User Tag List

First 21011121314 Last

Thread: Lady Cups

MBTI
    yupp

Quote Originally Posted by Ivy View Post
    Seriously. I don't get it. It's especially puzzling when it comes from women who pride themselves on being unflappable about everything else, but the thought of a little menstrual blood FROM THEIR OWN BODY on their fingers is just unfathomable. News flash, you've got a vagina, it does this thing every month, get over it.

I can't use a cup because I have an IUD but if I didn't, I would be all over it.
    mmm menstrual blood I love it!!!! actually I don't get squeamish over menses it's just blood with you uteran lining mixed in, what's the big deal?
    In no likes experiment.

that is all

i dunno what else to say so

insert random title here Randomnity's Avatar
    MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/sx

+1. I think some people imagine some kind of horror movie scene. It's really not like that...but then I've never understood how a female could be terrified by her own (menstrual) blood anyway. You'd think you'd be used to it by now!
    -end of thread-

A window to the soul

There's this thing called "washing your hands after using the bathroom," it helps with the sanitary issues. You might get some blood on your hands when you use a tampon too. OH NOES
    Again, context. Meanwhile your touching stall doors, sink knobs, and rinsing your cup in the sink. Not sanitary or funny.

Four main concerns:
    1. Mess.
    2. Leakage.
    3. Bloating discomfort during heavy periods since you're holding fluids in an area not intended to hold a substantial amount of blood.
    4. Putting something back internally, that hasn't been disinfected.

insert random title here Randomnity's Avatar
    MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Nerd Girl View Post
    Again, context. Meanwhile your touching stall doors, sink knobs, and rinsing your cup in the sink. Not sanitary or funny.
    Not generally recommended for public (stalls) washroom use, but more out of respect for not grossing people out than any sanitary reason. The other non-cup-using people touching the stalls, sink knobs, etc also track small amounts of menstrual blood (and urine and feces, as well). Menstrual blood is WAY more "clean" than poop, and people do poop in the bathroom. That's why you wash your hands after using the washroom, rather than before. You also have two hands, if it comes to that.
    -end of thread-

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram
    6w7 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEE

Nope. Most updated technology for me in that realm thanks.
    06/13 10:51:03 five sounds: you!!!
    06/13 10:51:08 shortnsweet: no you!!
    06/13 10:51:12 shortnsweet: go do your things and my things too!
    06/13 10:51:23 five sounds: oh hell naw
    06/13 10:51:55 shortnsweet: !!!!
    06/13 10:51:57 shortnsweet: (cries)
    06/13 10:52:19 RiftsWRX: You two are like furbies stuck in a shoe box

My Nohari
    My Johari
    by sns.

Anew Leaf

Quote Originally Posted by Jenaphor View Post
    Four main concerns:
    1. Mess.
    2. Leakage.
    3. Bloating discomfort during heavy periods since you're holding fluids in an area not intended to hold a substantial amount of blood.
    4. Putting something back internally, that hasn't been disinfected.
    Exactly this and especially the bold.

A window to the soul

I disagree with the whole concept. It's a personal hygeine matter.

proteanmix is right on with her post on proper handling (below) and if you add up the extras + time, this ENTP says, hell no.

The only part of proteanmix's quote below that sounds sugar coated is the part about "pop out the Lady Cup". Ideally, for y'alls sake I certainly hope it pops out. I imagine it's more accurately like fishing.

Good luck!

-out-

Quote Originally Posted by proteanmix View Post
    You'll only need these two things:
    • travel sized baby wipes or intimate cleansing wipes
    • sanitary gloves (latex, nitrile, vinyl, whatever)

Use the glove to pop out the lady cup so you don't have a mess on your hands. Wipe it out with the cleansing wipes and replace. Pretty simple once you get the hang of it.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by Nerd Girl View Post
    You keep using the word context. I don't think it means what you think it means.

People touch doors and sink knobs and wash their tamponny hands in the sink, too. Not sure why it's so much worse except that it's outside your experience. Also, did you know people shit in bathrooms and then have to touch things on their way to the sink to wash up? True story. That's also not sanitary. That's why you WASH YOUR HANDS.

PS, I don't think most people rinse their cup in the public bathroom sink- everyone I know who uses one says they do the same as Proteanmix except without the gloves. The gloves are a good idea, though.

If men menstruated, we would valourise it, we would boast of it, we would show the world the blood on our hands.

But the world of women, the world of menstruating women, remains a secret. Women just don't tell us where they are in their cycle. And yet their cycle determines how they feel and what they desire. It's as though the feelings and desires of women are unimportant.

Religion tells us that menstruating women are unclean and must be separated from society until they are ritually cleansed. Why in Canberra itself we have recently built a ritual cleansing bath for Judaic women after menstruation.

So today we still mutilate the genitals of boys and girls and we ritually cleanse women after menstruation. This strikes me as psychopathic.