User Tag List

First 8910111220 Last

Thread: Lady Cups

figsfiggyfigs

I've never heard of them, but my imagination makes me think the removal process will look like a murder scene.

Edit:

oh god.

I'm going to go reread this thread. Maybe I posted in here and my mind had scrubbed it out for the better.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Why are you guys so freaked out by blood?

That's how I feel about human feces. It utterly disgusts me. I should never have a baby.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by Randomnity View Post
    haha since you bumped the thread, I should update that I never use mine anymore. I got tired of feeling like it was sucking out my insides when I take it out (yes I break the stupid seal, that barely matters), plus the stupid stem thing always ends up causing like...the equivalent of friction burns. Not so bad most of the time but obnoxious for sports! It also definitely didn't save me money since it takes me months and months to go through a box of tampons (and with shipping it cost the rough equivalent of 3-4 tampon boxes, I think).

but I might try it (or another brand) again sometime. I still like the idea, just not the reality.
    Oh...I forgot to add here that you can trim the stem a bit if it is so long that it's irritating your outer labial area. Also make sure it is pushed up far enough.

I think pushing it out with your vaginal muscles may help with some of the "pulling" sensation you're describing.

Again, might not be worth it to you if a box of tampon lasts you for months. Must be nice!

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    8w7 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ????

That's all I have to say to the OP.
    Excuse me, but does this smell like chloroform to you?

Always reserve the right to become smarter at a future point in time, for only a fool limits themselves to all they knew in the past. -Alex

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

I bet some women felt the same way about tampons when they first became popular.

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    8w7 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ????

What would make the cups any better?
    Excuse me, but does this smell like chloroform to you?

Always reserve the right to become smarter at a future point in time, for only a fool limits themselves to all they knew in the past. -Alex

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

I think they're fine...especially the Diva. I think Instead sucks because it's too complicated and awkward to insert and take out.

The Diva is more comfortable to insert and take out than Instead, and isn't drying like a tampon. I'm thinking in some cases women need to trim the stem, get a different size, or learn how to insert/remove it better...but that's it. After fighting with the Instead and conquering it, like I said, I find the Diva pretty great.

Some of these women just don't want to deal with cleaning it, I think.

insert random title here Randomnity's Avatar
    MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Marmie Dearest View Post
    Oh...I forgot to add here that you can trim the stem a bit if it is so long that it's irritating your outer labial area. Also make sure it is pushed up far enough.

I think pushing it out with your vaginal muscles may help with some of the "pulling" sensation you're describing.

Again, might not be worth it to you if a box of tampon lasts you for months. Must be nice!
    Mine has a ring, not a stem, and it still pokes out and I can feel it all the time...no matter how far up I push it, it falls down lower again. I might trim it although I was a little worried about getting it out again without being able to pull on the ring. It doesn't matter how much I push out, it still has a suction hold of death on my insides. One thing I should do is try poking a bunch of extra little pinpricks to help with the suction....that's probably the main reason I don't like it. Maybe I'm just shit at breaking the seal, no matter how hard I try.

And yeah, god bless the pill. Saves me so much money in "products".
    -end of thread-

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by Randomnity View Post
    Mine has a ring, not a stem, and it still pokes out and I can feel it all the time...no matter how far up I push it, it falls down lower again. I might trim it although I was a little worried about getting it out again without being able to pull on the ring. It doesn't matter how much I push out, it still has a suction hold of death on my insides. One thing I should do is try poking a bunch of extra little pinpricks to help with the suction....that's probably the main reason I don't like it. Maybe I'm just shit at breaking the seal, no matter how hard I try.

And yeah, god bless the pill. Saves me so much money in "products".
    I won't take synthetic hormones. Every time I've tried that in the past it was massive fail.

Why does yours have a ring? Order a newer model. You have the Diva right?

insert random title here Randomnity's Avatar
    MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/sx

Uhh I forget the brand since I don't have the packaging anymore. I don't think it's the Diva but it's something very similar. Ring seemed handier for gripping than a stem. But yeah, it seems like everyone has a brand (i.e. specific shape, I guess) that works best for them.
    -end of thread-