Welcome to the TypeC Exercise Challenge! Here’s a bit of background: http://www.typologycentral.com/forum...nterested.html.
Hopefully everyone that is interested in participating in the contest is ready to go! For those that are just seeing this, the idea of this thread is to offer encouragement and incentive to exercise. There is a contest portion that starts on Monday, Aug 31st, and will go until only one person remains or we make it 6 months. It is known fact that everyone that wins will garner the love and adoration of the entire forum, and quite possibly the world!! …Which is good, because the prize itself will probably not be anything too fancy. There will be some sort of prize, though!
I have made one change to the contest rules. Instead of making a report at the end of the week, you can just post your exercises in the thread as you complete them. For example: "Hey, I just used the treadmill for 30 minutes."
For those of you that aren’t interested in the contest but like the idea of the thread, feel free to join in as well!
Finally, the rules. As I mentioned before, I’m all about the spirit of the law vs. the letter, but we do need something.
Rules for the 6 Month / Last Man Standing Contest
1. The contest runs 8/31/09 – 2/28/10, or until there is only 1 remaining participant.
2. Share your exercise goals with us before the contest begins.
3. Report your exercising one of two ways:
- At the end of the week, post what you did for the week. Each week begins on Monday, so please submit by Wednesday at the latest.
- After exercising, make a quick post stating what you did.
4. There will be a prize, or prizes, but not one worth cheating for. I’m aiming for ‘kinda neat’.
5. There will be allowance for vacations, injuries, etc, where exercise is not possible. Prior notification for vacations and notification of injuries and sickness, with a speedy return to the program will be fine.
6. Each person will have 10 cheat days. You lose a cheat based on the number of days you are short of your weekly goals. Example: if your goal is 4 days of cardio per week, and you only exercise twice, you lose 2 cheat days.
7. Changing exercise goals is allowed, assuming it consists of exercise. Just post the modifications here.
Please feel free to offer suggestions, questions, or comments.