• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

TypeC Exercise Challenge and Contest

SillySapienne

`~~Philosoflying~~`
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5
Also, let it be known, that I've been working out quite a lot this past week.

:ninja:

And, on that note, I heard that Reed Institute/College accepts/allows having sexual intercourse three times a week for some kind of college credit.

:)

INTJMom

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w4
I went up and down a flight of stairs every half hour yesterday keeping the wood stove supplied with wood, and today, I worked over two hours on my kitchen floor. I'm gonna count that as workout #1 for this week.

Geoff

Lallygag Moderator
MBTI Type
INXP
I went up and down a flight of stairs every half hour yesterday keeping the wood stove supplied with wood, and today, I worked over two hours on my kitchen floor. I'm gonna count that as workout #1 for this week.

If you'd like to pop to nova scotia and do the same with my basement there, it'd be really handy to have all the wood in there ready for winter :D More workouts!!

Udog

Seriously Delirious
MBTI Type
INfp
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Did Chest and Back of the P90X, and then the ab exercises. (Not the Ab-Ripper X, to be clear. That destroys me.)

My nutrition sucked all last week, all weekend, and for breakfast and snack this morning. I started getting back on track for lunch. Nonetheless, my exercise suffered.

I'm in the middle of replenishing my body right now with a post-workout drink. In an hour, I'll have a small but healthy good dinner, take a multi-vitamin, and have a healthy breakfast tomorrow.

P90X or whatever ab ripper god I hate it I want to do something fun.

I don't think my arm and my ankle were supposed to hurt after that. But they do. Maybe my abs are just in strange places.

Hap - you definitely want to do the P90 before the P90X, which is sort of the pre-requisite for the P90X. The main reason I'm not is because P90 doesn't provide enough resistance training for my tastes, and because I sometimes suck at following my own advice. :blush:

From what I've seen, Tony is actually pretty understated for the P90 workouts, although I haven't seen the whole thing. Surprisingly so. Plus the Ab-Ripper 100 (which is only 100 exercises) is much, MUCH more manageable than the Ab-Ripper X.

kelric

Feline Member
MBTI Type
INtP
I'm still plugging along with my regular workout schedule (even if I haven't gotten around to fixing the Bowflex yet... I've been making do with other weight-exercises). I was on vacation at the end of last week, so missed a few workouts then, but still cheat-free.

Udog

Seriously Delirious
MBTI Type
INfp
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Oh - forgot. I'll need 2 cheats for last week. I'd like to skimp and say it was just the one, but really, I slacked pretty hardcore.

How bout you make it 5? 3s been pretty automatic for me for a while now. :)

Done.

Wait, you don't have a PT like that, I thought that was a prereq for the thread!

Ok I'm pretty much down to +55 billion cheats, so can you just put me at zero and keep me there, I don't want to go to + anything. ktnxbai

Considering that you were sick AND it was Thanksgiving, I wasn't going planning on counting it anyway. However, I'm okay with not counting anymore as long as you keep on participating. :)

I'm still plugging along with my regular workout schedule (even if I haven't gotten around to fixing the Bowflex yet... I've been making do with other weight-exercises). I was on vacation at the end of last week, so missed a few workouts then, but still cheat-free.

Thanks for the update.

Jeffster

veteran attention whore
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx
In between food and football, I actually got a lot of exercise over Thanksgiving weekend. We went to the zoo on Friday, Saturday was parking lot hiking at the giant movie theater/shopping complex, Sunday I did jumping jacks, walking, and wall soccer/basketball/whatever it was with the big blue rubber ball with Morgan at the park.

Udog

Seriously Delirious
MBTI Type
INfp
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
In between food and football, I actually got a lot of exercise over Thanksgiving weekend. We went to the zoo on Friday, Saturday was parking lot hiking at the giant movie theater/shopping complex, Sunday I did jumping jacks, walking, and wall soccer/basketball/whatever it was with the big blue rubber ball with Morgan at the park.

Wow, that's pretty impressive for a holiday week. :worthy: Well... at the least it's more than I did.

Thanks for the update!

Haphazard

Don't Judge Me!
MBTI Type
ENFJ
Hap - you definitely want to do the P90 before the P90X, which is sort of the pre-requisite for the P90X. The main reason I'm not is because P90 doesn't provide enough resistance training for my tastes, and because I sometimes suck at following my own advice. :blush:

From what I've seen, Tony is actually pretty understated for the P90 workouts, although I haven't seen the whole thing. Surprisingly so. Plus the Ab-Ripper 100 (which is only 100 exercises) is much, MUCH more manageable than the Ab-Ripper X.

I wish my teacher understood this.

Udog

Seriously Delirious
MBTI Type
INfp
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I wish my teacher understood this.

We wish your teacher understood alot of things. :yes:

Here's an example:

YouTube - Power 90 Ab Ripper Workout

Is that understated enough for you? This is what I've been doing instead of the Ab-Ripper X, which I can't even come close to doing.

The next level is the Ab Ripper 200, which is the exact same routine, but with 20 repetitions of each exercise instead of 10.

wolfy

awsm
Did lower body today.

Deadlifts
Front squats
Good mornings

There was something wrong with my arm last night. Every time I bent the left arm the brachialis would cramp strangely making it feel like my elbow joint was going to pop out. It is OK now. Not looking for solutions or sympathy, just thought it was interesting.

Udog

Seriously Delirious
MBTI Type
INfp
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Week 14 Begins - The 3 Month Countdown

The final week to join brought us a Thanksgiving treat - please welcome Zarathustra to the fray. Wait, that sounded really cheesy. Plus, not everyone in this thread celebrates Thanksgiving. Hmm... Worst. Introduction. Ever.

:D

Welcome, Zarathustra. :)

This also marks the 3 month countdown - we are half way there, folks! Great job to those that have stuck with us. Next month is January, so let's get a head start on our New Years Resolutions and continue kicking butt.

Code:
Name		Cheats 
Cenomite	+0
Clonester	6
Elaur		+0
ergophobe	1
Fidelia		5
INTJMom		+2
Jeffster	10
Jen		10
kelric		10
Kyuuei		8
ladypinkington	4
Tallulah	7
Trinity		6
Udog		1
Wolfy		10
Zarathustra	+0

* Includes those that have reported vacations, injuries, and sickness

Those I haven't heard from:
Antimony
Blackcat
nynesneg
PinkPiranha
poppy

It seems that Jen was on vacation. Trin, Pink, and Antimony have been consistent in exercising, but not in reporting. (Slackers!) And I'm pretty sure I'll hear from a couple of you soon enough. I'll be sending out a couple of PMs to the people I haven't heard from in a while. There's a certain trashtalking INSFP that's been awfully silent lately. :p

Last edited:

Tigerlily

unscannable
MBTI Type
TIGR
Enneagram
3w4
jen: a bajillion cheats! haha. ;P

on my way to cycle class at 10:30. :D back on track!

kyuuei

Emperor/Dictator
MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
I didn't have much time to report on here for anything, but I did 2 workouts over the holidays, I couldn't be bothered to do anything else. :laugh:

Yesterday I didn't go to gym class, total cheat. Today aerobics was cool. :D

ergophobe

Allergic to Mornings
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
I'll be overseas for four weeks starting today. I plan to keep my 5/week workout schedule with running/walking and some upper body exercises mixed in. I'm usually good while I'm there because the peeps there are very active. I'll check in and report as often as I can. In the meantime, keep up the good work everyone. :hug:

Welcome Zarathustra!

Udog - thanks for the update. I noticed we're both down to 1 cheat each. I'll be working on stayin' alive!

Also, did in fact maintain total weight loss through this week. Total weight loss now, since late June = 20lbs. :happy: Haven't been this weight in over two years and am ecstatic to be fitting into all my old clothes and planning on getting new ones on holiday!! :yay:

INTJMom

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w4
Also, did in fact maintain total weight loss through this week. Total weight loss now, since late June = 20lbs. :happy: Haven't been this weight in over two years and am ecstatic to be fitting into all my old clothes and planning on getting new ones on holiday!! :yay:
Awesome! :static: