• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

TypeC Exercise Challenge and Contest

Udog

Seriously Delirious
MBTI Type
INfp
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Week 16 Begins

I will be sending out a PM to everyone sometime this week so I can get an idea of who will be participating during the holidays, and who will be taking advantage of the Santa holiday clause. I already know of a few of you who will be taking time off during the holidays, and I want to give those people taking time off a proper break.

That is, until January 2nd. Then it’s on again! :devil:

So I would like to give a challenge to everyone: If you plan on taking some time off during the holidays, be prepared to start back up again in January!

Here are the results for Week 15:

Code:
Name		Cheats 
Cenomite	+0
Clonester	6
Elaur		0
ergophobe	0
Fidelia		5
INTJMom		+3
Jeffster	10
Jen		10
Kyuuei		7
ladypinkington	4
Tallulah	7
Trinity		6
Udog		1
Wolfy		10

[i]* Includes those that have reported vacations, injuries, and sickness[/i]

People I haven’t heard from:
Antimony
kelric
PinkPiranha
poppy
Zarathustra

Last edited:

Udog

Seriously Delirious
MBTI Type
INfp
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
This week will be a rest week in the P90X program, which means no resistance training. My personal goal is at least 4 of the 6 workouts.

The Rest Week routine looks like this:
Monday: Yoga X
Tuesday: Core Synergistics
Wednesday: Kenpo X
Thursday: X Stretch
Friday: Core Synergistics
Saturday: Yoga X
Sunday: Rest or X Stretch.

I have completed the Yoga X routine for Monday. Made it through the entire thing this time around, although there were several exercises that I would have been literally killed doing if I dared try them out.

On Saturday, Morgan and I played football at the park. He beat me 31-9 and still complained that I cheated on my only touchdown of the game. He's a sore winner. I was just sore. But at least I got some exercise! :D

I have gotten in at least some jumping jacks when I can on other days. Times where I'm waiting for someone or something where I used to just sit there twiddling my thumbs, now I try to get up and move around and stuff so I'm taking better advantage of opportunities.

Thank you for the update - it sounds like you are starting to really get this hang of this.

Also, LOL @ the football story. Next time, be sure to cheat and show him whose boss. :D

Laurie

Was E.laur
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
I will be sending out a PM to everyone sometime this week so I can get an idea of who will be participating during the holidays, and who will be taking advantage of Santa.

:shock: Shocking!!!

Why isn't there a "+" by my name?

INTJMom

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w4
Did my formal workout today.
It went better than I expected.

Udog

Seriously Delirious
MBTI Type
INfp
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
:shock: Shocking!!!

Why isn't there a "+" by my name?

Because Santa put you on the naughty list.

I didn't check in last week, but I did workout several times.

Well done. Thank you for the update.

Did my formal workout today.
It went better than I expected.

:yay: Isn't that a wonderful feeling - knowing that you have done your workout and now have the entire day ahead of you? :)

Tigerlily

unscannable
MBTI Type
TIGR
Enneagram
3w4
cycle cycle cycle. that's all i do these days. also gave up soda a month ago! although i did have a diet coke at lunch yesterday because the water was cack. i pretty much only drink water or skim milk although i have been drinking orange juice thanks to a nasty cold i haven't been able to shake for the last week and a half. *coughcough*

off to my 10:30 cycle class. toodles! :bye:

Udog

Seriously Delirious
MBTI Type
INfp
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
cycle cycle cycle. that's all i do these days. also gave up soda a month ago! although i did have a diet coke at lunch yesterday because the water was cack. i pretty much only drink water or skim milk although i have been drinking orange juice thanks to a nasty cold i haven't been able to shake for the last week and a half. *coughcough*

off to my 10:30 cycle class. toodles! :bye:

'grats on (mostly) quitting soda. I hope you are feeling better soon. :)

Oh, and thanks for posting!

Haphazard

Don't Judge Me!
MBTI Type
ENFJ
Apparently I sprained my shoulder yesterday and it was worse today.

Yoga is easier if you pretend you're an amputee, I've learned.

Udog

Seriously Delirious
MBTI Type
INfp
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Finished my Core Synergistics workout. It's really hard for me to explain this one, as I've seen maybe 2 of these exercises before. There were a handful of pushup variations, plus bananas, boats, bridges, tables, supermans, rolls, and yoga-esque stuff.

Pretty much every exercise tired me out on a very fundamental level. Which means it's a good thing I get to do this one more time this week.

Apparently I sprained my shoulder yesterday and it was worse today.

Ice, ice baby!

Yoga is easier if you pretend you're an amputee, I've learned.

Man - what's up with all the yoga?

Haphazard

Don't Judge Me!
MBTI Type
ENFJ
Man - what's up with all the yoga?

I remembered having the same problem, so I looked in the back log and saw that I was complaining about the exact same thing about a month ago. I think either my shoulders find yoga too disagreeable or I'm doing something wrong.

I think yoga blocks are supposed to help with your shoulders? I don't know.

Udog

Seriously Delirious
MBTI Type
INfp
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I remembered having the same problem, so I looked in the back log and saw that I was complaining about the exact same thing about a month ago. I think either my shoulders find yoga too disagreeable or I'm doing something wrong.

I think yoga blocks are supposed to help with your shoulders? I don't know.

The blocks, as far as I know, are generally for certain stretches. They add stability and allow you to open up your chest and whatnot. They aren't going to help with the downward dogs, planks, and other wonderful poses that really stress the shoulder. (That I know of! I'm hardly an expert.)

However, I suspect the video you guys are having to do is hardly beginner level, either. Because of the combination of strength and flexibility required to do advanced moves properly, I suspect you can injure yourself really quickly by pushing yourself too hard. There's a few positions in the Yoga X video that I would risk serious injury (like neck injury) if I were to attempt right now.

Last edited:

Haphazard

Don't Judge Me!
MBTI Type
ENFJ
The blocks, as far as I know, are generally for certain stretches. They add stability and allow you to upon up your chest and whatnot. They aren't going to help with the downward dogs, planks, and other wonderful poses that really stress the shoulder. (That I know of! I'm hardly an expert.)

However, I suspect the video you guys are having to do is hardly beginner level, either. Because of the combination of strength and flexibility required to do advanced moves properly, I suspect you can injure yourself really quickly by pushing yourself too hard. There's a few positions in the Yoga X video that I would risk serious injury (like neck injury) if I were to attempt right now.

I don't know. I saw an article on it that I'm trying to find now on using yoga blocks for those kind of poses to prevent shoulder injury but now I can't find them. Maybe I made them up.

It may also be that I'm probably bearing about 50 extra pounds on that shoulder than most people and that shoulder is really not a weight-bearing joint. Maybe my left is fine considering left is my leaning preference, but not my right.

Udog

Seriously Delirious
MBTI Type
INfp
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Overtime you'll strengthen that shoulder. When your muscles become stronger, you'll be able to use them to stabilize the joint. This is the importance of beginner level workouts. You strengthen the shoulder so you can do the harder stuff.

Kasper

Diabolical
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Finally got back into it today but hurt my back last week so it was pretty touchy and I'm a tad concerned about how my boxing class will go tomorrow =/

Haphazard

Don't Judge Me!
MBTI Type
ENFJ
Overtime you'll strengthen that shoulder. When your muscles become stronger, you'll be able to use them to stabilize the joint. This is the importance of beginner level workouts. You strengthen the shoulder so you can do the harder stuff.

Any exercises you know I can do without putting my whole body weight on it?

wolfy

awsm
I've been walking a bit this week. I also did a 30 minutes ab work on Tuesday and I did an upper body workout today.