• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

TypeC Exercise Challenge and Contest

Udog

Seriously Delirious
MBTI Type
INfp
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Swelling?

Where is the pain?

Sharp? Or dull and throbbing?

No on the swelling. Yes on the pain - like having a knife jabbed into my meniscus. Except, you know, not quite THAT bad. :D

I have plica syndrome, which is why I've been fighting to get back into physical therapy. It was caused by my playing soccer when I was younger, making one side stronger than the other. The difference in strength causes my hip to be slightly tilted, which causes my leg and knee to have to compensate at a weird angle. Over time and as I gained weight and got out of shape, that odd angle caused the plica to get inflammed, and that's where I am now.

I just hadn't had it act up this badly in a long time. To have it happen during the "rest" week is surprising.

Biaxident

Charting a course
MBTI Type
INFP
No on the swelling. Yes on the pain - like having a knife jabbed into my meniscus. Except, you know, not quite THAT bad. :D

I have plica syndrome, which is why I've been fighting to get back into physical therapy. It was caused by my playing soccer when I was younger, making one side stronger than the other. The difference in strength causes my hip to be slightly tilted, which causes my leg and knee to have to compensate at a weird angle. Over time and as I gained weight and got out of shape, that odd angle caused the plica to get inflammed, and that's where I am now.

I just hadn't had it act up this badly in a long time. To have it happen during the "rest" week is surprising.

Stretch, heat, ice....

:D

Udog

Seriously Delirious
MBTI Type
INfp
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I'm officially declaring an injury clause. I did get 3/4 workouts done this week, though.

Tomorrow is Chest, Shoulders, Triceps, so I should be able to do that.

Stretch, heat, ice....

:D

Hahaha! I so had that coming, didn't I?

I've been icing it and taking motrin. Hopefully a good nights rest will have it good enough to work out with by Tuesday when I do Plyo. (If not, I'll take the day off.)

Jeffster

veteran attention whore
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx
I just got back from the exercise trail in the park. The main stations are pedaling, one is arm pedaling and the other legs. You do it forwards, backwards, forwards, then increase resistance and repeat, with one minute for each round. Most of the rest of the trail is just walking, but I did also stop and do 30 seconds of jumping jacks after the arm station. Oh, there's also the deal where you push the two thingamabobs together with your arms.

Anyway, it felt good, I hadn't done that in awhile, I did it a lot last year during our office weight loss contest that I won.

Udog

Seriously Delirious
MBTI Type
INfp
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I just got back from the exercise trail in the park. The main stations are pedaling, one is arm pedaling and the other legs. You do it forwards, backwards, forwards, then increase resistance and repeat, with one minute for each round. Most of the rest of the trail is just walking, but I did also stop and do 30 seconds of jumping jacks after the arm station. Oh, there's also the deal where you push the two thingamabobs together with your arms.

Anyway, it felt good, I hadn't done that in awhile, I did it a lot last year during our office weight loss contest that I won.

That trail sounds pretty neat, actually. I've been thinking about looking for such trails in my area, since my wooded park is basically closed for the winter. It sounds like a fun workout with a bit of variety.

Plus, it's free. That always helps. :D

kyuuei

Emperor/Dictator
MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
Kyuuei's goals:

PT goals are changing. I'm so burned out from the fall semester, that I need to take things easier. The Army says they'll count it against me if my PT score falls below what I made previously if I try again. Basically: don't try again. I think they just don't want massive amouts of people re-taking because it looks bad on them. We're suppose to have lots of visitors next month, this is probably the cause of it.

So my new goals: Run 3 times a week to maintain my cardio, strength train 3 days a week, and play the Wii fit an hour a day.

My analysis of the Wii Fit: It rocks. Not in the "You'll get buff, and you're working out hard" way, but in the "This is fun, and a good way to move around indoors and be lazy" way. It calculates your weight, BMI, and the calories you burn with each activity. The games, some of them, actually got my heart rate up a bit, and the strength training section definitely is a decent one.

They also have a mode that lets you combine strength, yoga, and games, so you can do them in 7-10 minute segments of each, customize your own sessions, or do random varieties.

In the end, it was pretty fun, it wasn't too strenuous, and it's better than doing a lot of nothing. Definitely fun, but if you're looking for a hard core work out, the Wii Fit isn't your answer to all of life's problems.. but I think anyone who buys it already knows that, so with that said :) I think it overall rocks.

Udog

Seriously Delirious
MBTI Type
INfp
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Week 17 Begins: I guess there's a holiday or something this week

Thank you to everyone that has replied to my PM. :) So far, I know that at least half of everyone will be continuing your workouts over the next two weeks. Excellent.

Here are the results for week 16. I'll update the list as I get more results.

Code:
Name		Cheats 
Antimony	10
Clonester	6
Domino		10
Elaur		0
ergophobe	0
Fidelia		4
INTJMom		+4
Jeffster	10
kelric		10
Kyuuei		7
ladypinkington	4
poppy		5
Tallulah	7
Trinity		6
Udog		1
Wolfy		10
Zarathustra	+0

[I]* Includes those that have reported vacations, injuries, and sickness[/I]

And those I haven't heard from yet:
Jen

May everyone have a great holiday season. :)

Last edited:

kelric

Feline Member
MBTI Type
INtP
Another boring update... still on track. Happy holidays everyone -- exercising regularly is a fantastic excuse to pig out a couple times a year :popc1:

Haphazard

Don't Judge Me!
MBTI Type
ENFJ
Still doing those shoulder exercises. Some of them are extremely difficult even with 3-lb weights.

The one problem is that the trainer person never told me when to stop.

Udog

Seriously Delirious
MBTI Type
INfp
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I went ahead and updated the weekly report. Thanks to everyone that replied to my PMs.

For those that are curious, my plans for this week will be 3 workouts. I'll do an abbreviated P90X week. My knee is almost better - about 90% healed, so I'll start back up tomorrow.

No holiday taking for next week - so I'll be aiming for my normal 4 workouts.

Another boring update... still on track. Happy holidays everyone -- exercising regularly is a fantastic excuse to pig out a couple times a year :popc1:

Hah! Agreed 100%. At the very least, it'll help keep off some of those extra holiday pounds.

Still doing those shoulder exercises. Some of them are extremely difficult even with 3-lb weights.

The one problem is that the trainer person never told me when to stop.

She never told you to stop? Very impressive... posting on the internet while doing shoulder exercises. :worthy:

Yes, some shoulder exercises are harder than others. I can do 35 pounds with some exercises, while others get me hurting at 15 pounds. That's including the fact that I've been working out for awhile.

1 cheat this week, but still goin'.

"Stiiiiiiiiiiiiiill going"? Isn't that Halla's motto? :p

Made all my exercise days last week.

Great! Thanks for the update.

kyuuei

Emperor/Dictator
MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
Yesterday and two makes two hours of Wii fit play, one to each respectively. It's a really easy system, it's just better than being lazy.. especially today since it's raining so no running. Though, to be honest, it isn't cold.. I could go for a run in the rain and be fine. But i'd rather not run in the rain if I can help it.

Haphazard

Don't Judge Me!
MBTI Type
ENFJ
She never told you to stop? Very impressive... posting on the internet while doing shoulder exercises. :worthy:

Yes, some shoulder exercises are harder than others. I can do 35 pounds with some exercises, while others get me hurting at 15 pounds. That's including the fact that I've been working out for awhile.

No, I meant she never told me to stop doing the exercises for the injury. If I was supposed to keep doing them after it was mostly healed or to just continue.

Domino

ENFJ In Chains
MBTI Type
eNFJ
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I'm starting to get a muscle line from my thighs up over my hip bones onto my stomach and even up to my ribcage. I've never had that level of definition before.

Horizontal crunches ftw.

Udog

Seriously Delirious
MBTI Type
INfp
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Yesterday and two makes two hours of Wii fit play, one to each respectively. It's a really easy system, it's just better than being lazy.. especially today since it's raining so no running. Though, to be honest, it isn't cold.. I could go for a run in the rain and be fine. But i'd rather not run in the rain if I can help it.

Ooo.... I used to love running in light rain. For some reason, cold and rain always made me job better.

That is, until I get the sniffles the next day. :laugh:

No, I meant she never told me to stop doing the exercises for the injury. If I was supposed to keep doing them after it was mostly healed or to just continue.

Depending on the exercises, you may increase your shoulder strength if you continue.

I'm starting to get a muscle line from my thighs up over my hip bones onto my stomach and even up to my ribcage. I've never had that level of definition before.

Horizontal crunches ftw.

Nice. You know what else would have helped with the line? A Sharpie.

Kasper

Diabolical
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Did my last work out tonight until my psudo gym re-opens on the 11th... so long away! :(

I'm thinking about signing up for an obligation free 7 day trial at a local guy and then a 14 day trial at another a little bit further away just so I can keep going, they don't need to know I'm about 99% unlikely to join, do they! :D

My knee is almost better - about 90% healed, so I'll start back up tomorrow.

Good to hear!

Udog

Seriously Delirious
MBTI Type
INfp
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I'm thinking about signing up for an obligation free 7 day trial at a local guy and then a 14 day trial at another a little bit further away just so I can keep going, they don't need to know I'm about 99% unlikely to join, do they! :D

Not at all. I'm glad to hear that you are trying to figure out ways to remain active during the down period. I can't believe they are closed for so long, though! Craziness.

Good to hear!

Thanks! Also, thanks for updating the thread for me. :)

Kasper

Diabolical
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Not at all. I'm glad to hear that you are trying to figure out ways to remain active during the down period. I can't believe they are closed for so long, though! Craziness.

It's a pseudo gym, not a fully kitted out one with excess staff. It's about 4 gals running different classes in a shared space with a physiotherapy place, so it's understandable.

Thanks! Also, thanks for updating the thread for me. :)

*tips hat* most welcome sir.