1231151101 Last

MBTI
    INfp
    Enneagram
    9w1 sp/sx
    Socionics
    INFp None

Default TypeC Exercise Challenge and Contest

Welcome to the TypeC Exercise Challenge! Hereís a bit of background: http://www.typologycentral.com/forum...nterested.html.

Hopefully everyone that is interested in participating in the contest is ready to go! For those that are just seeing this, the idea of this thread is to offer encouragement and incentive to exercise. There is a contest portion that starts on Monday, Aug 31st, and will go until only one person remains or we make it 6 months. It is known fact that everyone that wins will garner the love and adoration of the entire forum, and quite possibly the world!! ÖWhich is good, because the prize itself will probably not be anything too fancy. There will be some sort of prize, though!

I have made one change to the contest rules. Instead of making a report at the end of the week, you can just post your exercises in the thread as you complete them. For example: "Hey, I just used the treadmill for 30 minutes."

For those of you that arenít interested in the contest but like the idea of the thread, feel free to join in as well!

Finally, the rules. As I mentioned before, Iím all about the spirit of the law vs. the letter, but we do need something.

Rules for the 6 Month / Last Man Standing Contest
    1. The contest runs 8/31/09 Ė 2/28/10, or until there is only 1 remaining participant.
    2. Share your exercise goals with us before the contest begins.
    3. Report your exercising one of two ways:
    • At the end of the week, post what you did for the week. Each week begins on Monday, so please submit by Wednesday at the latest.
    • After exercising, make a quick post stating what you did.

4. There will be a prize, or prizes, but not one worth cheating for. Iím aiming for Ďkinda neatí.
    5. There will be allowance for vacations, injuries, etc, where exercise is not possible. Prior notification for vacations and notification of injuries and sickness, with a speedy return to the program will be fine.
    6. Each person will have 10 cheat days. You lose a cheat based on the number of days you are short of your weekly goals. Example: if your goal is 4 days of cardio per week, and you only exercise twice, you lose 2 cheat days.
    7. Changing exercise goals is allowed, assuming it consists of exercise. Just post the modifications here.

Please feel free to offer suggestions, questions, or comments.
    Last edited by Kasper; 09-14-2009 at 09:55 PM. Reason: edited at OPs request

MBTI
    INfp
    Enneagram
    9w1 sp/sx
    Socionics
    INFp None

A clarification:

Anyone that is pushing themselves with a challenge is welcome to join - beginner or veteran. I originally started this more for beginners because I was worried about an unfair advantage, but since anyone that makes it 6 months wins, it doesn't really matter anymore.

Since the spirit of the thread is about pushing and challenging ourselves, anyone doing that is welcome to participate.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6
    Socionics
    ENFp

So can you win now?? You really should be a winner.

MBTI
    INfp
    Enneagram
    9w1 sp/sx
    Socionics
    INFp None

Alas, no. I'll just have to settle for being a winner in life.

Rubber Nipple Salesperson ladypinkington's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFJ

Never mind- I just scrolled up and found my answer, blonde moment!!!!! LOLOLOL

I personally would like to report my progress at the end of the week. Can we get a star at the end of the week,lol. I miss getting stickers. I am going to give myself a sticker at the end of the week. LOL.

The sad thing is I am not joking, I really am going to give myself a sticker, I just find it funny that I will be 27 soon and still need stickers of affirmation,lol. I am going to give myself two stickers if I exercise on my birthday,lol.
    Me and hubby made an RPG Nutrition Game
    Play and Vote July 14th to Aug 14th
    http://www.appsforhealthykids.com/ap...ing-vegetables

veteran attention whore Jeffster's Avatar
    MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by Udog View Post
    Rules for the 6 Month / Last Man Standing Contest
    1. The contest runs 9/31/09 Ė 2/28/10, or until there is only 1 remaining participant.
    That's perfect, because I'm always saying I'll start exercising on September 31st.
    Jeffster Illustrates the Artisan Temperament <---- click here

"I like the sigs with quotes in them from other forum members." -- Oberon

The SP Spazz Youtube Channel

MBTI
    INfp
    Enneagram
    9w1 sp/sx
    Socionics
    INFp None

Quote Originally Posted by Jeffster View Post
    That's perfect, because I'm always saying I'll start exercising on September 31st.
    !

Man, I totally FUBAR'd the dates in the OP! That's the third correction I've had to make to them. Date corrected to 8/31/09.

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram

LadyPinkington I totally feel you on the sticker thing. I was WAY too excited about getting a piece of candy in History class if we did well on the tests... and I'm in college. !!

Good luck everyone! I'm definitely not giving up, so ya'll better not leave me standing alone on top of that mountain of work!
    Kantgirl: Just say "I'm feminine and I'll punch anyone who says otherwise!"
    Halla74: Think your way through the world. Feel your way through life.

Cimarron: maybe Prpl will be your girl-bud
    prplchknz: i don't like it

In Search Of... ... Kiwi Sketch Art ... Dream Journal ... Kyuuei's Cook book ... Kyu's Tiny House Blog ... Minimalist Challenge ... Kyu's Savings Challenge

MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    5x/o

Good luck, everyone! I'm leaving for the airport in 3.5 hrs, have to do bunch of paperwork and get ready and stuff, but I'll try and not use TOO many break days.