when it slips up I could deal with that. I also am unsure if I can use the latrine while it is in--it says it only needs replacing in 12 hours.. does that mean bathroom breaks don't require it to be pulled out each time?

Quote Originally Posted by Philosorapteuse View Post
    Mmm, I cut the stem right off mine. It didn't work anyway, and it only made me sore.
    I know this is very stereotypical of me to say, but I thought you were a boy up until this post.

MBTI
    JINX
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

I always wondered how those new age chicks saved their precious moon blood for their paintings.
    03/23 06:06:58 EcK: lex
    03/23 06:06:59 EcK: lex
    03/23 06:21:34 Nancynobullets: LEXXX *sacrifices a first born*
    03/23 06:21:53 Nancynobullets: We summon yooouuu
    03/23 06:29:07 Lexicon: I was sleeping!

04/25 04:20:35 Patches: Don't listen to lex. She wants to birth a litter of kittens. She doesnt get to decide whats creepy

02/16 23:49:38 ygolo: Lex is afk
    02/16 23:49:45 Cimarron: she's doing drugs with Jack

03/05 19:27:41 Time: You can't make chat morbid. Lex does it naturally.

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by Lexicon View Post
    I always wondered how those new age chicks saved their precious moon blood for their paintings.
    Oh god why won't you let that die.. @_@ !!