User Tag List

First 51314151617 Last

Thread: Lady Cups

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram

Kantgirl: Just say "I'm feminine and I'll punch anyone who says otherwise!"
    Halla74: Think your way through the world. Feel your way through life.

Cimarron: maybe Prpl will be your girl-bud
    prplchknz: i don't like it

In Search Of... ... Kiwi Sketch Art ... Dream Journal ... Kyuuei's Cook book ... Kyu's Tiny House Blog ... Minimalist Challenge ... Kyu's Savings Challenge

A window to the soul

Ugh.

MBTI
    yupp

Quote Originally Posted by Elaur View Post
    Oh, I also found out NOT to search pink lady instead of lady cups on Amazon. It's still suggesting flesh lights to me.
    in that case you should totes buy a flesh light.
    In no likes experiment.

that is all

i dunno what else to say so

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6
    Socionics
    ENFp

Quote Originally Posted by Nerd Girl View Post
    Ugh.
    ??

A window to the soul

Sighs.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6
    Socionics
    ENFp

I'm actually asking what you mean? Your posts aren't very informative. Us talking about it bothers you? The subject itself? Seeing this thread?

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    468 sx/sp
    Socionics
    EII None

Quote Originally Posted by kyuuei View Post
    I have not actually. My plan currently is to sterilize myself with an ensure or whatever it's called later on in life, and for now just stick to good old fashioned careful sex and finding things to make menses less of an inconvenience for my crazy schedule. Have you tried it? did it have any adverse effects? I'm becoming more of a hippy by the day, so hormones are starting to freak me out slowly but surely. Birth control is just a no-no for me right now.
    I did try it, and it didn't work for me, but that's because I had dysfunctional uterine bleeding at the time rather than normal periods. My roommate, however, used Depo to stop her periods just because she was an athlete and tired of having to deal with it, and it worked for her extremely well. I have also just stayed on the pill (with the doctor's permission) with no break for bleeding, and that worked beautifully for me, too.

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by Tiltyred View Post
    I did try it, and it didn't work for me, but that's because I had dysfunctional uterine bleeding at the time rather than normal periods. My roommate, however, used Depo to stop her periods just because she was an athlete and tired of having to deal with it, and it worked for her extremely well. I have also just stayed on the pill (with the doctor's permission) with no break for bleeding, and that worked beautifully for me, too.
    Did she mention having issues with spotting and things of that nature? The only thing that looked potentially more annoying than having a semi-guessable bleeding period was the potential for it to bleed anytime and thus having to wear something constantly just in case. I had wanted to try a BC that reduced periods to like 4 times a year, but it said the first year has many issues with spotting and I was just not down for that.

Also, is there weight gain involved with the Depo shot? If spotting isn't too big of a concern and weight gain isn't a factor I may very well look into this.. It would help a lot.
    Kantgirl: Just say "I'm feminine and I'll punch anyone who says otherwise!"
    Halla74: Think your way through the world. Feel your way through life.

Cimarron: maybe Prpl will be your girl-bud
    prplchknz: i don't like it

In Search Of... ... Kiwi Sketch Art ... Dream Journal ... Kyuuei's Cook book ... Kyu's Tiny House Blog ... Minimalist Challenge ... Kyu's Savings Challenge

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram

I would recommend the Mirena except that it also has spotting issues for the first.. not usually a whole year, but plenty of time for it not to be practical for you when you're going to be in the field.

But after the kinks get worked out, this thing is heaven. Seriously. I love it with all of my body and soul.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    468 sx/sp
    Socionics
    EII None

I got the Depo shot twice and although it didn't work for my issues, I didn't have a problem with weight gain. Neither did my roommate. I'd think you could take care of spotting with a lady cup until it has worked itself out. I've said this before, probably in this thread, but for convenience I'll say again -- you don't ever have to actually stop the pill unless you like to see yourself bleed. What you're having when you're on the pill is not really a period anyway. There's no reason to go off it for a week. So if you can take any kind of pill, just ask your doctor to prescribe it so you can take the active pills every day and throw out the placebo, et voila, no period. I did that for many years with no ill effects whatsoever.