User Tag List

First 31112131415 Last

Results 121 to 130 of 214

Thread: Lady Cups

  1. #121
    A window to the soul
    Guest

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ivy View Post
    You keep using the word context. I don't think it means what you think it means.
    Sure it does.

    Quote Originally Posted by Ivy View Post
    People touch doors and sink knobs and wash their tamponny hands in the sink, too. Not sure why it's so much worse except that it's outside your experience. Also, did you know people shit in bathrooms and then have to touch things on their way to the sink to wash up? True story. That's also not sanitary. That's why you WASH YOUR HANDS.
    Classy. Not sure how you're making such a mess. One two words, TP. (I would think you would want to minimize the spreading of biological material around the bathroom before you ever make it to the sink.)

    Context: [The Lady Cup requires you to reach up inside of yourself using your fingers. Your tampon and crap examples do not require you to do that. With that simple understanding of the reality of the surrounding facts, one can have good hygiene in the bathroom with TP and thorough washing of their hands. Throw in a Lady Cup and because of the REUSABLE invasive nature of it, installed using your fingers to go in deep to pop it in, you can easily introduce bacteria/disease into your body AND spread your body fluids around the bathroom.]

    Have you ever considered why this cup concept is not popular in the western world after being around since the early 1930's? because no matter how the poor/lazy/hippies try to spin it, this product reeks of poor hygiene and the spread of disease.

    I was curious, so I read about this or similar products in blogs on the web. This is what Cup users are bragging about (see bulleted list below). Note: the "poor hygiene" title is my opinion...

    POOR HYGiENE:
    • They leave it in for 12-hours. Gross and lazy! (Should be replaced every 3-5.)
    • They rinse it in the sink or shower or wipe it with TP and reuse. GROSS AND LAZY! A product like that should be thrown away or boiled in water. (I would be moritifed if someone ever came over to my house with that nasty thing and stayed the weekend. Would you rinse your nasty cup in my bathroom sink where I wash my face and brush my teeth? Better yet, in my tub or shower where I might come into contact with particles of your blood & tissue?? I hope you would think of me and bleach my bathroom after you're through. Let the bleach soak for about 10-mins before you rinse. Don't even think about using my pans for boiling it.)
    • Users warned it's very slimey when they reach in with their fingers and fish/pop out the cup and it's messy. (One girl said she was on vacation and it slipped out of her bloody fingers and fell in the hotel toilet. She said she just rinsed it in hot water and reinserted.) GROSS AND STUPID!


    Quote Originally Posted by Ivy View Post
    PS, I don't think most people rinse their cup in the public bathroom sink- everyone I know who uses one says they do the same as Proteanmix except without the gloves. The gloves are a good idea, though.
    Even what Proteanmix said doesn't solve all of the poor hygiene issues. It helps to prevent the spread of your body fluids around the bathroom, but that's about it.

    I find it hard to believe that anyone would just wipe something down that had been in their body for hours, wipe it down with TP or a wet wipe and reinsert it (unsanitized) AND use (ungloved) fingers to reach up inside of themselves to do it? Talk about nasty! The bacteria is alive and well on your Lady Cup.

    In a public bathroom, you should be concerned about "staph". Amongst other things.

  2. #122
    Senior Member prplchknz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    MBTI
    yupp
    Posts
    29,776

    Default

    actually why one should change tampons isn't really a hygiene issue, its a TSS issue if TSS wasn't a risk it make more sense to leave it in until it's full
    In no likes experiment.

    that is all

    i dunno what else to say so

  3. #123
    Ginkgo
    Guest

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Nerd Girl View Post
    Sure it does.


    Classy. Not sure how you're making such a mess. One word, TP. (I would think you would want to minimize the spreading of biological material around the bathroom before you ever make it to the sink.)

    Context: [The Lady Cup requires you to reach up inside of yourself using your fingers. Your tampon and crap examples do not require you to do that. With that simple understanding of the reality of the surrounding facts of ones bathroom experience, one can have good hygiene in the bathroom with TP and thorough washing of their hands. Throw in a Lady Cup and because of the invasive nature of it, you can easily introduce bacteria into your body AND spread your body fluids around the bathroom.]

    Have you ever considered why this cup concept is not popular in the western world after being around since the early 1930's? because no matter how the poor/lazy/hippies try to spin it, this product reeks of poor hygiene and the spread of disease.

    I was curious, so I read about this or similar products in blogs on the web. This is what Cup users are bragging about (see bulleted list below). Note: the "poor hygiene" title is my opinion...

    POOR HYGiENE:
    • They leave it in for 12-hours. Gross and lazy! (Should be replaced every 3-5.)
    • They rinse it in the sink or shower or wipe it with TP and reuse. GROSS! A product like that should be thrown away or boiled in water. (I would be moritifed if someone ever came over to my house with that nasty thing and stay the weekend. Would you rinse your nasty cup in my bathroom sink where I wash my face and brush my teeth? Better yet, in my tub or shower where I might come into contact with particles of your blood & tissue?? I hope you would think of me and bleach my bathroom after you're through. Let the bleach soak for about 10-mins before you rinse. Don't even think about using my pans for boiling it.)
    • Users warned it's very slimey when they reach in with their fingers and fish/pop out the cup and it's messy. One girl said she was on vacation and it slipped out of her bloody fingers and fell in the hotel toilet. She said she just rinsed it in hot water and reinserted. GROSS!



    Even what Proteanmix said doesn't solve the poor hygiene issue. It helps to prevent the spread of your body fluids around the bathroom, but that's about it.

    I find it hard to believe that anyone would just wipe something down that had been in their body for hours, wipe it down with TP or a wet wipe and reinsert it (unsanitized) AND use (ungloved) fingers to reach up inside of themselves to do it? Talk about nasty! The bacteria is alive and well on your Lady Cup.

    In a public bathroom, you should be concerned about staff. I can't imagine any sane, logical, classy person using a Cup. I'm guessing that's why it's not mass marketed in the Western World.
    I've been doing it all wrong. My life is a sham.

  4. #124
    Strongly Ambivalent Ivy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6
    Posts
    24,060

    Default

    Nothing you say makes any damn sense. If your objection is just that it grosses you out and doesn't appeal to you, that's fine. Nobody is forcing you to use it. But when your reasons are stupid, you're going to get corrected.

    You don't have to make a visible mess to spread germs on your way from the toilet to the sink, whether you've removed a tampon, cup, or just peed or pooped while you were in there. TP is great, but it's no substitute for washing your hands. Gross that you think it is.

    If your houseguests take a shower at your house while they have their periods, they're going to get period blood and tissue in your shower. If you have a problem with that, feel free to make whatever rules you like about "no houseguests on their periods" since it's your house, though.

    prpl is correct that 3-5 hours is specific to tampons because of TSS.

  5. #125
    insert random title here Randomnity's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/sx
    Posts
    9,489

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Nerd Girl View Post
    Sure it does.


    Classy. Not sure how you're making such a mess. One two words, TP. (I would think you would want to minimize the spreading of biological material around the bathroom before you ever make it to the sink.)

    Context: [The Lady Cup requires you to reach up inside of yourself using your fingers. Your tampon and crap examples do not require you to do that. With that simple understanding of the reality of the surrounding facts, one can have good hygiene in the bathroom with TP and thorough washing of their hands. Throw in a Lady Cup and because of the REUSABLE invasive nature of it, installed using your fingers to go in deep to pop it in, you can easily introduce bacteria/disease into your body AND spread your body fluids around the bathroom.]

    Have you ever considered why this cup concept is not popular in the western world after being around since the early 1930's? because no matter how the poor/lazy/hippies try to spin it, this product reeks of poor hygiene and the spread of disease.

    I was curious, so I read about this or similar products in blogs on the web. This is what Cup users are bragging about (see bulleted list below). Note: the "poor hygiene" title is my opinion...

    POOR HYGiENE:
    • They leave it in for 12-hours. Gross and lazy! (Should be replaced every 3-5.)
    • They rinse it in the sink or shower or wipe it with TP and reuse. GROSS AND LAZY! A product like that should be thrown away or boiled in water. (I would be moritifed if someone ever came over to my house with that nasty thing and stayed the weekend. Would you rinse your nasty cup in my bathroom sink where I wash my face and brush my teeth? Better yet, in my tub or shower where I might come into contact with particles of your blood & tissue?? I hope you would think of me and bleach my bathroom after you're through. Let the bleach soak for about 10-mins before you rinse. Don't even think about using my pans for boiling it.)
    • Users warned it's very slimey when they reach in with their fingers and fish/pop out the cup and it's messy. (One girl said she was on vacation and it slipped out of her bloody fingers and fell in the hotel toilet. She said she just rinsed it in hot water and reinserted.) GROSS AND STUPID!



    Even what Proteanmix said doesn't solve all of the poor hygiene issues. It helps to prevent the spread of your body fluids around the bathroom, but that's about it.

    I find it hard to believe that anyone would just wipe something down that had been in their body for hours, wipe it down with TP or a wet wipe and reinsert it (unsanitized) AND use (ungloved) fingers to reach up inside of themselves to do it? Talk about nasty! The bacteria is alive and well on your Lady Cup.

    In a public bathroom, you should be concerned about "staph". Amongst other things.
    Huh, I guess you never eat any finger food without sterile gloves or introduce any fingers, penises, vibrators/dildos, tampons, non-autoclaved utensils, or other objects into any of your orifices. Well, whatever makes you happy.

    (According to wikipedia, tampons are not sterile either - "The majority of tampons sold are made of rayon, or a blend of rayon and cotton. Organic cotton tampons are made from only 100% cotton. Tampons are sold individually wrapped to keep them clean. Since the vagina is not a sterile body cavity, and for the most part contains “good bacteria”, there is no need for any menstrual device to be sterilized." So you might as well start freaking out about tampons now. The More You Know.)
    -end of thread-

  6. #126
    Senior Member prplchknz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    MBTI
    yupp
    Posts
    29,776

    Default

    I don't use them not because I'm squeemish but because i'm scared of the pain. I don't like pain very well i'm sort of scared of ripping my clitoris off
    In no likes experiment.

    that is all

    i dunno what else to say so

  7. #127
    A window to the soul
    Guest

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ivy View Post
    Nothing you say makes any damn sense. If your objection is just that it grosses you out and doesn't appeal to you, that's fine. Nobody is forcing you to use it. But when your reasons are stupid, you're going to get corrected.

    You don't have to make a visible mess to spread germs on your way from the toilet to the sink, whether you've removed a tampon, cup, or just peed or pooped while you were in there. TP is great, but it's no substitute for washing your hands. Gross that you think it is.

    If your houseguests take a shower at your house while they have their periods, they're going to get period blood and tissue in your shower. If you have a problem with that, feel free to make whatever rules you like about "no houseguests on their periods" since it's your house, though.

    prpl is correct that 3-5 hours is specific to tampons because of TSS.
    Maybe this will make more sense...

    The menstrual cup technology has been around since at least the 1930's, so why doesn't WalMart carry them in all of their stores? And why do the WalMart stores that carry them, only carry one brand?

    Quote Originally Posted by Randomnity View Post
    Huh, I guess you never eat any finger food without sterile gloves or introduce any fingers, penises, vibrators/dildos, tampons, non-autoclaved utensils, or other objects into any of your orifices. Well, whatever makes you happy.
    Is blood involved? Do penises stay in for 12-hours? I don't use vibrators/dildos. My eating utensils are washed in a dishwasher. I carry hand sanitizer with me everywhere. I have this little keychain with sanitizer from Bath and Body Works.

    <--Nerd Girl.

    I must be doing something right because I have never had any female problems, infections or anything like that. Not kidding. How many women can say that?

    Quote Originally Posted by Randomnity View Post
    (According to wikipedia, tampons are not sterile either - "The majority of tampons sold are made of rayon, or a blend of rayon and cotton. Organic cotton tampons are made from only 100% cotton. Tampons are sold individually wrapped to keep them clean. Since the vagina is not a sterile body cavity, and for the most part contains “good bacteria”, there is no need for any menstrual device to be sterilized." So you might as well start freaking out about tampons now. The More You Know.)
    I understand that. Good hygiene practices are necessary with both products for the benefit of yourself and others.

    I will say I've noticed a pattern in the feedback on the cups. Folks are raving about how they leave it in for an entire day before the cup runneth over. I've even read stupid people on the WalMart website bragging about having sex with the Softcup in. It also supports my theory that people aren't really concerned with their health or the health of others with regard to this product. They are concerned with the convenience of rediculously long-term usage before leakage and cleaning the device half-ass.

    BTW, I was reading about how Softcup is a disposable product and is not intended for reuse like the Lady Cup. Sounds like a much better option for the cup lovers.

    Quote Originally Posted by prplchknz View Post
    I don't like pain very well i'm sort of scared of ripping my clitoris off
    +1. Imagine taking that walk of shame into the ER.

  8. #128

    Default

    A former coworker of mine was a total Instead Softcups convert. She highly recommended them to me. I've been considering trying them because I'm on bc now and my periods are so much lighter. If I wasn't on bc, I don't think I could hang. My normal periods are very, very heavy.

    www.softcup.com



    My other concern is that because of my thyroid/kidney stone issue, I now develop UTI's easily. I'd be concerned this would aggravate that. I guess there's only one way to find out.

    My old coworker also told me that she was able to have sex with it in, no problem. I don't know if it gives the okay on the package, but I was surprised by that.
    "The purpose of life is to be defeated by greater and greater things." - Rainer Maria Rilke

  9. #129
    Emperor/Dictator kyuuei's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram
    8
    Posts
    13,877

    Default

    Edit: I spent so long replying I didn't even make a post.

    I'm ordering a series of reusable pads and a diva cup today. I plan to try using them as soon as I'm back from Uganda. Reasons are following:

    - Reusable means that with proper maintenance I will never have an embarrassing situation where I've run out and had to run to the store. It also means no more buying these sort of things in the eyes of men--and when I work with men day in and out and use a buddy system, EVERYONE knows when I'm on it or when I need products for it. It's a bit embarrassing and something a bit more private for me.
    - Cost. If it works out well enough, the cost of these items with laundry and proper soaps and sterilization means that it'll pay for itself in three years. Since I figure this will be the life span of the products, it means that they cost no more or less than disposables. Just a bit more of my time, something I don't mind.
    - The diva cup offers something I cannot stress the importance of enough being a woman in the military--Not taking a bathroom break every 3 hours. It's just not feasible to change a tampon every 3-5 hours for a female.. Even if you WANT to, situations arise where you can't. There have also been situations where I've had to keep a dirty tampon in a snack-bag ziploc in my pocket for hours before I can properly dispose of it because of field exercises. Talk about disgusting. Not NEEDING a latrine every few hours is really important to completing missions without worries.. Nothing distracts you like being worried about if you're bleeding through your uniform and the potential embarrassment of everyone seeing it.

    I've emailed the diva cup website to look into alternatives for satisfactory sterilization other than boiling water, but I think it will come down to a bleach solution and allowing it air dry and then rinsing it with hot water and allowing it to air dry once more.

    Anyways, I'll write reviews on the pads and the cup once I receive them and let ya'll know how gross or awesome they are. Keep in mind, blood doesn't gross me out.. never has. Never understood how people can cut their arm and not worry about it, but freak out at the sight of period blood.

    Quote Originally Posted by Nerd Girl View Post
    Sure it does.

    Context: [The Lady Cup requires you to reach up inside of yourself using your fingers. Your tampon and crap examples do not require you to do that. With that simple understanding of the reality of the surrounding facts, one can have good hygiene in the bathroom with TP and thorough washing of their hands. Throw in a Lady Cup and because of the REUSABLE invasive nature of it, installed using your fingers to go in deep to pop it in, you can easily introduce bacteria/disease into your body AND spread your body fluids around the bathroom.]
    It is true that this CAN be very gross very quickly if people are not clean about it. The website for Diva Cup, the leading reusable brand, states you not only should wash your hands before you utilize the latrine and after, but also to use a mild detergent and water to wash it (with a specific technique to ensure all residues are removed, even the tiny breathing holes) with each removal, a particular way to remove it so that no spillage occurs (no blood will get on your hands this way, since it is all in the cup and above the areas you are touching) and you should boil the entire thing for 10 minutes in rolling boiling water to sterilize it after each cycle, and also to ensure you keep it in a clean breathable bag to allow for the device to stay safe between uses. These are all very effective measures for keeping the gross factor out of the cup. They also state the life of the cup is only 2 years, and that it should be replaced by then.. so you're not using the same cup for years on end either.

    And to be honest, this is about a sterile as anything can get. all of those measures create an effective and clean reusable cycle.

    Have you ever considered why this cup concept is not popular in the western world after being around since the early 1930's? because no matter how the poor/lazy/hippies try to spin it, this product reeks of poor hygiene and the spread of disease.
    I'd say what stores make available, what is advertised, and what is educated on is what makes all the difference. People like convenience. Americans like to throw things away, and think it magically disappears when the garbage man takes it away. But that isn't really the reality of the situation. you pay for convenience, so it isn't cheaper in the long run (though the short run--definitely.) People are socially susceptible to thinking that things like periods are gross and disgusting rather than a fairly normal thing (Most people I know don't even shudder at getting a scratch that bleeds.. but seeing period blood will make them sick to their stomach. socialization has a lot to do with that. It isn't really a rational thing.) People would rather pay for something that they can use right away and forget about, than to take a few moments to do something like sterilize a cup properly. It's just the society we live in.

    [*]They leave it in for 12-hours. Gross and lazy! (Should be replaced every 3-5.)
    I'd argue keeping an overnight pad on and sleeping in is just as lazy and gross. The pad doesn't dry, or breathe, holds moisture and the blood right up to the vagina all night.
    A tampon left in overnight is 6-8 hours, which isn't too much better. Even if you're diligent during the day, you have to sleep sometime. Also, it dries out the vagina, keeping it from cleaning itself (which is what the vagina does. It isn't a sterile area by any means, but it does clean itself.. and it needs its own fluids to do that. The tampons absorb everything, not just fluid.)

    nothing is really 100% not 'gross' about the whole process.. But I don't think a cup is less hygienic.

    I'd also argue that worrying about bacteria on things like showers and sinks is nonsense. Flushing a toilet without closing the lid (something most people do) throws bacteria all OVER the bathroom, studies again and again have shown it. So why don't you die from typhoid and dysentery the next time you brush your teeth? The amount is so minute, and you've lived around it all your life, that it won't hurt you. your body has defenses that keep things like traces of bad bacteria from messing you up every time and forcing you to live in a bubble.

    Also, using a pan to boil it means that the water won't allow bacteria to grow. Have you never boiled your hairbrushes and combs? You boil those to kill germs and bacteria and sterilize them every so often.. But boiling means the pan doesn't get all messy and gross and unusable in the process. I think that the socialized "periods are gross" thought process creates these germaphobe mentalities. The danger of touching someone else's period blood just isn't there. At least, no more than with disposables.

    Users warned it's very slimey when they reach in with their fingers and fish/pop out the cup and it's messy. (One girl said she was on vacation and it slipped out of her bloody fingers and fell in the hotel toilet. She said she just rinsed it in hot water and reinserted.) GROSS AND STUPID!
    Knowing how to properly use it means it popping out and 'splashing' will never happen. The website also states that the cup being exposed to any unsanitary conditions like a toilet should just be replaced to be on the safe side. What people actually do is their business.

    Is blood involved? Do penises stay in for 12-hours? I don't use vibrators/dildos. My eating utensils are washed in a dishwasher. I carry hand sanitizer with me everywhere. I have this little keychain with sanitizer from Bath and Body Works.
    Any contact, no matter the length of time, can spread bacteria. A penis in for 12 seconds has just as much time to spread germs as one in for 12 hours, though God knows why anyone would have one in that long. I'd argue masturbation of the hands is less sterile than with a dildo/vibrator as well. those can easily be sanitized with boiling water--your hands cannot. Hand sanitizer helps some, but it isn't the save-all for germs. If it were, people would never wash their hands with soap.. they'd just use sanitizer and rinse off any dirt and debris with water. But it isn't recommended to do that for a good reason.

    BTW, I was reading about how Softcup is a disposable product and is not intended for reuse like the Lady Cup. Sounds like a much better option for the cup lovers.
    It also defeats the purpose of the cups in the first place--which is to find a simpler, more environmentally suitable menstrual catch system. Toxic Shock Syndrome is the only reason why tampons aren't left in until they fill up.. well, that and the fact that the vagina needs a break from all that dryness to clean itself.. Dry vaginas will cause a whole slew of other problems. Either of which are effects of the Cups, so leaving them in longer is NOT an unsafe option. What is unsafe is allowing them to overflow (again, these are not a convenience factor), and not properly cleaning them when they are taken and re-inserted. Again, I think the fact that this part is NOT convenient for people is what keeps them from being popular and/or from being used in a half-assed way..

    I think the disposable cup is suitable for sex since the cup is made of soft, flexible material and the cup sits in a certain way that allows for the penis to move by, but I've also heard stories of it slipping since its positioning is different than the Diva Cup, which suctions on the lower half of the vagina and goes no where near the cervix. If you're going to have sex on your period, you might as well just stop being squeamish and do the dirty in the shower like everyone else*.

    *and by everyone else, I mean everyone who does that in the first place.
    Kantgirl: Just say "I'm feminine and I'll punch anyone who says otherwise!"
    Halla74: Think your way through the world. Feel your way through life.

    Cimarron: maybe Prpl will be your girl-bud
    prplchknz: i don't like it

    In Search Of... ... Kiwi Sketch Art ... Dream Journal ... Kyuuei's Cook book ... Kyu's Tiny House Blog ... Minimalist Challenge ... Kyu's Savings Challenge

  10. #130
    Permabanned
    Join Date
    May 2009
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi
    Posts
    25,301

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Nerd Girl View Post

    POOR HYGiENE:
    • They leave it in for 12-hours. Gross and lazy! (Should be replaced every 3-5.)
    • They rinse it in the sink or shower or wipe it with TP and reuse. GROSS AND LAZY! A product like that should be thrown away or boiled in water. (I would be moritifed if someone ever came over to my house with that nasty thing and stayed the weekend. Would you rinse your nasty cup in my bathroom sink where I wash my face and brush my teeth? Better yet, in my tub or shower where I might come into contact with particles of your blood & tissue?? I hope you would think of me and bleach my bathroom after you're through. Let the bleach soak for about 10-mins before you rinse. Don't even think about using my pans for boiling it.)
    • Users warned it's very slimey when they reach in with their fingers and fish/pop out the cup and it's messy. (One girl said she was on vacation and it slipped out of her bloody fingers and fell in the hotel toilet. She said she just rinsed it in hot water and reinserted.) GROSS AND STUPID!


    Um, leaving a silicone cup in your own clean body is not a hygiene issue. Even with tampons, the issue is not necessarily hygiene, but toxic shock due to the materials of which the tampon is composed. Diva cups are safe to leave in your body for that amount of time. It would be like you saying silicone breast implants are "unsanitary."

    Also, as long as the cup is rinsed with hot or warm water and a mild soap, it actually doesn't have to be boiled during the same period. This is totally your personal opinion, and not based in science.

    The only thing I agree with you on is the woman who dropped hers in the toilet.

    Why would you put gloves on to finger yourself, by the way? Does your boyfriend or husband use gloves to finger you? Because that's what it amounts to, with you saying it's disgusting that people insert or remove a diva cup without rubber gloves.

    I mean, seriously lady, you seem to have some issues with your own body.

Similar Threads

  1. [MBTItm] INTJ + INFJ relationships. Ladies, your opinions please?
    By Wyst in forum The NT Rationale (ENTP, INTP, ENTJ, INTJ)
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 07-11-2008, 12:21 PM
  2. Happy Birthday Lady Jaye!
    By miss fortune in forum The Bonfire
    Replies: 20
    Last Post: 04-27-2008, 12:27 AM
  3. Wolf! Ladies, bouquet or boot, 'kay?
    By white in forum The Bonfire
    Replies: 104
    Last Post: 03-02-2008, 12:05 AM
  4. Is this lady an ISFJ?
    By Athenian200 in forum What's my Type?
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 12-29-2007, 07:48 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO