• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

TypeC Exercise Challenge and Contest

Udog

Seriously Delirious
MBTI Type
INfp
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Mentally I may be struggling, but I'm still getting my workouts done. Legs and back, plus Ab Ripper 200, have been vanquished.

I did a whole lot of exercise for work today. I did some shoulder and arm training too.

I know I don't respond to every post, but thank you for the continued updates. Sometimes, seeing people 'keep on trucking' is a huge inspiration to continue the fight myself.

I did some pushups, yay.

:yay: Commence super soreness tomorrow.

Also, your "+" request is under the review of the Exercise Contest Committee. You know how annoyingly slow these committees can be at generating their answers. :D

I did enough for the week. Enough to get sore muscles.

That's perfect. :) Just be sure to rest and get your share of protein so they can properly heal so you can turn into a properly ripped Incredible INTJMom.

Laurie

Was E.laur
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
Yup, I'm still super sore.

I'm not checking in but I am still trying to get ahead. I've lost momentum, mostly, I think, because of watching my sister's baby mostly full time for the last 6 weeks and other excuses. I am still trying to get ahead, and I've been being prodded from certain directions. :tongue10:

So anyway, I'm still trying to get back on/stay on the healthy wagon. I feel better when I'm working out so I really need to get it going on.

Biaxident

Charting a course
MBTI Type
INFP
Yup, I'm still super sore.

I'm not checking in but I am still trying to get ahead. I've lost momentum, mostly, I think, because of watching my sister's baby mostly full time for the last 6 weeks and other excuses. I am still trying to get ahead, and I've been being prodded from certain directions. :tongue10:

So anyway, I'm still trying to get back on/stay on the healthy wagon. I feel better when I'm working out so I really need to get it going on.

*poke*

Faker.

;)

wolfy

awsm
I know I don't respond to every post, but thank you for the continued updates. Sometimes, seeing people 'keep on trucking' is a huge inspiration to continue the fight myself.

Thanks for that. I just train, to not train would be ... I don't know...I don't think I could really give up training altogether. It has become too much a part of my identity.

Biaxident

Charting a course
MBTI Type
INFP
Thanks for that. I just train, to not train would be ... I don't know...I don't think I could really give up training altogether. It has become too much a part of my identity.

:yes:

A part of you would feel like it's missing.

Clonester

MBTI Type
ENFP
Bought a new pair of running shoes today. New Balance 1063's. So far so good. They're supposed to be very durable for a cushioning shoe. The true test will be in the spring when I'm running outdoors again.

kyuuei

Emperor/Dictator
MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
So, I found out membership to that gym is 45$ a month. :wubbie: I think I'll join up come January, attend it twice a week.

Here's what I'm thinking my plan can go:
Enjoy my week's vacation for snowboarding (snowboarding is totally exercise :D It counts!!)
December: Do PT-specific exercises. Lots of push ups, sit ups, and running on my own time. Do my workout DVD 3 times a week.
January: Take the PT test again and hopefully bump up my score (I'm not sure if I'm allowed to take it again yet, but I hope I am.) Join a class or gym, and hit it 2 or 3 times a week. Take dancing lessons of some sort for fun activities that boost confidence, and every day somehow fit in my one my PT standards. Commando Krav Maga class shound begin sometime around then. :) Do that as well.

Still tweaking said new goals, but this looks about solid.

Tigerlily

unscannable
MBTI Type
TIGR
Enneagram
3w4
i've been going to cycle class every day. here's me yesterday. ;p

before
15839_1261172402447_1023787542_8-1.jpg

after
15839_1261171682429_1023787542_8-1.jpg

no i wasn't using the phone while driving. :alttongue:

i usually burn between 700 to 800 calories per class and for me it's relatively easy so i like it.

Biaxident

Charting a course
MBTI Type
INFP
i've been going to cycle class every day. here's me yesterday. ;p

before
15839_1261172402447_1023787542_8-1.jpg

after
15839_1261171682429_1023787542_8-1.jpg

no i wasn't using the phone while driving. :alttongue:

i usually burn between 700 to 800 calories per class and for me it's relatively easy so i like it.

:horor:

Where are the children?

Tell me you didn't sell the children...

:D

Udog

Seriously Delirious
MBTI Type
INfp
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx

That's pretty cool. Integrating it into your identity is a great way to look at it.

So, I found out membership to that gym is 45$ a month. :wubbie: I think I'll join up come January, attend it twice a week.

Here's what I'm thinking my plan can go:
Enjoy my week's vacation for snowboarding (snowboarding is totally exercise :D It counts!!)
December: Do PT-specific exercises. Lots of push ups, sit ups, and running on my own time. Do my workout DVD 3 times a week.
January: Take the PT test again and hopefully bump up my score (I'm not sure if I'm allowed to take it again yet, but I hope I am.) Join a class or gym, and hit it 2 or 3 times a week. Take dancing lessons of some sort for fun activities that boost confidence, and every day somehow fit in my one my PT standards. Commando Krav Maga class shound begin sometime around then. :) Do that as well.

Still tweaking said new goals, but this looks about solid.

Yup, that seems pretty solid. What kind of dance will you look into? I've also been very intrigued in the idea of taking a martial art class as well as a dance class for exercise. Both have their own artistry, fluidity, and beauty about them. /INFP sappiness. Just be sure you don't accidentally confuse the two in the middle of a lesson! :laugh:

Thanks! Did it again tonight, but also ate two Krispy Kreme donuts. :blush:

You managed to stop at 2 Krispy Kremes? Wow. Are you some sort of deity???

Got all my workouts for the week.

Sweet. Thanks for the update!

Zarathustra

Let Go Of Your Team
Week 1: Workout Results (11/30-12/6)

I have a new girlfriend (and this was only our second week together), so my schedule was completely screwy this week (no pun intended), as we basically spent the entire time together at her place. From here on out, I'll be back on my regular schedule of yoga MWF and running/push-ups/pull-ups on T,Th. Forgive me for using the, uh, "alternative" work-outs this week, but fuck, I gotta get to five a week, so I'm gunna use em.

Monday: Yoga
Tuesday: 8x sex
Wednesday: 2-3x sex and a 45-minute hike
Thursday: 2x sex
Friday: nothing, unless one sex session and/or copious amounts of drinking count as a liver workout
Saturday: push-ups and pull-ups (pretty weak though, only 1 set of each: 40 and 12, respectively)
Sunday: nothing

The sex on Tuesday counts as a legitimate workout for sheer repetitions and length; Wednesday should legitimately count as well, due to the hike; and, if I remember correctly, the Thursday sex was pretty aggressive and cardiovascularly taxing, so it could count as well.

I'd give myself 4-5 workouts out of 5 needed for the week. I guess that's a cheat, but I really did try to make things work, considering the extenuating circumstances. :moonwalk:

Udog

Seriously Delirious
MBTI Type
INfp
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Hey Zarathustra, while I have no problem with counting sex as a workout, please don't report it as such. That's a little bit too much information. In general, people will simply say, "I worked out Tuesday and Thursday", and that's good for me!!

This isn't the sexuality forum, and I really don't want this thread to become about how many times a week everyone has sex. I can see that getting, ahem, out of hand rather quickly!

However, I do thank you for the update. You have the right idea, with perhaps just a bit more information that is really necessary.